Country championships 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
National championships 2019

German, Spanish, Portugal, French, Slovak, Polish etc etc..
All the championships are just around the corner and this is the topic, where we can discuss about our guesses and wishes of who would win which..
Also you can put here online streams of those, so we can share this exciting competitions!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So anyways from what I know, Wang Yang will not attend Slovakian national championships, because he went to China to see his wife that is going to give birth to their kid.
So Slovakian Championships have seeded Pištej as no. 1, Šereda as no. 1, Valuch 3rd.
The new in Slovakian championships is, that Andriy Sitak and Valerij Rakov, former Ukrainian players - they got Slovakian citizenship so they will attend here too.
For Czech championships the news are - they are going public!
They sell tickets for the first time, untill now it was free.
They also stream 4 tables online!
You can watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/czpingpong/videos?flow=grid&view=2

Slovakian championships will also provide live stream, but I guess with not as good sound and the view will be from above.
I will go there and record some matches for later sharing on youtube, I hope it will work out well!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Portuguese championships are also this weekend. I will play singles and doubles.

Out of the big names only Andre Silva and Diogo Carvalho are coming. I think Andre will win.

This user has no status.
How about German championships?
Will there be any stream?
I heared rummours that it will be last championships for Timo Boll and Ovtcharov is not attending.. so maybe Timo can win!

Yes Dima has pulled out, to prepare for world's. Timo's last makes sense because Tokyo 2020 may be his last night tournament ever and he will want perfect preparation. He must be desperate to have one good Olympic showing and even a bronze would be legendary for him to retire with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yes Dima has pulled out, to prepare for world's. Timo's last makes sense because Tokyo 2020 may be his last night tournament ever and he will want perfect preparation. He must be desperate to have one good Olympic showing and even a bronze would be legendary for him to retire with.

You mean kind of Waldner in Sydney? :)
Or where was it.. 4 years later? Not sure..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Anyways, in Czech championships in the quarters Jančařík beat Prokopcov 4:0, Polanský beat Reitšpies 4:1 so 12:35 Jančařík vs. Polanský first semifinal, Tomáš Konečný beat Husník 4:0 and Širúček beat Tregler 4:0 so the other semifinal Konečný vs. Širúček.
You can watch the matches live here:

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
In the Slovak championships Pištej beat Lelkeš 4:1 in the quarters, Novota beat Valuch in a thriling match 4:2, then Kalužný beat Špánik 4:2 and the last match Šereda beat Illáš 4:1.
So Pištej vs. Novota and Kalužný vs. Šereda.
Too bad that Keinath was disqualified using illegal rubbers on his bat, as he didnt get his bat checked before the match R32 and they found out after match, so instead of clean win 4:0 for him, he lost W.O. .. bummer not to check the rubbers, such an unprofessional mistake..

Anyways, matches will go on here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-GUnurLU3GCt-tMD9ezQng

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
In the German nationals Timo beat in quarters Benedikt Duda 4:1, he will play Qiu Dang who beat 4:1 Ricardo Walther, Steger beat in a huge figh Kilian Ort, and he will play Franziska, who 4:3 beat Filus, wov..
In the ladies Patricia Solja vs. (Sabine Winter 4:3 Shan Xiaona), and Nina Mittelham vs. Kristin Lang.
I cant find any live stream for Germany, I only found this summary:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
In the German nationals Timo beat in quarters Benedikt Duda 4:1, he will play Qiu Dang who beat 4:1 Ricardo Walther, Steger beat in a huge figh Kilian Ort, and he will play Franziska, who 4:3 beat Filus, wov..
In the ladies Patricia Solja vs. (Sabine Winter 4:3 Shan Xiaona), and Nina Mittelham vs. Kristin Lang.
I cant find any live stream for Germany, I only found this summary:

Man, that match between Franziska and Filus really was exciting.
So many crazy rallies.

TTD thread
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20415-German-National-Championships-2019

Livestream
https://tischtennis-deutschland.tv/...sterschaft-2019-halbfinalspiele?autoplay=true

Live Scoring.

https://www.tischtennis.de/mkttonline.html?mkttid=1e46771b

Another Live-ticker

https://www.mytischtennis.de/public...ter--der-tag-der-entscheidungen-im-ueberblick

Website of the event:
http://www.ndm2019.de

Right now the men's doubles semifinals have started between

Benedikt Duda/Dang Qiu vs Erik Botroff/Alexander Flemming

While on the other table the two Walther brothers will be facing each other once again.
Patrick Franziska/Ricardo Walther vs Robin Malessa/Gianluca Walther

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
The Dutch national championships are also being played. Today sees the finals, livestreamed on https://youtu.be/sN6bdk6pmrU .

I was there yesterday, a day on which the national TT organisation also got together for presentations, workshops and meetups. Bettine Vriesekoop was there, pitching a health programme for people of age, and she always inspires (but I don’t think she recognized me, unsurprising with about 40 years passing since we shared the training table).

Got to see some of the preliminaries too in singles, doubles, and saw the mixed final, won (again) by Rajko Gommers/Kim Vermaas in match with good peak moments but a consistent ultrahigh level. But that’s the mixed for you.

I’ve seen a fee matches today, and am enjoying the good moments, especially in matches where defenders play in the later tournament stages (and get taken out by strong and consistent attackers).

The Magnificent 12 it is not, but still a joy to watch.

Now watching Tali Cohen vs. Kim Vermaas, ladies’ semifinal. Tali Cohen has the fire and the zeal, Kim Vermaas being favourite by ranking. Liking it so far.

Last edited:
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
The winner of our National Championship is currently ITTF 387, the guy on second place is ITTF 250.
Our club pros best is 13th place.
Have a long way to go.

Yes, that's about it for the NL players too. Champion is world #216, runner op #150. There's one at #153 too. The tiny country of Luxembourg is doing better, in comparison.

Belgium has 15 players in that list, in contrast, with 3 top 100 players. France has 33, with 4 top 100 players; Germany has 17, with 7 of them top 100. Ah well, all creatures great and small...

Yes, that's about it for the NL players too. Champion is world #216, runner op #150. There's one at #153 too. The tiny country of Luxembourg is doing better, in comparison.

Belgium has 15 players in that list, in contrast, with 3 top 100 players. France has 33, with 4 top 100 players; Germany has 17, with 7 of them top 100. Ah well, all creatures great and small...

Yes, its like this.
I've discussed similar figures and observations in the thread about the chinese dominane.
I'm just not very happy with the last few years performance of my club pros in the premiere league, though a 13th place on the NC of the guy, who is of national rank about 50 is good. Hope we'll go better especially with the youngsters.