Joola Golden Tango and Tango PS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
By the way, just tried Golden Tango PS vs the new tacky hybrid Rakza Z, maybe somebody will find this useful. Rakza Z feels quite close in hardness to the GTPS, but the arc of the Rakza Z is significantly higher and it's much easier to lift the ball on the topspin vs backspin - does not require as much brushing and provides some catapult.

How do they compare in perceived hardness (not hardness rating)? Which is easier to handle in general?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Both feel very very similar in hardness, maybe Tango PS feels a hair softer on some shots, e. g. faster topsin or harder block. Rakza Z feels more alive, a little more bouncy but with superb short game control. Tango PS is a touch stickier, but it's easier to lift the ball with the Rakza Z.

How do they compare in perceived hardness (not hardness rating)? Which is easier to handle in general?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Both feel very very similar in hardness, maybe Tango PS feels a hair softer on some shots, e. g. faster topsin or harder block. Rakza Z feels more alive, a little more bouncy but with superb short game control. Tango PS is a touch stickier, but it's easier to lift the ball with the Rakza Z.
thanks for the comparision, its really helpfully actually

After 8 hours of training I found Joola Golden Tango PS unusable on FH. It's a decent BH rubber though if someone really wants a semi tacky rubber :| I couldn't adapt to rubber softness.

If that's an issue, add a layer of concrete paste next time you re gluing a FH rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Okay cool, I'm looking for a medium Hard sponge like 'cj8000 36-38' degrees (But it's really medium hard). There was a used 'fx-p' rubber on a borrowing racket in the club. I squeezed it and it seemed just slightly softer than 'cj8000 36-38'. So if 'FX-S' is slightly harder, then I guess it's a match ;)

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
How does the GT compare to a boosted hurricane 3 provincial. I use 2 layers of falcon.

Hi,

I have boosted H3 provincial but 37 degrees, boosted 2 layers glue plus 2 layers Seamoon. GT unboosted feels harder, less catapult, speed seems slower (I use it on BH) spin for both are comparable, I did try the GT on forehand and it’s just as fast as the H3, which contradicts when I said ‘speed seems slower’ but the FH is a different kettle of fish!! GT hard sponge is engaged more as you can impart more power on the FH side, then the rubber becomes faster and has a good amount of gears.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
GT PS is listed as 50 degree on the Joola online shop, (shore O) which is close to 35 degrees Shore A
GT is listed as 54 degree, about 41 degrees shore A

have you checked the GT sponge?
35 I would guess is less then 50. My durometer shore O will arrive next week.

Haggisv measured Golden Tango PS and its 55 Shore O according to him.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
If he measured GT PS at 55 shore O then definitely shitty quality control !!!!

Not really. Vega China is marketed at 55 and measures 60. ESN just don't use Shore O. One of users here posted they might use asker scale or something like this. That's why I usually relate to it as ESN scale. Also there is some degree of variance between sponges. It won't be exactly that number.

That's why I bought both Shore O and Shore A durometer, to test what hardness my rubber actually have. Aliexpress sellers prepare for disputes, lolz XD

I am going also write a short article about actual hardnesses. I collected a lot of pieces of rubbers, I wonder what am I going to discover.

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66 and nymose
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
I have a Shore O durometer. I am pretty sure I measured Golden Tango PS at around 50° (I can't find my notes at the moment to confirm)

For reference, I normally get a reading close to, or a degree higher than the ESN quoted hardness, which would suggest the sheet I had was 49/50° ESN

Edit: it was 50°, I wrote about it the the third post on this thread: Tibhar-Hybrid-K1-European-Version

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have a Shore O durometer. I am pretty sure I measured Golden Tango PS at around 50° (I can't find my notes at the moment to confirm)

For reference, I normally get a reading close to, or a degree higher than the ESN quoted hardness, which would suggest the sheet I had was 49/50° ESN

Edit: it was 50°, I wrote about it the the third post on this thread: Tibhar-Hybrid-K1-European-Version

which is as listed by joola, there’s definitely variances but 5 degrees seems a little wide of the mark for me!! That’s a big difference!!