Blade for absolute starter

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You are not gunna see Der_Echte try to make you change your opinion.

I already agree that your approach can work and see why you think the way you do and decide how you did.

It is an example of different approaches being effective.

You might see Der_Echte get in the face of someone who claims it is the only way though...

Goon Squad activate. :D

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
Jan 2018
If the player is committed then custom setup ie. 1-1 coaching, parent/family/friend coaching etc
If they just want to try out then whatever makes them happy

This user has no status.
guys, the fact that he has a TTD account and is posing this question already shows me he isnt looking for a premade to toy with. Him asking here to me shows he wants to learn, not **** around. I agree with the opinion that looking for a custom bat that offers better feedback and aids in developing solid technique is the right suggestion FOR HIM.

This user has no status.
Haha - Love a good GIF.
1. No idea if player will enjoy the sport - Might quit after a few weeks.
I didnt realize how much I hated my stiga supreme until i tried a custom blade. Having good feedback from your blade is compelling experience.

Reactions: jawien

NDH

says Spin to win!
How old were you when that happened (and how long had you been playing?)

My son, whose been playing for a few weeks would simply not understand the difference in feel between bats. It certainly wouldn’t enhance his experience right now.

Also, going back to your other post, the OP is asking for a friend.

That friend doesnt have a TTD account, so we have no idea how serious they are.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
How old were you when that happened (and how long had you been playing?)

My son, whose been playing for a few weeks would simply not understand the difference in feel between bats. It certainly wouldn’t enhance his experience right now.

Also, going back to your other post, the OP is asking for a friend.

That friend doesnt have a TTD account, so we have no idea how serious they are.

I misread then. I take it back, I can't suggest one way or another then.
I was around 30 when I decided to get serious (I'm 37 now). My journey in TT has been a very haphazard one. I realized too late the importance of an allround blade. I stick to All+ or Off- now, anything more is a dumb idea given how much i play.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Exactly what I wanted to post.

This thread should have never gone to 70 replies. This is dumb.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Premade vs custom caught us off the guard this time ... ; )

One thing I have to give to NDH is I didn't realize when discussing it, that when people come over and ask me about a "nice" blade, they usually already had a 10$ racket ... so they did that tt 1 - 3 months period themselves, and actually there's not even a point for me to give such advice ... hah ...

This user has no status.

One thing I have to give to NDH is I didn't realize when discussing it, that when people come over and ask me about a "nice" blade, they usually already had a 10$ racket ... so they did that tt 1 - 3 months period themselves, and actually there's not even a point for me to give such advice ... hah ...

This is true. It's usually a basement type recreational player who has picked up a bat before.

NDH

says Spin to win!

Would it be the internet if we all understood each other and agreed? ;)

It ties in with what I was saying, especially about the "adult" who could get to grips with a custom much quicker (possibly even straight away), compared with a junior who is still learning hand eye coordination.

Reactions: jawien
Jan 2018
Totally agree. I myself use to play when I was young, not played for 15+ yrs, then started playing because my son gets interested. I got a cheap racket custom/premade Gambler but I tried my sons racket one day when I forgot mine and that opened my eyes. TTD members had recommended in the beginning to get a duplicate of my sons setup for myself too but I didnt, for various reasons.

In my opinion ( just my opinion, I am no expert), as soon as a player learns not to bang up the blade on table etc ie. get some control (mainly for children) they should get the custom setup. This is what I am waiting for my 7 yr old now to get her own custom setup. By the way she is using Stiga supreme currently - practicing for a few months