Hard European topspin rubber

NDH

says Spin to win!
So the major difference is 05H has better control & touch pushing ?

Yeah, I find the touch better on serve return and short pushes, and I much prefer it in the counter top spin loop game.

But it there really isn’t that much in it (not as much as most people expect anyway).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
It may be worth to have a look at Victas V15 Extra. I was talking to one of the elite cadets in our club and he had just transitioned from T05 and was finding it brilliant (he’s sponsored by them so that answer was kind of obvious). I just did a bounce test with his blade and it seemed extremely hard. Nothing for me but I guess that it’s In the category of rubbers that you’re looking at.

It’s 47,5 degrees (-+3) according to the Victas web site.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I still use T25. It is old, over 6 years and counting. T25 uses the same sponge as T05 but the bigger pips resist the top sheet from sinking into the sponge a little more. I tried MX-S. I thought it was a little dead and the rubber shrank on my paddle.

I think the whole hardness scale method of measuring rubber is bogus. The ball does not sink into the rubber at a point. I think every one has seen the dust spot of where the ball hits the rubber. That is roughly about 1 cm^2. The rubbers should be tested consistently by applying a force necessary to compress the rubber 0.5mm. Compressing the rubber more, 1mm, would be better but then it becomes impossible to measure a 1mm sponge. There would be consistency and a number, a spring constant, that could be used in simulation. The shore scale numbers don't have units.