2019 Portugal Open Feb 13-17

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Now that the biggest obstacle is gone, Hayata has to remain on alert and win this Open to increase her world ranking as much as possible, as the JTTA wants her to play in Tokyo Olympics.

Unfortunately, even if Hayata wins the tournament in Portugal, this will almost very little change her position in the ranking ...
She will not even enter the top twenty in the ITTF rating list for March ....And next month - she has big deductions of old bonuses ...And there is practically no reserve ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Maybe the 4th will be Truls's game! 8-7. A glimmer of hope there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Hayata has still a reasonable chance first to be in the Budapest squad. There is one slot left if she wins the qualification tournament and if it’s one of the 4 already qualified that do win she has now a good chance to get the wild card

I've always viewed her as number 4 on the team, so actually it was surprising Sato Hitomi was given a spot before her. By some sadistic twist of fate, Sato Hitomi the second seed has been ousted by a junior member of the Chinese National Team :eek:

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Moregard still needs a fair amount of mental forging.

Jan 2018
Szocs left an impression in the last WTTC and WTTTC. Like Pitchford, this is the year of make it or break it.

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I've always viewed her as number 4 on the team, so actually it was surprising Sato Hitomi was given a spot before her. By some sadistic twist of fate, Sato Hitomi the second seed has been ousted by a junior member of the Chinese National Team :eek:

The first of March will be the draw of eight players in Japan's TOP-12 ...Knockout ....March 2, QF - Knockout ....If Hayata wins, then on March 3 she will play with SATO Hitomi ....If she wins SATO, he will play with ISHIKAWA ....For reaching the final of the TOP-12..
Second semifinal - HIRANO - ITO ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I just came home now and can only say I AM SHOCKED!!!!

not that I don't believe in Hayata (I really want to see her winning), but daang, beat LSW was totally unexpected.

And I really hope LSW can get better results this year (as DN) or the chance to see her in Tokyo is quite unlikely. What an awesome open from my colonizers (LOL)

Last edited:
Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I just came home now and can only say I AM SHOCKED!!!!

not that I don't believe in Ishikawa (I really want to see her winning), but daang, beat LSW was totally unexpected.

And I really hope LSW can get better results this year (as DN) or the chance to see her in Tokyo is quite unlikely. What an awesomen open from my colonizers (LOL)

aaaahhhmmm ... Ishikawa?
; )

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
Jan 2018
just too much of retire Ishikawa from Zeio in the Thread hahaha
NIWIWd4h.jpg