old Stiga Ulf Tickan Carlsson /the same like stiga alser with tickan carlsson handl/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I sell old stiga all blade from 70 year in very good condition:
Stiga Ulf Tickan Carlsson/is the same like stiga alser with handle Ulf Tickan Carlsson/ , Made in Tranas Sweden - 240 dollars
I have paypal, shipping worldwide-10 dollar.
PM or email [email protected]

imageD000.jpgimageD001.jpgimageD002.jpgimageD004.jpgimageD005.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
The weight is 78g, 5.1 mm thickness. It isnt broken:). Its solid like rock:). i can make video if somebody has serious interest. Or we can call via fb or skype. I

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I sell old stiga all blade from 70 year in very good condition:
Stiga Ulf Tickan Carlsson/is the same like stiga alser with handle Ulf Tickan Carlsson/ , Made in Tranas Sweden - 240 dollars
I have paypal, shipping worldwide-10 dollar.
PM or email [email protected]

View attachment 18554View attachment 18555View attachment 18556View attachment 18557View attachment 18558

Dude, I just can't help myself, but something about this blade looks pretty fishy to me.
Actually it's a few things.

Firstly: What happened to the printing at the blade's neck?
To the time when this blade is supposed to be produced STIGA used to print the blade's name there.
It has changed from ' Offensive wood' to 'STIGA Offensiv' to STIGA Offensiv classic.
So what happened to that printing?

Besides, if the blade really is authentic what happened to the handle engraving?
That alone makes it appear a bit suspicious. Yet there's more.

Also if you look from sideview at the core and the other plies it just looks way too new given the estimated age of this blade and all this makes it rather look like a pretty new Stiga Offensive Classic with old handle cups.

Also as others have mentioned, there is a very visible crack that might have been repaired, but it's totally visible, so denying the existance makes one appear a little.....
DISHONEST....
so a bit more honesty would most likely be good for all of us, but everyone has to decide how people will rate his appearance.
[Emoji6]

hair01.JPG

Here's an ORIGINAL STIGA blade from the eighties. If you look carefully you will find a whole lot of differences to your blade here.
IMG_9210_s.jpg
IMG_9211_s.jpg

Here are 3 threads that can bring some light into the dark.

The first one is from this forum, the other two from other forums.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...n-old-Stiga-Offensive-Classic-(1988)&p=160956

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69217&PN=1&title=i-am-proud-to-present

http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?t=38192

Certainly I would apologize if my conclusions and assumptions are proven wrong....

....but my gut feeling tells me I'm not so far off....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
First, its not cracked. Its scratch-dirt.
Second, you can see serial number c45(or something similar)-so, it isnt possible, that the core was changed.
I am not expert for stiga blades, its the blade of coeague-he hasnt played with it for 18 years. Maybe the top ply could be repaired?
We can call , if somebody has serious interest, and i can show magnified details of the blade, sound, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Suga D: Do you know when the Tickan blades were introduced? My faint childhood memories tells me that they were "the new big thing" when I was about 7 which would date that to 1985. Everyone had Kjell Johansson, Hans Alsér or Stellan Bengtsson blades but REALLY wanted to get the AN Tickan blades (pre mades but anyway).

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Suga D: Do you know when the Tickan blades were introduced? My faint childhood memories tells me that they were "the new big thing" when I was about 7 which would date that to 1985. Everyone had Kjell Johansson, Hans Alsér or Stellan Bengtsson blades but REALLY wanted to get the AN Tickan blades (pre mades but anyway).

I think '84 or '85 isn't that far off from reality. Maybe if Magic_M sees this he will add a word or two. I think i can remember an old catalogue from '84 where I saw the 'Tickan' handle the first time. But my old man memory could be also playing tricks on me.
[Emoji6]

It would probably be worth it to see some closeups of that neck part with that what OP calls 'scratch-dirt' *cough-cough*.

Also the top ply looks to me like dyed koto and not like nut, as it was used in the first versions.

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
FCEF7593-6B8E-42B9-9378-40AC3EB51BC2.jpg

The handle in the OP’s post for sure looks weird. This is one of the few photos I have of my own (taken while trying to restore my childhood treasures earlier this year). The lense looks very different.

The blade is nowadays in in the hands of my doubles partner as her backup blade. She only plays TT with this handle paired with Sriver and Superanti. She’s still at division 5 level in Sweden which is pretty good.

Reactions: Suga D