What is the max rubber thickness of Xiom Rubbers?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Depends on the topsheet thickness, indeed. The new Omega VII series has a slightly thinner topsheet (1.7mm) than the previous generations (1.8mm). Maximum for sponge+topsheet is 4mm, leaving a maximum of 2.3 for the VII and 2.2 for the rest.

(In the "das war einmal" genre, we used to be able to get Mark V and Sriver at 2.5mm, I think I remember. Is my memory playing tricks on me? Or is that 4.0mm limit fairly recent?)

Last edited:
Reactions: hazzaa96
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
(In the "das war einmal" genre, we used to be able to get Mark V and Sriver at 2.5mm, I think I remember. Is my memory playing tricks on me? Or is that 4.0mm limit fairly recent?)

Don´t think it is, and I remember the 2,5 mm as you do. But back in the days, wasn´t it 1,0/1,5/2,0/2,5? Then, 1,5 theoretically covered a span between say 1,26 to 1,74 so it surely helped to introduce 1,3/1,7,2,1 mm categories.

In my practice I've always ordered a set of red+black of a kind. Usually both rubbers are of equal thickness. It may sound strange but in the rare cases they are of slightly different thickness its always the black that is thicker.
And I've found that the softer rubbers have greater and more often deviations, can't say the reason, but asume that they are more sensitive to storage and age.