Do you like this forum? POLL

Do you like this Forum ? (TableTennisDaily)

• Total voters
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
No doubt, there are things that can be improved..but these things will come eventually. The site is still comparatively young. I would like to see more members from china, korea, japan, hongkong.. advance players with technical know how, and more reviews on products like blades, rubbers, glues etc...but I am confident that as this site matures, so will the contents.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yes I totally understand what u are saying :) But I have always been a Butterfly-man and when I started Sriver rubbers were recommended by my trainer to everyone that had just started. So I played with them a couple of years and later started to glue them. Only 1 year before the ban I went to try G2. Now after the ban I've been trying out some equipment that is recommended by players I know, like Haifu and Xiom (after Tenergy price went up). So my vision on rubbers is very limited haha I find that the Xiom fits me perfectly on backhand and the Haifu on FH. Maybe I will get a faster FH rubber if I improve my FH but it will be a Xiom or a Haifu most likely.

But yes I know that most people are interested in it so it is very good to have it on the forum. I think that is also the case with the 'worthless' comments. It is what makes this forum different to others. Usually it is question - answer on a forum. Here we just have a nice chat about table tennis ;)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
In my opinion this is the best on-line table tennis site by far; by far the best forum and the best info on what is currently happening in the table tennis world.

Just seen this guys, sorry for late reply! Thanks so much Carl, thanks for all your fantastic posts so far they have been great! Yeah TTD is basically updating everything by the second on the world of TT :)

Dan buddy, you really out did yourself by creating this amazing forum. There are numerous forums out there, but honestly mate, this site takes the cake. I've read through various TT forums through the years, but I never have the inclination to register as a member....until I come across TTdaily.

And also I would like to add, what makes this site incredible are you guys!! The members!! You people are something else, it's just great. Everyday I have a hectic schedule, with my kids, my architectural firm, meetings...etc, but I never fail to log in and see new threads, posts and new info about whats happening in TTworld by people like Pingpongpom, Carl, Rhydian, you Dan, Wiwa, Anders, yousa, chughtai, zookato, bryce, and many many more. Thanx for making this forum an excellent one.

Thanks so much Azlan! Glad you find time around your hectic schedule! :)

You are one of those members who makes this site incredible!

Everyone is so right. TTD is always on a tab when I am on my laptop, so I just have to refresh, which I do like 5 times per hour if not more haha.

Haha! I know the feeling, refreshing every minute to check for an update haha :) Thanks for the positives!

Amazing forum!
Great news, great videos, great threads, great people, ...
What do you want more? :D
Keep it going Dan :D

Haha your awesome!

I like it a lot, thats why I am here everyday :)

Me to! :) Thanks!

If I didn't I wouldn't give so much of my time to it :) Keep it up Dan it's a great brain child and has so much potential

Cheers bro!

It is good that we have different opinions about that. Otherwise there would not start a discussion ;) Equipment is for me a very important part. it comes directly after training/technique and seeing pro's playing table tennis
reason: there is no other sport which has such a variety on equipment, all these blades and rubbers ..... countless
and I have no chance to test the rubber and after test to say: No I don't want this one, I want to test another....
through reviews I can limit the choice and save money
If the salesperson glue the rubber on my blade there will no way back for me .... have to play it

hope you understand, ofc I accept your point of view

Thanks Tim, you have been awesome to this site to! :) I have took on your words concerning to improve the equipment section. You are right it was slacking. I have up dated it and I hope you like how it is so far. Once there have been lots of reviews, I think ill make a whole new secion to this site called 'TTD Reviews'. But thats for future progress :)

Anyways heres the link for the new layout of the Equipment forum http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?101-Table-Tennis-Equipment-(Everything)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
More suggestions for improvement on the site will be much appreciated. Tell us some issues you may have on here. Its what will make this site improve in the long run.

Have a good day

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have to be honest, for me, I don't think there is much that needs to be changed about this site. I think the way it is organized and put together is pretty amazing. It seems like so much work must go into how everything is integrated. But, since I see there are a lot of people who are into the equipment information thing, I had an idea that might work, although it would be a lot of work.

