New Table Tennis Equipment 2019

They will be concentrating with their new rubbers this year. So aside from the centric, i guess the 75th anniversary Clipper is the only blade being released globally.

QUOTE=RidTheKid;268753]Ok. I asked Stiga last week about the Centric blade and I've received no answer as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Great spot on! Any details on what is different from previous HL5 and FB2 versions? I see it's still innerlayer construction with chinese version of ALC, or is it another fiber? Is outer ply still limba?

From what I could read on the Chinese tt forums the core is thicker.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Mattenet??? I just checked and did find these blades on Contra, heck it's surprising to find a blade to his name only now. Not to mention, I always thought he was Butterfly through and through. Ah well, good for him. I just wish the French flag colour theme could be a little less overdone - call me an ungrateful and unpatriotic git, but it's one thing that would make it pretty hard for me to ever use a Tibhar Lebesson...

By the way Andy, Sweden Extra as your main blade?? That's so... mainstream ;) (I do love them).

Edit, sort of: FB page says he's been sponsored by Joola since September 2018, and following some testing has settled on (FL) Zelebro PBO-C with red Maxxx 500 (!) on forehand and black Rhyzer 48 on backhand.

mattenet.jpg

This user has no status.
Joola:

Rhyzer Pro 45

Mattenet Off
Mattenet All+
Eagle II Carbon
Eagle II Fast
Eagle II Medium
Challenger Carbon
Challenger Off
Challenger All
Classic Junior Off
Classic Carbon Off
Classic Off
Classic All

So, It sounds like Rhyzer 45 Pro will have the same top sheet as Rhyzer 50 Pro because it has the word “Pro” in it. Am I correct to assume that? (Which is obviously different from the Rhyzer 43/48 non-Pro topsheet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I think all rhyzers have the same topsheet with only diff. sponge hardness.

The JOOLA website explains that 50 Pro has a different pimple geometry than 48/43. (Check the “details” section. https://www.joolausa.com/JOOLA-Rhyzer-Pro-50

“The Rhyzer 43 and Rhyzer 48 are both equipped with thin pimples and a wider distance between each pimple. This allows the ball to penetrate deeper into the rubber surface to create a catapult effect for a higher ball trajectory. At the same time, the softer 43 and 48 degree sponges provide more control.

In contrast, the Rhyzer Pro 50 has a stiffer 50 degree sponge, thicker pimples, and a narrower distance between each pimple. This means that the ball contact time is shorter, the stroke harder, and the trajectory lower. The Rhyzer Pro 50 rubber plays with maximum power. “

Last edited:
This user has no status.
New Friendship/729 Preston Max Speed and Preston Max Spin
729_PrestoMax.jpg

Friendship 729 PRESTO MAX (2019 New) Spin / Speed

729 new Presto MAX series, matched with macroporous sponge of special hardness and thickness, combined with light, high tensile topsheet. Both SPIN and SPEED model are developed after hundreds of experiments in 729 labs, and tested by players from provincial teams.
Characteristics: Non-tacky Rubber + Macroporous Sponge
Hardness: 46

Price is about ~20USD in Aliexpress shops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
In contrast, the Rhyzer Pro 50 has a stiffer 50 degree sponge, thicker pimples, and a narrower distance between each pimple. This means that the ball contact time is shorter, the stroke harder, and the trajectory lower. The Rhyzer Pro 50 rubber plays with maximum power. “

I don't know why this image is not directly on the Rhyzer details page from Joola but here is the difference side-by-side.
Rhyzer 43/48 vs Rhyzer Pro 45/50 topsheet:

HVJOL70446-JOOLA-Rhyzer-PRO-45-_3.jpg

I don't know how the rubber of the Rhyzer Pro 45 will look like...anybody got information on that?

Last edited: