New blade with more feeling ? (current is tibhar IV S)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello hello

My friend is not fully happy with his blade and i wanted to advice him something but i'm not sure

He plays with Tibhar IV S and FXP 1.8mm. He's rated around 800 in France and has good strokes but still he finds it a bit too fast. He's a looper that like to play a bit far from the table sometimes and even do lobbing

He was thinking to take another rubber but personally i think it's a good one and it's already not really hard (40°) and very fast. But i think his blade is not the best for him, even if it's not so fast. I think the feeling is not very good with it and maybe it lacks a little bit of dwell time. In short, i think he could play with a limba outer ply blade instead of this one that is a 5ply ayous only

Do you think that changing from ayous outer to a limber outer would change something ? If so what blades do you advice ? I was mainly thinking about Stiga Offensive classic or stiga clipper

Thank you for your help :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
What do kids get nowadays when they start? Why not use the same setup? Get a page from the book of fast learners, if he wants to practice TT properly and progress?

Something allround like Yasaka Sweden or Yasaka Gatien + Mark V, or one of the dozens of similar setups across various brands.

Your friend even tells you that he finds his setup too fast. Why do you think he ends up a bit far from the table and lobbing? He probably doesn't feel confident in his control at the table.

It's not as fun as it sounds to play with too fast a setup. You end up missing shots all the time. You'll play much more aggressive and rip just as many balls or more with a setup that you can control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Yup agree with Azalea, get the off- one.
Azalea, a question of design here but that's the idea

Nittaku Violin is on sale at TT11 this week. It's one of the best blades for control, and it isn't slow either.
For the nittaku, it's a good idea but a bit expensive

What do kids get nowadays when they start? Why not use the same setup? Get a page from the book of fast learners, if he wants to practice TT properly and progress?

Something allround like Yasaka Sweden or Yasaka Gatien + Mark V, or one of the dozens of similar setups across various brands.

Your friend even tells you that he finds his setup too fast. Why do you think he ends up a bit far from the table and lobbing? He probably doesn't feel confident in his control at the table.

It's not as fun as it sounds to play with too fast a setup. You end up missing shots all the time. You'll play much more aggressive and rip just as many balls or more with a setup that you can control.

I agree but he's not really a beginner, he don't miss a lot at all. But indeed Yasaka sweden might be good

In a way his blade is good. I just feel he could have something with more dwell time / feeling so i'm looking for a limba blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If he plays far away from the table he proably want a slower blade there the ball stays longer on the racket and there the arc is a little bit higher. Atleast i think this is how slow blades is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
If he plays far away from the table he proably want a slower blade there the ball stays longer on the racket and there the arc is a little bit higher. Atleast i think this is how slow blades is.

Yes indeed a higher arc could be good. Btw maybe he could achieves that by using FXS instead of FXP ?

What is it that people don't like about Azalea design? I find it such a good looking blade, would love to try one.

Anyways, I heard Korbel is a nice feeling limba outer kinda cheap blade.

I agree it is good looking but it seems to have been designed with a female audience in mind. Especially the all around one have a very colorful flashy logo i find. Btw i'm always surprised to see this blade this much advised when almost every askers dismiss it for the same reason.. I don't mean to be polemic, it seems to be a good blade anyways :)

So right now i'm thinking : Offensive classic or yasaka sweden, Korbel or Clipper, why not also try FXS instead of FXP

Thank you all for your help, and if anyone knows some limba blades around off- or maybe a bit slower it's still welcomed :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
The Waldner Senso Carbon is a limba outer blade with nice feeling and relatively cheap. If he wants more speed in the future just upgrade the rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello,

I still haven't found a good blade for my friend and i might need some other advices :)

He plays Tibhar IV S and he likes my OSP virtuoso Off-, so i was thinking about
- Butterfly Primorac or butterly korbel
- Tibhar samsonov alpha
- Tibhar stratus powerwood

Which one is the closest from OSP virtuoso ? what is your opinion about these blades ? In general i'm looking for a limba 5 ply, not too thick and with good dwell time/feeling

This user has no status.
All are great. Stratus powerwood and Korbel are faster, Primorac and Alpha slower. Never used an OSP but TSPW has the least vibrations and is the fastest. Primorac I would say is the slowest with most vibrations. Can't go wrong with any of those. All limba, flexy and good feeling.

Reactions: Wister