Coming soon!!! MX-K in making from Tibhar's collaboration with Nexy

says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
Hi all:)

I hope you are all doing well!

Just a friendly heads up, Nexy and Tibhar are working on this new rubber together, whose name is MX-K.

By the sound of that K, I assume it stands for 'Korea'

Being a Korean myself, I do think it is quite meaningful that my home country's company is working with a big name to create something innovational.

It has been tested by Korea national team players and Joo Se Hyuk is said to be using one of the samples with a blade from Nexy.

The video is in Korean but I hope you all enjoy having a sneak peek at the MX-K samples.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017

Just a friendly heads up, Nexy and Tibhar are working on this new rubber together, whose name is MX-K.

Being a Korean myself, I do think it is quite meaningful that my home country's company is working with a big name to create something innovational.

It has been tested by Korea national team players and Joo Se Hyuk is said to be using one of the samples with a blade from Nexy.

The video is in Korean but I hope you all enjoy having a sneak peek at the MX-K samples.

Thanks. I for myself am more interested in the new Nexy blade. It seems that tak9.com has it already, but since the website is almost entirely in korean, it's a little difficult to place an order. Maybe I'm lucky and my dealer who carries some Nexy stuff will have it rather sooner than later...
Dan already tested it...

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews

Didn't Joo retired yet?

This user has no status.
Thanks. I for myself am more interested in the new Nexy blade. It seems that tak9.com has it already, but since the website is almost entirely in korean, it's a little difficult to place an order. Maybe I'm lucky and my dealer who carries some Nexy stuff will have it rather sooner than later...
Dan already tested it...

What's the design of the batos? Also what was the top secret info fast forwarded in the conversation between Oscar and Dan? Perhaps he can fill us in haha...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Joo Se Hyuk sporting the Nexy Skin Friend jersey as a Nexy Sponsored player.

Joo Se Hyuk still is a coach (I think) on Samsung Life Women's team.

jsh1.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hmmm, looks like Nexy Korea put the blade on the website very recently. Their retail price of 130,000 Won is around usd 120.

I should get some of these on my next order.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

120$ sounds reasonable given the high craftsmanship that Nexy provides. I just rewatched the clip which Denny linked in the hope to get a closer look at the blade. I had hoped that it would be an Innerforce type of blade, but it seems that the ALC is directly under the Limba top ply. Be that as it may, I will still get myself one.

Tak9 says it's 5+2 with Kiri as the core ply. Maybe it's a Nexy Oscar with Limba instead of Hinoki. And the handle is just beautiful - reminds me a little bit of the Butterfly Cofferlait.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Similar to Viscaria?

You asked me?

MX-K, which I think should be an ESN version of Karis would be a game changer for me. Karis with ESN quality control would really be nice. Very linear rubber and likely good for my close to the table game.

Karis is mainly a control rubber, so does the "K" in MX-K mean Korea or C/Kontrol? I would like to think it means C/Kontrol, but since the target market of this rubber seems to be Korea it might as well mean Korea...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Just wondering if it has the same composition as the classic butterfly ALC range.

ESN version of Karis would be very interesting. I'd definitely test it at least.

Classic Butterfly ALC composition such as Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri (Viscaria, TB ALC, TB Sprit, ZJK ALC etc.)? Or more like Maze/ Freitas ALC (Limba-ALC-Limba-Ayous)?

All we know so far is that the top ply is Limba, followed by ALC, then a (yet) unknown locking veneer and Kiri as the core ply (head size is 158 x 150mm and 5.75mm thickness). So yes, it somewhat resembles the Butterfly ALC line if you just look at the materials being used. But it is (probably) a little different - Pres. Moon seems quite creative...

If I had to take a guess, I would say that Ayous is being used as a locking veneer (some years ago Pres. Moon mentioned on mytt that he liked to use Ayous since it would add to the control of the blade (in the clip I initially linked you can read "Super Control" on the top right side; I believe that it refers to the blade and not the rubbers; in the test Dan used the blade with MX-P and EL-S, rubbers which offer not so much control I'd say)...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You asked me?

Karis is mainly a control rubber, so does the "K" in MX-K mean Korea or C/Kontrol? I would like to think it means C/Kontrol, but since the target market of this rubber seems to be Korea it might as well mean Korea...

Probably Korea but Karis is not a control rubber per se - I think the reason it ended up being that way was partly because of who produced it. Karis was supposed to be first and foremost a linear rubber - a rubber where you could gauge the output very easily based on your input and with a sponge that didn't collapse vs. top level loops. I don't think they achieved the latter as well as they wanted and I think that in general, the quality of the Japan factory where they made those rubbers was not even capable AFAIK of making really fast rubbers (though they may have some rubbers I don't know about). In any case, I would like to see ESN take a stab at it.

This user has no status.
Classic Butterfly ALC composition such as Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri (Viscaria, TB ALC, TB Sprit, ZJK ALC etc.)? Or more like Maze/ Freitas ALC (Limba-ALC-Limba-Ayous)?

All we know so far is that the top ply is Limba, followed by ALC, then a (yet) unknown locking veneer and Kiri as the core ply (head size is 158 x 150mm and 5.75mm thickness). So yes, it somewhat resembles the Butterfly ALC line if you just look at the materials being used. But it is (probably) a little different - Pres. Moon seems quite creative...

If I had to take a guess, I would say that Ayous is being used as a locking veneer (some years ago Pres. Moon mentioned on mytt that he liked to use Ayous since it would add to the control of the blade (in the clip I initially linked you can read "Super Control" on the top right side; I believe that it refers to the blade and not the rubbers; in the test Dan used the blade with MX-P and EL-S, rubbers which offer not so much control I'd say)...

Sounds like CCA/VS Unlimited composition then?