New Table Tennis Equipment 2019

Ok, Synectics, involved in development and market distribution, ITC is a brand name, but I do believe that the real producer is still ESN. Or maybe I'm wrong, though I don't think so.

p.s. = maybe the Google translater is not very accurate:

"DONIC Bluestorm RSM is a new rubber from DoNIC, Europe's leading brand. The Blue Storm series is Donik's flagship rubber, and a total of five (Z1, Z2, Z3, Z1 Turbo and Big Slam) have been released so far, and the sixth version, the Blue Storm RSM, has been released. However, the new Bluestorm RSM is a different rubber from the previous Bluestorm series. First of all, Bluestorm RSM is a rubber produced by the head of Synonics Group, the official Korean agency. Usually, rubber is developed and produced mainly at the headquarters, but Bluestorm RSM is a rubber produced after close consultation with Donik Germany headquarters led by Synextics Group."

from here:

http://www.airping.co.kr/01life/03_1.php?idx=362211&kind=view&bbscode=bba2

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidRX93
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
And yet on the sponge it says Made In Germany in pretty much standard ESN typeface.

I think the term "produced by" is used in the sense of Hollywood movies.

First of all, Blue Storm RSM is the official Korean agency Rubber produced by the Synectics Group. Usually, rubber is developed and produced mainly at the headquarters, but Bluestorm RSM is a rubber produced after close consultation with Donik Germany headquarters led by Synectics Group.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2018
This has been out there for 4 months.

WXr0DxR.jpg

VKNgVfi.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2018
Well, the point I'm trying to make is I'm not missing out much if you can't speak about it because of the NDA, which is what AndySmith was hinting at.

I mean I know Butterfly is working on a new blade material. Those in the know know about it. I'm not bound by NDA here but I still won't talk about it. You're not missing out much. See?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Deep Impact Thermo Control? Does this mean Xiom is joining the heat treated wood gang?

Please let me know if I'm prying too much, but did Xiom tell you their thesis on these blades?

AFAIK heat treatment makes wood weaker, are they trying to slow down a carbon blade? What specific feel/characteristics are the designers going after?

Even with a 60 degree sponge, the topsheet is soft so mostly it would feel like 55 degrees but still it is hard. The tuning in the sponge though makes it a lil softer. The rubbers i tested were softer than their actual hardness.

Last edited: