Jan Waldner

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Both blade and rubbers where from Banda (a sub brand to Stiga). Stiga went bankrupt in the early 90ies so the players like J-O, Appelgren and Persson jumped ship to Donic. I believe (but could be wrong) that the rubber was called Coppa and that Donic bought the rights to the name.

Yes Coppa after that he switched to Waldner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Both blade and rubbers where from Banda (a sub brand to Stiga). Stiga went bankrupt in the early 90ies so the players like J-O, Appelgren and Persson jumped ship to Donic. I believe (but could be wrong) that the rubber was called Coppa and that Donic bought the rights to the name.

Almost.
[Emoji6]

Afaik STIGA didn't went bankrupt to this day. Hahaha
[Emoji2]
Guess you must have meant Banda.

From my Information the rights for the Banda Coppa rubber went to a company named SKITT, but after a while they also went out of business and Donic took over the rights to use that name and made a whole bunch of varieties of it. Some versions were pretty popular and actually still are, given that this rubber is still around nowadays, but many people say it just isn't the same as before.

Yes Coppa after that he switched to Waldner.

Depends how you define 'prime', but he's played many different rubbers, even was seen with T05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Almost.
[Emoji6]

Afaik STIGA didn't went bankrupt to this day. Hahaha
[Emoji2]
Guess you must have meant Banda.

I guess it's semantics. Stiga TT along with Banda were brands owned by the Bandstigen family. The Bandstigen family business went bankrupt sometime in the early 90ies.

Here's an article about the restart of Stiga as a new company:
https://www.dn.se/arkiv/sport/stiga-ateruppstar/

Reactions: Suga D