Back to Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 192 522
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 522 192
    Quote Originally Posted by YV13
    Would you use Pro 50 (or Pro 45) on FH and GT PS on BH? Thanks!
    It’s uncommon to use tacky rubber (GT) on backhand. Some people like it though. Only makes sense if you like to brush the ball a lot when backhanding.

What's your playing style and skill level?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 29
    Y
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 7
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanY
    It’s uncommon to use tacky rubber (GT) on backhand. Some people like it though. Only makes sense if you like to brush the ball a lot when backhanding.

What's your playing style and skill level?
    I'd say I'm early intermediate. I do like to use a lot of wrist movement when I play bh to give it extra spin. I recently switched one of my DOubleFish rubbers, QIJI, which has tackiness and on the harder side to my bh and I like it and using 8338, which is not tacky on fh. Sometimes I take classes with Chinese coach and he told me that my rubbers are not spiny enough and recommended Joola, which I can get at discount at the club. I tried Golden Tango (incredible spin but way too hard for me) and I'm thinking GT PS (2mm) for bh. I also tried Rhyzer pro 50 and liked it a lot as very linear and seems like controllable but I'm thinking of Pro 45 (2mm) for fh. Advise is appreciated!

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 192 522
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 522 192
    Quote Originally Posted by YV13
    I'd say I'm early intermediate. I do like to use a lot of wrist movement when I play bh to give it extra spin. I recently switched one of my DOubleFish rubbers, QIJI, which has tackiness and on the harder side to my bh and I like it and using 8338, which is not tacky on fh. Sometimes I take classes with Chinese coach and he told me that my rubbers are not spiny enough and recommended Joola, which I can get at discount at the club. I tried Golden Tango (incredible spin but way too hard for me) and I'm thinking GT PS (2mm) for bh. I also tried Rhyzer pro 50 and liked it a lot as very linear and seems like controllable but I'm thinking of Pro 45 (2mm) for fh. Advise is appreciated!

My typical recommended backhand rubbers for intermediate level two wing looper is Tibhar Evolution EL-S (45 degree) or FX-S (42 degree). (Depending on if someone prefers a medium or medium soft sponge). I liked EL-S as a backhand rubber.

I'm currently using using Rhyzer 43 on backhand and it's faster than the Evolution rubber. Maybe get 2.0 thickness if you have a fast blade or you aren't getting enough backhand consistency. R43 is relatively easy to loop back spin with (using backhand).

Pro 45 topsheet is less forgiving. I would avoid it on backhand if you are "early intermediate".

JOOLA club discounts usually suck. Buy from Aliexpress or Dandoy Sports.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 29
    Y
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 7
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanY
    My typical recommended backhand rubbers for intermediate level two wing looper is Tibhar Evolution EL-S (45 degree) or FX-S (42 degree). (Depending on if someone prefers a medium or medium soft sponge). I liked EL-S as a backhand rubber.

I'm currently using using Rhyzer 43 on backhand and it's faster than the Evolution rubber. Maybe get 2.0 thickness if you have a fast blade or you aren't getting enough backhand consistency. R43 is relatively easy to loop back spin with (using backhand).

Pro 45 topsheet is less forgiving. I would avoid it on backhand if you are "early intermediate".

JOOLA club discounts usually suck. Buy from Aliexpress or Dandoy Sports.
    Thank you very much for your advise, I will look into it, I actually might be able to get Joola rubbers close to Wholesale price, that is why I want Joola. I have Donic Appelgren Allplay, which is ALL blade. Pro 45 2mm would be for forehand ( I really liked directness of Pro 50 but it would be too much for me). I tried rhyzer 48 but couldn't control because of bounce, that's why I don't want 43 on BH. I tought about Golden Tango PS 2 mm since I do like to use my wrist for extra spin just my concern is it might be too sensitive to incoming spin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123