How to glue OX rubber to blade without glue sheet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I create this post as I've seen a few discussions on how to glue OX rubber. Glue sheet is ok but a bit more expensive. Here are the steps.

1. Put OX sheet with paper cover down on a cutting board.
2. Tape the edges on the board with Scott tape but leave the one with manufacturer mark out.
3. Spread glue on the OX sheet and blade. Tapes help keep OX in place during this spreading glue process.
4. Dry glue with air dry blower
5. Put blade on OX sheet. Make sure it is centered.
6. Cut with a sharp blade.

Voila ... it works after only 5-6 minutes including drying time.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgIMG_4117.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have a wine bottle that I have used for putting on LP 0X. The problem is I don't get it aligned right by the handle.
I use the OPs procedure except I put a piece of wax paper on the blade and then put the LP 0X on the wax paper. I then pull the wax paper towards the tip of the paddle exposing only a little bit of the LP 0X and press it down making sure there are no wrinkles. I then pull the was paper up a little more and repeat. It works well. I use this technique with my 755 0X which has got to be one of the difficult LP 0X to apply because of the thin base sheet. It is hard worth a glue sheet for a $5 rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How Do the blade works with long pimple? To fast? I would think that the blade make it hard with control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I prefer gluesheet, as gluesheet has a better bond than glue in the case of OX rubbers, since the sponge holds the glue, the OX top sheet is very bad in it.

I am able to glue like OP, or can also put glue layer on blade / ox rubber and glue normally - just need extra pair of hands to assist.

at the end, glue bond is the only weak part - especially if player will hit the table regularly