Experimenting with Chinese hard blades with soft rubbers

This user has no status.
Hi folks, I'm experimenting with different setups and would be more than happy knowing your suggestions.
I own some blades with different rubbers and now I want to try with a harder/speedier Chinese blade with soft rubbers. My main setup is a Stiga Infinity with Yasaka Rakza 7 2.0 on fh and Donic Bluefiere M2 2.0 on bh, but I wanted to try the Sanwei Fextra blade and Xiom rubbers (Vega Pro 2.0 on fh and Vega Europa 2.0 on bh) and surprisingly the Fextra setup fits better my playing style (somewhere between All+ and Off).
I have a Yasaka Mark V HPS SOFT rubber which is almost new and want to use it for this test. I don't know yet which rubber to buy for my bh, maybe something like the ones I said before but slightly softer from a good Chinese brand. About the blade I was thinking off acquiring a cheap but good quality one for this purpose, of the following brands, but I still not know what model:

- Galaxy/Yinhe
- Sanwei
- XVT
- Huaruite

And for the bh rubber... I don't know. But the setup has to be hard/speedy and light blade with spinny soft rubbers and I don't want to spend too much money ;)

Any suggestions? Many thx.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
why do you want to try something else? what do you not like with your current setup?

I think that if you want to test how a blade behaves you should try to test it with the same rubbers. Or atleast with rubbers that are somewhat similar to eachother. I think the rubbers you mention have built in speed effect but not MarkV.

If you want to try rubbers, i think you should try them on the same blade, or a similar one.

Hard to know how something feels i think if you change everything, since it is hard to know if the difference is from the rubber or the blade.

This user has no status.
why do you want to try something else? what do you not like with your current setup?

I think that if you want to test how a blade behaves you should try to test it with the same rubbers. Or atleast with rubbers that are somewhat similar to eachother. I think the rubbers you mention have built in speed effect but not MarkV.

If you want to try rubbers, i think you should try them on the same blade, or a similar one.

Hard to know how something feels i think if you change everything, since it is hard to know if the difference is from the rubber or the blade.

Hi Lula, first of all thanks for posting. I tested my Stiga Infinity with the Yasaka HPS soft rubber and felt something was missing. That's why I want to try with a harder blade. No matter about the bh rubber, I read yesterday a LKT PRO would fit pretty well on a hard carbon blade. And... I have one :) So now I'm just looking for the blade. An yes, both XVEGA rubbers are Tensors.

This user has no status.
If you want EJing it's ok, but try with the rubbers that you are used to, i mean your actual rubbers, then you'll realise what difference are between blades,

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Hi dominus7, thanks for your post. I just want to give a second chance to the rubbers, especially to the HPS soft. So I don't mind spending 20 € on a cheap but decent blade at AliExpress...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
XVT do a Dragon design ALC bat (copy of early ZJK blade) which works well with Mk V soft (Not HPS with which I don't have experience). They also make a similar blade called ALC Wheel.

The best clone Viscaria IMO is the Yinhe V14 Pro Anniversary Edition, but that is twice the price and a little on the heavy side..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Btw a club partner is playing with infinity vps and he uses Yasaka mark V HPS and M2, and their killshots are deadly, very fast and spinny, he's the lefty one which causes many troubles in every rally, since the services till the loops are with good quality, may be that could fit, just as advice, the setup has many gears.