Posts in forums about different equipment, when you are dealing with reviews of specific products are sort of hard to organize and follow. If there was a section where different products were listed, and as many products as possible were listed, and you could enter that product and read other people's reviews and/or post your own when you have useful information about that product, it might be really helpful to people. With such a large, preexisting on line community, encouraging as many people to give reviews on products they have tested as possible would make this type of thing very helpful and would probably bring people to the site.

Now something like this already exists. Here is a link to the blades section of tabletennisdb: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/

I go there all the time, but Table Tennis Daily is so much better of a site that, if there was something like this, and we as members worked to get as much of the products reviewed as quick as possible, it would probably not only be really useful to everyone out there in the table tennis world, it would probably bring a huge number of more members to the site. However, I know this would be a huge undertaking and would make the site even more gigantic. And the site, in my opinion is by far, the best site out there on Table Tennis without any need of changes.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have to be honest, for me, I don't think there is much that needs to be changed about this site. I think the way it is organized and put together is pretty amazing. It seems like so much work must go into how everything is integrated. But, since I see there are a lot of people who are into the equipment information thing, I had an idea that might work, although it would be a lot of work.

Posts in forums about different equipment, when you are dealing with reviews of specific products are sort of hard to organize and follow. If there was a section where different products were listed, and as many products as possible were listed, and you could enter that product and read other people's reviews and/or post your own when you have useful information about that product, it might be really helpful to people. With such a large, preexisting on line community, encouraging as many people to give reviews on products they have tested as possible would make this type of thing very helpful and would probably bring people to the site.

Now something like this already exists. Here is a link to the blades section of tabletennisdb: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/

I go there all the time, but Table Tennis Daily is so much better of a site that, if there was something like this, and we as members worked to get as much of the products reviewed as quick as possible, it would probably not only be really useful to everyone out there in the table tennis world, it would probably bring a huge number of more members to the site. However, I know this would be a huge undertaking and would make the site even more gigantic. And the site, in my opinion is by far, the best site out there on Table Tennis without any need of changes.

Awesome Carl!

We think so alike! :)

I am working on something like this, I will use what you have said tho, brilliant ideas! Ill try have this set up within one month,

BTW thanks for the huge support and compliments, I put in sometimes 10 hours a day to maintain what this site has to offer :) .. Im away now for 4 days but I will try to keep things managed.

Take care m8

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Awesome Carl!

We think so alike! :)

I am working on something like this, I will use what you have said tho, brilliant ideas! Ill try have this set up within one month,

BTW thanks for the huge support and compliments, I put in sometimes 10 hours a day to maintain what this site has to offer :) .. Im away now for 4 days but I will try to keep things managed.

Take care m8

That will be totally awesome.

And I can absolutely tell how much work goes into this site. I definitely appreciate it and am glad I found it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Thanks bro :)

Throw at me what needs to be improved

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

lol thats my post one month ago bro, you have most of it covered now.
I like how you upgrade the forum.
I think more sub topics will be needed because most of the posts are in general discussion.

Oh and thanks for reviving my friend list :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
lol thats my post one month ago bro, you have most of it covered now.
I like how you upgrade the forum.
I think more sub topics will be needed because most of the posts are in general discussion.

Oh and thanks for reviving my friend list :)

Awesome yosua! When did your friends list come back?

Your so right about the general forum... Its filled up crazy i will have all that sorted by the weekend :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Here's something I ran into several times now:

If u try to read the comments on articles (not the forum but news articles) they are white text on a white background, so you have to select the text with your mouse in order to read it. Might be an error or something, but it would be easier to read on a dark background ;)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Here's something I ran into several times now:

If u try to read the comments on articles (not the forum but news articles) they are white text on a white background, so you have to select the text with your mouse in order to read it. Might be an error or something, but it would be easier to read on a dark background ;)

Hey Wiwa

Thanks for letting me know about the issue. What browser are you using?

I have tested the comments in an artile on the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and don't seem to have the problem.

What browser are you using?

ttdquestion.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey Wiwa

Thanks for letting me know about the issue. What browser are you using?

I have tested the comments in an artile on the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and don't seem to have the problem.

What browser are you using?

View attachment 711

It happens in Chrome for me. But I just check and in IE it is fine. Probably my lay-out settings or something like that.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It happens in Chrome for me. But I just check and in IE it is fine. Probably my lay-out settings or something like that.

Yeah, interesting.

Sometimes the forum can inflict with some people's browsers. Check if you have downloaded the latest version of Chrome