Joola Rhyzer 50

says Thank you for the great info! I really appreciate it!!!
Jul 2019
It’s uncommon to use tacky rubber (GT) on backhand. Some people like it though. Only makes sense if you like to brush the ball a lot when backhanding.

What's your playing style and skill level?
I'd say I'm early intermediate. I do like to use a lot of wrist movement when I play bh to give it extra spin. I recently switched one of my DOubleFish rubbers, QIJI, which has tackiness and on the harder side to my bh and I like it and using 8338, which is not tacky on fh. Sometimes I take classes with Chinese coach and he told me that my rubbers are not spiny enough and recommended Joola, which I can get at discount at the club. I tried Golden Tango (incredible spin but way too hard for me) and I'm thinking GT PS (2mm) for bh. I also tried Rhyzer pro 50 and liked it a lot as very linear and seems like controllable but I'm thinking of Pro 45 (2mm) for fh. Advise is appreciated!

This user has no status.
I'd say I'm early intermediate. I do like to use a lot of wrist movement when I play bh to give it extra spin. I recently switched one of my DOubleFish rubbers, QIJI, which has tackiness and on the harder side to my bh and I like it and using 8338, which is not tacky on fh. Sometimes I take classes with Chinese coach and he told me that my rubbers are not spiny enough and recommended Joola, which I can get at discount at the club. I tried Golden Tango (incredible spin but way too hard for me) and I'm thinking GT PS (2mm) for bh. I also tried Rhyzer pro 50 and liked it a lot as very linear and seems like controllable but I'm thinking of Pro 45 (2mm) for fh. Advise is appreciated!

My typical recommended backhand rubbers for intermediate level two wing looper is Tibhar Evolution EL-S (45 degree) or FX-S (42 degree). (Depending on if someone prefers a medium or medium soft sponge). I liked EL-S as a backhand rubber.

I'm currently using using Rhyzer 43 on backhand and it's faster than the Evolution rubber. Maybe get 2.0 thickness if you have a fast blade or you aren't getting enough backhand consistency. R43 is relatively easy to loop back spin with (using backhand).

Pro 45 topsheet is less forgiving. I would avoid it on backhand if you are "early intermediate".

JOOLA club discounts usually suck. Buy from Aliexpress or Dandoy Sports.

Jul 2019
My typical recommended backhand rubbers for intermediate level two wing looper is Tibhar Evolution EL-S (45 degree) or FX-S (42 degree). (Depending on if someone prefers a medium or medium soft sponge). I liked EL-S as a backhand rubber.

I'm currently using using Rhyzer 43 on backhand and it's faster than the Evolution rubber. Maybe get 2.0 thickness if you have a fast blade or you aren't getting enough backhand consistency. R43 is relatively easy to loop back spin with (using backhand).

Pro 45 topsheet is less forgiving. I would avoid it on backhand if you are "early intermediate".

JOOLA club discounts usually suck. Buy from Aliexpress or Dandoy Sports.
Thank you very much for your advise, I will look into it, I actually might be able to get Joola rubbers close to Wholesale price, that is why I want Joola. I have Donic Appelgren Allplay, which is ALL blade. Pro 45 2mm would be for forehand ( I really liked directness of Pro 50 but it would be too much for me). I tried rhyzer 48 but couldn't control because of bounce, that's why I don't want 43 on BH. I tought about Golden Tango PS 2 mm since I do like to use my wrist for extra spin just my concern is it might be too sensitive to incoming spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
I'm playing with the pro 50 on my forehand for 3 weeks now.
Before that I was playing with tenergy 80 on both sides. As an All-rounder I have to vary the spin. But throw angle should be medium.
T80 is just great for me but it's expensive and I can buy two pro 50 instead of one T80. That's why I'm trying to find something else.
Pro 50 has a thin but relatively firm topsheet with firm and lively sponge.
It's not springy as T80, it's not spinny as T80 but spinny enough.
Thin topsheet plus firm sponge means it does not have a crisp feeling. But as time goes by you get use to it.

It's not that spin sensitive but it's not like a donic bluefire or calibra type of rubber. There is a bit response but I would love to get a bit more sensitivity because I like to use my opponents spin against him/her.

Pro 50 is fast if you engage the sponge. I use a lot of wrist so it's not a problem for me. It's not as fast as xiom omega 7, gewo pro 50 el or stiga platinum stuff and throw angle is medium so it's predictable. T80 was better if you need to kill the ball.

All of these things sounds bad but it's spinnier than most of the esn stuff like platinum, bluestorm bluefire bla bla... And there is not much downside. it's a good rubber and it does its job. So I'm keeping it.

By the way I think it might be really durable because my brushing technique makes a lot of damage to the top sheets at general but pro 50 topsheet looks great after 3 weeks.

Reactions: Armin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
aaannnddddd its discontinued...

so anything close to this great spinny, durable rubber with low throw angle?