Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05 HARD VS Rakza X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
it seems like Tenergy 05 is a very good and safe choice! Alot of you guys seems to like it!

I will play a little with a guy that have 05 on bh and 05 HARD on fh tonight. I will try some balls with his racket if i have the time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Anyone have an opinion about victas VS 401? played a chopper that had that rubber on the forehand. His opening forehand loop was the worst i have ever played, massive spin. But it seems to be just for choppers and the rubber seems somewhat tacky so maybe it is way to slow for the backhand?

Anyone tried it?

I think T05Hard would be better for Lula than T64.

I prefer blocking with T05H, and I find it more responsive to punch (whilst still giving you the ability to spin it up and loop away from the table).

T64 seems to be a dying rubber from what I can tell.
Second that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I disagree with a statements like "Tenergy not worth the price". First of all, different people have different incomes($), and to some people the high price means nothing.
Second, if you forget about the price of Tenergy for a second, its a pretty good rubber, probably the best for a certain type of play and skill level.

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
I disagree with a statements like "Tenergy not worth the price". First of all, different people have different incomes($), and to some people the high price means nothing.
Second, if you forget about the price of Tenergy for a second, its a pretty good rubber, probably the best for a certain type of play and skill level.

I think when people say "worth the price", they probably mean "value for money".

So if Tenergy is £60 and X rubber is only £30, but 85% as good - Tenergy would be considered "poor value for money".

Now..... There are a huge number of things to take into account, especially for recreational players.

1. Are you going to get the most out of Tenergy? If not, is "rubber X" at 85% of the performance and half the cost going to be just as good?

2. How long will rubber X last compared to Tenergy (my experience is that Tenergy lasts the longest).

3. How much enjoyment does using Tenergy bring to you? If you are always worried about the cost etc - Then it's not worth it.

If it allows you to feel unrivalled happiness when playing, then it's worth whatever you paid.

4. There is no such thing as "best" in table tennis, because everyone has slightly different techniques. But there's a reason why SO many professionals use one form of Tenergy....... So it can certainly be argued that it's a tried and tested rubber which many top players swear by.

Just a few fun thoughts on this miserable Saturday afternoon!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
All good points. But as you mentioned, if you are not worried about the cost, and it gives you enjoyment playing more than other rubers, then it does not matter if its not worth the money for the value you getting. You know, some people dont look at prices, they buy what they like.

Last edited:
IMO I find tenergy to be worth the price compared to most other rubbers because its durability is better than most. I'm currently using MX-P which I can get for around 35-40 bucks a sheet and then it lasts me a month or two before starting to degrade in performance. On the other hand, I can get tenergy for 75 bucks a sheet and it'll easily last close to a year without much performance degradation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Have anyone Tried rakza x and can compare it to tenergy? Think rakza plays pretty well.

Thanks for all the answers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Have anyone Tried rakza x and can compare it to tenergy? Think rakza plays pretty well.

Thanks for all the answers!

Frankly, I am more used to ESN rubbers than to Tenergy. To me, the ESN fare feels more direct.

Regarding Spin, I have never come across a rubber that produces more spin than 05 yet. I've tried the 05 Hard, and it feels similar. I couldn't really find any astronomical difference between the two.
There is a Tenergy chart going around, which tells you the difference between Tenergies - something which I found accurate.

I've not tried the VS401. Only tried the VS402. It's a great all round offence rubber with a pretty dead feel. It does not have that exaggerated catapult and it comes with a pretty hard sponge. I feel there are many better options in the same catageory if you preferred something with more (speed, spin, control). Compared directly if you'd like something hard with good spin, I'd recommend the Tibhar Evo MX-S.

I've tried Rakza X on two occasions on an innerforce ZLC blade. The rubber was just too hard and numb for me. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. Rakza 7 on the other hand felt overall softer, and easy to use.

I'm a casual player. Who plays one-sided penhold.

As Fruity mentioned, welcome to EJ-nomics!

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Before changing to chinese rubber, I used always T05 on FH. I think it's worth the price. I could get so much spin on serves that I couldn't with ESN alternatives(the service is my best weapon). I just could put so much spin that I couldn't with other ESN rubber. But I could use Tenergy at his best on FH. I used on BH, and as I could take the best of it, I could lob with so much spin. I could tell the difference of arc between T05 and other ESN that I've tried. As I was used to 05, every time that I lobbed with a ESN rubber alternative, the ball always go longer than the table, as the arc isn't so good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
I don't even know why RX is in the discussion with T05H. Not the same class of rubber in terms of spin or (in case spin is deficient) power.

I think, two more appropriate choices might be: (1) Rasanter R50 and (2) Xiom Omega 7 Tour

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I don't even know why RX is in the discussion with T05H. Not the same class of rubber in terms of spin or (in case spin is deficient) power.

I think, two more appropriate choices might be: (1) Rasanter R50 and (2) Xiom Omega 7 Tour

I play with rakza now. That is why i asked. Maybe i should try tenergy then.

But a 5 degree margin is a bit much. Given that from the softest ESN (32,5) and the hardest (52,5) there are 20 degrees over the whole scale, so that would be a quarter of what´s available just as deviance ...

For a mid-hard rubber a 5 degree margin is really a bit much. For softer rubbers the margin should be much less. But for the hardest its even greater. For Xiom Omega 7 Tour the margin is 6 degrees - 55 +/- 3.

To Lula I wouid suggest really to try both T05 and T05H.
Once you have that refference, later it will be easier to define what is more worthy for you.
If you want to look elsewhere I would suggest Xiom Omega 5 Asia as a T05 alternative and Xiom Omega 7 Asia as a T05H alternative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you are correct! Only when i have Tried tenergy i can say if i think it is worth it. Hard for you guys to know What i think, But nice to hear What you think of the rubber.

Will proably order a tenergy for my next rubber.

Now i only need to figure out if i should try 05 or 05hard. I know that i Do not want it to be softer than rakza x.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
@Lula : saw your video .. IMHO even though it will be nice to see your backhand :) there is no reason you need to shop around ... your good to go with T05H ... unless price is the problem ... there is a legit way to get around the price problem , you need to find somebody who has home / visiting a country where Tenergy price is less they can get it for you for a lesser price ... e.g Korea ... regarding passive play , its actually easier to block with T05 Hard .... everything else other than banana flick should have more quality than T05 ... the banana if you use it a lot in your game .. you might want to try it out with T05 H before making a decision .. I have been using the rubber for last 2 months and have tried it on either side I can only say good things about it ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Lula, I am playing now with a RX on the BH and just removed an oldish T05 from the FH to replace it with T64. Speedwise I found the T05 to be a bit slower. Spinwise the T05 is superior ,meaning that I could play bigger variety of spin related shots, opening against a heavy chop or a push is easier as well.
On the other hand the loop drive with RX felt much easier and kind a natural to me. Smash is definitely easier with the RX. BTW the Rakza X was my FH rubber for the last couple of years until two months ago when I decided to put it on my BH and I am very happy with the results.
RX for me has a better overall control since is not so spin sensitive .
Finally I must say that I have a similar FH as yours, at least while training....

Last edited: