Butterfly Harimoto Innerforce ALC Blade - April 2019

This user has no status.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to be pedantic lol - But you made it seem like ZLC was also widely used (despite being less popular than ALC), and it was SZLC which was the black sheep of the family.

But I can't think of many pros even using ZLC these days?

In the top 100 in men's and women's there is probably several dozen using ZLC blades.

Reactions: NDH

NDH

says Spin to win!
In the top 100 in men's and women's there is probably several dozen using ZLC blades.

I'm sure there are in the top 100 - I don't follow it closely enough to know.

The top 20/30 seem predominantly ALC based (on the whole).

I guess I'm just surprised more haven't made the switch - Unless it simply doesn't suit their game (which must be frustrating for Butterfly, as they'll no doubt be missing out on plenty of sales from people wanting what their favourite player uses).

I guess it goes to show (especially in table tennis), that more expensive isn't always better!

ZLC is so much more than ALC (in terms of cost), yet on the face of it, offers little improvement on some shots, and maybe even a downgrade on others (depending on style).

This user has no status.
Maybe it's because they've just been using ALC for a long time and they don't want to change...? Just like why they stick to T05 despite all the new tensor rubber releases.

I don't think there's a need to overthink. The difference is negligible for most people. If it makes you feel better to use ALC because a lot of top 20/30 do, then by all means go for it.