Equipment:
      Blade andro Treiber FI
      Forehand Rubber andro Hexer Powergrip
      Backhand Rubber andro Hexer Grip

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts

andro Hexer Grip SFX and Powergrip SFX

After a previous opportunity to test andro Hexer Grip (45 ° sponge) and Powergrip (47.5 ° sponge), I became a big fan of these rubbers. I have already had few couples of these and I still have them on both main rackets. That's why I did not hesitate when I was given the opportunity to test their younger siblings. They have the same names with the attribute of SFX, which means they are equipped with softer sponge. I have read a lot of positive feedback on andro Hexer series everywhere on the Internet, so it's not surprising that the andro brand has decided to expand this family. In this case, it is certainly not another evolution, but only an addition for players for whose previous versions were too fast and hard. Now almost everybody could find his choice in this series (we still miss a 50 ° variant for a dominant FH, but we probably expect this series to be more of a non-professional player).
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hexery_SFX.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	18494
      The connection to the previous rubbers is quite obvious from the design of the packaging, which is almost identical. In addition, we find just the SFX symbol.

Name:	obaly.jpg 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	18495
      Hexer Grip SFX and Hexer Powergrip SFX carry very similar (possibly identical) topsheets as their predecessors. The material is therefore again 100% natural rubber. The main difference should be in the hardness of a significant green sponge, which could be found here at hardness of 42.5 degrees and 40 degrees. This difference does not seem to be huge, but the feel of the rubbers is quite different. The SFX Grip generally has much softer feel (from the first touch).

The red AHPG SFX square with a 1,9 mm thick sponge has weight 66 grams. The AHG SFX square in black with a 1,9 mm sponge has 4 grams less, so it has 62 grams. I have glued rubbers to the well-known TB ALC using TSP Bio Fix.

Name:	kompozice.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	18497
      Powergrip SFX had a stiffer impression, quite a bit like its harder siblings. Grip SFX feeling is softer, the ball easier breaks through the rubber and you can more feel the influence of the blade.

The first impressions of the game were fine. Everything was essentially automatic and my hand used to the older Hexers did not notch any surprises. The previous review of the Hexers ended by the fact that the covers are clearly connected together. This also applies to SFX versions. The rubbers have a slightly softer feel, a slightly lower speed, but they have a lot of similarities.

Spin
      Thanks to the topsheet rubber which is lightly adhesive (same as previous models), spin is absolutely excellent. The ball feels like bite into a rubbers. The topspin were played naturally and there was a lot of spin in it. In the case of rotation I did not noticed much differences despite the different sponge. HPG SFX is more direct and works better on the more powerfully played topspins (or powerspins). When comparing the arc with the classic Hexers, I would say that Powergrip is definitely the most direct, followed by both with a much smaller gap Powergipe SFX and Grip, and the "arc-est" SFX Gripe.

Speed
      These rubbers are built for controlled game close to the table. As I moved away from the table, I had to push more and more, which sometimes ended with time to time defected technique of the stroke and it's not just ideal. When you play the ball well timed on the table you can often easily get your opponent under pressure, for example the fast drive to the incoming topspin has worked great. When I flipped the bat for the same strokes, the speed difference between these two rubbers were noticeable. When you look at the whole family, I think that paper grading works well according to the sponge hardness (PG> G> PG SFX> G SFX).

Name:	houby.jpg 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	18496
      Control
      In one word - great. Softer rubbers usually have higher control in catalogue ratings, but "control" is always a very subjective metric. I also have experience with soft sponged rubbers, which were absolutely uncontrollable (mainly because of the bigger catapult effect). I have absolutely no problem with the SFX Hexers, these rubbers play very steadily. The catapult is pleasantly suppressed and I have not noticed any unexpected "kicking". This is a big plus especially for a stable block and short play and chop. These strokes, which basically can not be played not to be close to the table, are really good.

I have to mention that it generally is the main domain of the whole Hexer series. Rubbers have a huge tolerance of imperfectios in the game and you can really rely on them when you need it. Ideal choice for players who would like to develop and work on themselves.

Overall impresion
      The addition of softer versions is especially good for people whose game is based on control and try to "adapt" to their opponents playing style. It is nice to see that the softest SFX sponge has unusual 40 ° for Hexers (more usually is 37,5 ° what would be so much in this case). I do not know if it is a result of andro testing but that is good compromise. The Grip SFX is not too muddy and everything works as it should. Now, everyone can find his choice in the Hexer series.

Name:	prohnuti.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	18498
      Thank you.

2. The Following 5 Users Like Ondřej Horák's Post:

AndySmith (1 Week Ago),Ioiettino (1 Week Ago),shinshiro (13 Hours Ago),SpinKing (1 Week Ago),yoass (1 Week Ago)

3. Top | #2
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Germany

Equipment:
      Blade Ovtcharov No. 1
      Forehand Rubber Rasanter R47
      Backhand Rubber Rasanter R47

Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 597 Times in 349 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Ondřej Horák View Post
      A
      identical topsheets
      on all of the 4 "new" HeXers.

