This user has no status.
Hi folks. I asked in other thread for affordable fast/hard Chinese blades to couple them with some soft rubbers that I've here.
I looked also for other options like this two blades. I know both have a completely different wood structure but both are stated as fast Off+ blades, even though Goiabao is slightly harder. Any of you tried these blades? If so, what's about general feeling, performance, weight, etc?
Yinhe/Galaxy Qiu Yike blades and Donic Ovtcharov Carbospeed came also to my mind but I'd like to try preferably with an allwood blade.
Any thoughts? Many thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I had goiabao 5, mixed feelings
I have extreme, I will test someday.
Extreme for me looks like thicker version of korbel
Of course weight more than korbel.

I'm not familiar with the Yasaka Goiabao blade and I can't make a comparison.
About the Xiom Extreme S - its not hard and its not OFF+, but OFF. Mid flex with sensible, but not disturbing vibrations. Good for looping with mid-hard rubbers, mid-soft would be appropriate too, I have some doubts about soft rubbers. What I don't like is its weght - 90-95 gr, and its thickness, but some players prefer exactly this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I use Goiabao 5 since june 2018. It's basically a harder and faster version of Rosewood V with a very good price.

It's a solid OFF blade, very hard and fast close to the table but at mid distance it's still a thin 5 ply allwood blade as it lacks a little bit of power compared to OFF ALC / ZLC blades. My blade weights 88g. I had a second one with the same weight but it was a lot harder compared to my main blade, almost like a different model.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Thank you very much for your post, AMonteiro. What you say about the different hardness in the same blade model is something to bear in mind. So these blades may vary from one to other, if I decide to go for one I'd be lucky or not.
Hmmm...

It's not the first time I have this problem with blades made in Sweden by Woodhouse. I used to play with Avalox P700 from 2007 to 2010. It was hard to find a backup blade. After, the same problem with Cornilleau Gatien Glory, than Joola Black Rose and now with Yasaka Goiabao. I really like swedish blades but they lack quality control most of times at least in my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Mild feeling of extreme is great.
I will make comparison between my favourite andro csv off+ goiabao and extreme.
Weight csv 78 gr goiabao 84 extreme 91
Feeling of blade
E>CSV>G
Topspin forehand
CSV> E>G
Throw
E> CSV >> G
Slow shots
CSV>~G>>E
Flicks
CSV > E> G
flex