Hard European topspin rubber

i don't know what your level is but going to H3 to any european hard sponge will require a slight change in technique, and depending on the throw of the rubber regardless how hard it is... it will impact your swing speed. People have given you good options some are low throw and range up to mid- throw...I would first recommend going to the slightly sticky Tibhar K series such as K1 pro or regular...K1 pro is my first choice for you untuned... or if you want just do one heavy layer of tuning for it
Non sticky i would also recommend mx-s, mx-p or rasanter 50, rhyzer 50, omega 7, gewo KR, 05 hard, but with 1-2 layers of tuner/booster
did you tune your H3?

Omega 7 boosted would be absolutely hilarious

logical if you marry the omega 7 with an allround 5ply wood blade...but then again it depends on the level of play

I have bossted old Omega5Tour on Rossi emotion and old Omega5Asia on 7W+4carbon Palo V1 and I like the second more.
Will boost Omega 7 Asia when old, but I would never boost new Omega tensors.

logical if you marry the omega 7 with an allround 5ply wood blade...but then again it depends on the level of play

I asume that Hugo's Omega 7 Tour is tuned more and differently than the regular one, but its a factory tuning.
Additional home tuning of new Omega rubbers is a different thing and I don't think its appropriate. These rubbers are absolutely fit as they are. If you tune them as new, you'll get a very different rubber. What would you want more from these rubbers - they have more than enough spin, speed and corresponding control.
Of course everyone may do what he wants, especially those with Hugo's level.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Thank you guys for your input.
The info about MX-S kinda behaves like Chinese rubber without being one helped me alot, as well as VP being more catapulty and G-1 being "all you can play" rubber at a very high end level.
I can second last thing after switching baracuda to G1, I consider baracuda as a really great Allround spinny rubber thus playing long time. The switch to g1 was great cause I got more speed slighter lower throw but near the same characteristics as baracuda thus a real upgrade to baracuda.
I guess I'm gonna give MX-S a try on my forehand as I do like attacking first underpin ball most thus making most points with it.
Also thanks to all contributors. I know there are alot of great stuff but I don't want spend that money but buy the special property I'm looking for. The H3N I didn't tuned. I mostly hated the sticky property which got dusted with each set as well as great spin ability but being real slow. At that time I tried R50 and With R50 I put the same power, got out the same spin but alot more speed. That was the reason I decided to switch to tensor and found with baracuda a good Allround rubber for me.

I find it quite entertaining that the usual (sponsored?) Xiom fanboys are recommending Asia when the OP clearly stated that he didn’t want a tacky rubber.

Can you explain which Asia you have in mind?
Do you know how many different Asia there are in different Xiom rubber lines?
And which are tacky and chinese style?
I know that there are Xiom sponsored guyes here, I'm not one.

I have no clue about all Xiom Asia rubbers but the ones that I’ve tried are semi tacky like most hybrid rubbers = a pretty bad recommendation if the OP doesn’t like tackiness.

Wrong!
There are No tacky Xiom Asia rubbers, no Xiom Asia hybrid.
In fact Xiom Asia rubbers are so non-tacky, that compared to them BTY T05 should be considered as the most tacky rubber.

This thread is going more than funny and unclear what exactly the question is about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
As a Vega Pro user who would appreciate the added linearity and supposedly extra spin this would be worth a test in the off season? Is it the same speed or a tiny bit slower? Same throw?

Yes. You can always switch back if you don't like it. They are the same general class of rubber.

Extra spin is subjective. I honestly do not like the way Vega Pro feels when I brush loop. I think (and you can Google tt-spin and see his reviews) that they are essentially the same level of rubber but that some players will just naturally prefer one over the other, and that t can't be an accident that G1 is the best selling rubber in Japan.

The linearity and feeling helps make my game effort more logical. I just feel with Vega Pro that there is a gap between the slow and the fast gear qnd I don't feel that gap with G1.

Reactions: FruitLoop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Ok. I bow down to the collected competence but it’s just that doing this type of hidden advertising is a criminal offense in my country when not being open about the fact that you’re funded via either goods or money. I think that this wrecks this forum way more tha EJs offering (sometimes) incorrect advice. The answer can’t always be that Stiga Nostalgic and Xiom Vega Pro is always the answer.

Ok. I bow down to the collected competence but it’s just that doing this type of hidden advertising is a criminal offense in my country when not being open about the fact that you’re funded via either goods or money. I think that this wrecks this forum way more tha EJs offering (sometimes) incorrect advice. The answer can’t always be that Stiga Nostalgic and Xiom Vega Pro is always the answer.

I'm not sponsored by Xiom in any way.
I don't think that I'm hyper enthusiastic about Xiom.
Often I use to recomend other brands when I feel they are more appropriate.
The reason that sometimes, when appropriate, I recomend Xiom stuff, is because I'm most familiar with it.
I don't think that correcting some wrong errors about a product should be considered as enthusiasm.
I believe that it would be much better if the participants in a discussion give advices and atitude to stuff they are really familiar with.

This user has no status.

I think you sound like a conspiracy nut, I haven't seen anyone always suggest the same things. Some things are very popular. There's a reason about 5 rubbers are 90% of the answers and it's not shilling.

Great stuff. I will keep seeing the pattern for myself then. Xiom anything and Stiga whatever being recommended by two forum members to whatever the question is.

You've missed Butterfly above them all - definitelly 70%+
Tibhar, Donic, Yasaka, Joola are very well presented too, even Palio and Yinhe.
Off course Ak-47 is not suitable for this thread, but it has a good life in the forum.
There is nothing strange that people Usually discusse stuff they are familiar with, and because of that reason the advices would always follow the statistical representation of the brands.
But when someone is discussing and evaluating stuff he is not familiar with, then its a problem.

This user has no status.
All I can say that I truly loved playing MX-S. In the beginning I had a hard time adapting to it as it requires you to play with good footwork and full commitment to your strokes. Also the throw seemed pretty low to me. When I got used to it however, the ease with which I could dominate using spinny serves and third ball attacks was insane. I rarely saw my loops returning. When playing against better opponents however I struggled in the longer rallies and in regaining the initiative when it was with the opponent. Probably due to my bad footwork.

Xiom Omega V Asia I hated by the way. The hard topsheet made it more difficult to loop heavy backspin. I also had a lot of balls overshooting the table. Blocking and countering topspins was nice though, but that's not how I prefer to play the game.