Nice review.

4. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Europe
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 2.0mm
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 2.0mm

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 236 Times in 147 Posts
      Thanks, I had seen these around but wasn't sure what the difference was.

5. Top | #4
      says equipment does not matter.

Senior TTD Member Country: UK

Equipment:
      Blade Yinhe M201
      Forehand Rubber Double Fish Qi Ji
      Backhand Rubber Andro Rasanter V42

Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 881 Times in 392 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Airoc View Post
      on all of the 4 "new" HeXers.

Nice review.
      All 4 of them have identical topsheets?

6. Top | #5
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Germany

Equipment:
      Blade Ovtcharov No. 1
      Forehand Rubber Rasanter R47
      Backhand Rubber Rasanter R47

Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 597 Times in 349 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by AndySmith View Post
      All 4 of them have identical topsheets?
      Yes. (Source: andro product management).

7. The Following 2 Users Like Airoc's Post:

AndySmith (1 Week Ago),Ondřej Horák (1 Week Ago)

8. Top | #6
      says equipment does not matter.

Senior TTD Member Country: UK

Equipment:
      Blade Yinhe M201
      Forehand Rubber Double Fish Qi Ji
      Backhand Rubber Andro Rasanter V42

Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 881 Times in 392 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Airoc View Post
      Yes. (Source: andro product management).
      Many thanks! Useful info. Was looking to try one of these 4 soon, and now I can pick solely on sponge hardness.

And thanks also to Ondrej for the excellent review!

9. The Following User Likes AndySmith's Post:

Ondřej Horák (1 Week Ago)

10. Top | #7
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Greece

Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Offensive Classic
      Forehand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzm-P
      Backhand Rubber JOOLA Maxxx-P

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Can you tell us please how durable these 4 rubbers are?

11. Top | #8
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Czech Republic
      Equipment:
      Blade andro Treiber FI

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by reiser View Post
      Can you tell us please how durable these 4 rubbers are?
      Imho durability of these rubbers is on average. I play cca 3 times a week and I think 2-3 pairs for a seasson should be ok. The pair that is worn out is quite ok in terms of speed but it lost its grip so rotation is weaker.

12. Top | #9
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade andro Treiber FI

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by AndySmith View Post
      Many thanks! Useful info. Was looking to try one of these 4 soon, and now I can pick solely on sponge hardness.

And thanks also to Ondrej for the excellent review!
      Hi Andy, hope this will help you while your desicion-making. If you have already had a preference of rubber/sponge hardness, you probably can´t go wrong with this series. I really like them all but I am staying with my prefered Powergrip and Grip without SFX.

Looking forward to your feedback after some impressions.

13. Top | #10
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Brazil

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 140 Times in 87 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Ondřej Horák View Post
      [Review]
      Thank you very much for the review!

I have a few questions regarding Hexer Grip (regular version) vs Powergrip SFX, I would be grateful if you could help me

- Which has better overall control between the two?
      - Which is less bouncy on short game? (Low catapult effect on soft strokes)
      - Have you noticed spin difference between the two?
      - Which is the easiest to lift backspin balls in order to produce slow, high & safe spinny loops? (thin brush)
      - Also, can you name other rubbers that has similar speed to Grip (regular version) and Powergrip SFX? (Just to get a better idea)

That ended up being more questions than I initially tought , sorry

Thanks!

PS: I posted similar questions on mytt (fewer tough), but it seems that you have not logged in since the day you posted your review there, so I'm posting here too. I was wondering if you access TTD more frequently

14. Top | #11
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade andro Treiber FI

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Hello, feedback in your text.

Quote Originally Posted by shinshiro View Post
      Thank you very much for the review!

I have a few questions regarding Hexer Grip (regular version) vs Powergrip SFX, I would be grateful if you could help me

- Which has better overall control between the two? I play Grip on BH and PGSFX more on FH, but I would say Grip.
      - Which is less bouncy on short game? (Low catapult effect on soft strokes) Quite similar, both are better than Grip SFX in this
      - Have you noticed spin difference between the two? Not at all
      - Which is the easiest to lift backspin balls in order to produce slow, high & safe spinny loops? (thin brush) - Grip has higher throw, so probably Grip.
      - Also, can you name other rubbers that has similar speed to Grip (regular version) and Powergrip SFX? (Just to get a better idea) - Quite hard to say but when I choose rubbers with same sponge hardness - Grip is slightly slower than Aurus Select (45°), PG SFX is little bit faster than Vega Asia DF (42,5°).

That ended up being more questions than I initially tought , sorry

Thanks!

PS: I posted similar questions on mytt (fewer tough), but it seems that you have not logged in since the day you posted your review there, so I'm posting here too. I was wondering if you access TTD more frequently

Hope I helped.

15. The Following User Likes Ondřej Horák's Post:

shinshiro (16 Hours Ago)