Top 10 male players over the years

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hey guys! I don't know if you've already watched this video, but I wanted to share it with you!
This channel named "Random Stats" posted this video of the top 10 male players over the years (from 2001 to 2019), which I thought was really cool!

Timo was there since the beginning (of the video) and is still on the top after that many years! Truly impressive!!

Check it out!

(lol Zhang Jike's picture)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yes, impressive in many ways. Insightful, too; watching it, I have a few takeaways. First, watch it while keeping an eye out for Timo Boll and Vladimir Samsonov, and also Joo Saehyuk. It's not just peak height, but also peak breadth that determines a mountain's dominance. Second, it's amazing how narrow, relatively speaking, ZJK's high peak was. Especially when comparied to Wang Liqin, Wang Hao, Ma Long. The third is an extrapolation, wich

I'd like such a visualization ranging a bit longer back in time. It would then cover the time of Swedish dominance (many seem to think Chinese dominance started at the dawn of time and will automatically perpetuate, but it was never so in the first place, never entirely unchallenged and broken more than once, even recently), and the peaks of Gatien, Saive, Schlager and so on too.

Hey OP, where's this "Random Stats" channel to be found? I'd like to find out how this visualisation was created. :)

[Edit: found it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_v5wkHp9e7L4S6hiH1AoxQ/featured, but there's no documentation of data collection, processing, visualization methodology and no contact there. Par for the course on youtube, but disappointing for a closet datascientist like me.]

Last edited: