Best rubbers for 5-ply OFF- Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I'd say do not go with Rasanters as they will be quite an upgrade in speed and won't help you develop your strokes.

Vega Euro will be the first best candidate as Vega Euro DF is 37.5 degree soft and Vega Euro is 42 degrees soft

Second best candidate will be Omega IV elite as that is around 40 degree hardness and will be quite an upgrade in speed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Vega euro x 2

I'm agreed with this guy, vega euro is a very good upgrade, a little bit harder, but not so bouncy, very controllable and what you put is what you get, so it will help you to calibrate your strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
At first glance, I don’t think Vega Europe is going to be fast enough for my FH. Sounds perfect for my BH from everything I’m reading.
It could be enough fast to your FH too, I'm using a Jupiter II which is slower than vega euro, at least for me it is enough to rip the ball with confidence

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Btw getting same rubbers on FH and BH you'll save money, how? You can turn rubbers and won't notice big difference, if you realized your rubbers for burned just for one side, the mid to the low face and the upper side is not, by the way you can do the best effort using as FH as BH, that's why I'm using same rubbers now in a blade

Reactions: TheGinjaNinja
This user has no status.
A relative comparison between Hexer Grip and Vega Europe, via Revspin.
Hexer PowerGrip SFX would also be an option but it's not even listed on Revspin yet.

Andro Hexer Grip vs Vega Europe

Speed 8.9 vs 8.9
Spin 9.4 vs 9.1
Control 9.3 vs 9.1
Tackiness .4 vs 2.1
Weight 4.4 vs 3.4
Hardness 5.4 vs 3.0
Gears 8.2 vs 8.2
Throw angle 6.2 vs 4.6
Consistency 9.4 vs 9.4
Durability 8.3 vs 6.9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
A relative comparison between Hexer Grip and Vega Europe, via Revspin.
Hexer PowerGrip SFX would also be an option but it's not even listed on Revspin yet.

Andro Hexer Grip vs Vega Europe

Speed 8.9 vs 8.9
Spin 9.4 vs 9.1
Control 9.3 vs 9.1
Tackiness .4 vs 2.1
Weight 4.4 vs 3.4
Hardness 5.4 vs 3.0
Gears 8.2 vs 8.2
Throw angle 6.2 vs 4.6
Consistency 9.4 vs 9.4
Durability 8.3 vs 6.9
Remember you were playing with vega euro df which is a light rubber, as is vega euro, ultimately is a very known and recommended rubber, if you want a safe choice vega euro, if you want get risk then the hexer grip or rasant grip

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Did I already recommend Rakza 7 Soft?

It plays like Tenergy05 if you don't have the physical power to bring the high end power and spin out of T05.
Same high arc, same ridiculous spin, but without the top end.

I think if you love soft rubbers for this reason (namely no physical power and perfect stroke), then Rakza7 Soft is the best I've played. It was my rubber of choice before dabbling (happily) in chinese rubbers for a couple of years and then moving on to T05, simply adding more physical workouts as I grew more into TT.

However if your wood blade is a thick one, it may get very springy very easily, so you absolutely have to always play some sort of positive stroke. However, to counterbalance this, even a tiny positive stroke will immediately offset the springiness and give you a ton of spin and good speed with a high arc.
But then again, you may already be used to this if you used soft rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Did I already recommend Rakza 7 Soft?

It plays like Tenergy05 if you don't have the physical power to bring the high end power and spin out of T05.
Same high arc, same ridiculous spin, but without the top end.

I think if you love soft rubbers for this reason (namely no physical power and perfect stroke), then Rakza7 Soft is the best I've played. It was my rubber of choice before dabbling (happily) in chinese rubbers for a couple of years and then moving on to T05, simply adding more physical workouts as I grew more into TT.

However if your wood blade is a thick one, it may get very springy very easily, so you absolutely have to always play some sort of positive stroke. However, to counterbalance this, even a tiny positive stroke will immediately offset the springiness and give you a ton of spin and good speed.
But then again, you may already be used to this if you used soft rubbers.

I was also about to propose rakza 7 soft (but you seemed to be already decided finally :))
I played it with virtuoso off- and indeed it's very nice, good speed but still very good control, easy to spin

Reactions: Lightzy
This user has no status.
I still haven't bought yet, but I think I'm going to wait until some more people review the Andro Hexer Power Grip SFX.

Right now I'm leaning towards Andro Hexer Grip on both sides.

Rakza 7 Soft seems like it might be too slow though the light weigh is nice.
Rakza 7 might be too heavy.

Still considering Vega Europe. Between that and Andro Hexer Grip right now. They all seem like good rubbers. I don't think I'll go wrong.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yeah a regular medium rubber is probably a great choice.
I don't think that there's significant difference between vega europe and rakza7 soft though, in fact I think rakza 7 soft is a bit faster and spinnier, but vega japan is definitely faster and punchier and only a bit harder.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Basically, my desire has changed. I want to take a bigger step up in terms of hardness.

Vega Pro is a step-up in hardness from Vega Europe (I love it as an all-around rubber). I find Rakza 7 to feel a little harder than Vega Pro, and a small step up in terms of spin sensitivity over Vega Pro. If you want a step beyond that, Fastarc G1 feels quite hard to me with similar properties to Rakza 7.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yeah rakza7 (not soft) is a very hard feeling rubber with too low an arc and not easy to play. The vegs pro feels softer and easier with a higher arc.
And tenergy05 is notably better than all of those as it has all their strengths and none of the weaknesses with additional spin on top.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Any experience on Baracuda? I use a blade of my friend with Baracuda and found it quite spiny and fast compared to Vega Euro but that is only based on my 5-minute experience.

I am using Vega Euro (non DF) as BH and it is very soft.

How would you compare Baracuda and Vega Pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
As someone here pointed out, the hive mind of Revspin is quite useful for a relative comparison between rubbers.

Below is my updated comparison list of some of the features of rubbers I’ve been researching (including Barracuda). If they’re listed below, btw, they already have SPIN and CONTROL levels that I like for the most part.

SPEED
Omega VII Asia 9.5
Andro Hexer Powergrip 9.4
Tenergy 05 9.3
Stiga Calibra LT 9.3
Xiom Vega Pro 9.2
Andro Rasanter 42 9.2
Xiom Omega VII Pro 9.2
Rakza 7 9.1
Vega Japan 9.1
Omega V Euro (df?) 9.1
Nittaku Fastarc G1 9.1
Omega VII Euro 9.1
Xiom Vega Asia DF 9.0
Tibhar Evolution EL-S 8.9
Xiom Vega Europe 8.9
Andro Hexer Grip 8.8
Donic Barracuda 8.7
Nittaku Fast arc c1 8.7
Rakza 7 Soft 8.6
Xiom Vega Euro DF 8.4
Donic Bluefire M3 8.4

WEIGHT
Tenergy 05 6.7
Tibhar Evolution EL-S 6.1
Stiga Calibra LT 5.8
Xiom Vega Pro 5.6
Andro Hexer Power Grip 5.6
Donic Barracuda 5.5
Nittaku Fastarc G1 5.5
Omega V Euro 5.4
Donic Bluefire M3 5.4
Omega VII Asia 5.0
Rakza 7 5.0
Vega Japan 5.0
Andro Hexer Grip 4.4
Omega VII PRO 4.2
Xiom Vega Asia DF 4.0
Nittaku Fastarc C-1 4.0
Rakza 7 Soft 3.7
Andro Rasanter 42 3.6
Omega VII Euro 3.6
Xiom Vega Europe 3.4
Xiom Vega Euro DF 2.4

HARDNESS
Omega VII Asia 8.5
Stiga Calibra LT 7.3
Xiom Vega Pro 7.0
Nittaku Fastarc g1 6.6
Andro Hexer Powergrip 6.4
Tenergy 05 6.3
Tibhar Evolution EL-S 6.1
Rakza 7 6.1
Omega V Euro 5.4
Andro Hexer Grip 5.4
Vega Japan 5.4
Donic Barracuda 4.5
Omega VII Pro 4.5
Xiom Vega Asia DF 4.3
Andro Rasanter 42 4.2
Nittaku Fastarc c1 4.2
Omega VII Euro 4.0
Donic Bluefire M3 3.1
Xiom Vega Europe 3.0
Rakza 7 Soft 2.6
Xiom Vega Euro DF 2.2

THROW ANGLE
Tenergy 05 7.5
Donic Bluefire M3 7.4
Donic Barracuda 7.2
Stiga Calibra LT 6.5
Andro Rasanter R42 6.3
Nittaku fastarc g1 6.3
Vega Euro DF 6.3
Omega VII Euro 6.3
Andro Hexer Grip 6.2
Omega V Euro 5.9
Xiom Vega Pro 5.8
Andro Hexer PowerGrip 5.6
Tibhar Evolution EL-S 5.6
Rakza 7 5.6
Rakza 7 Soft 5.6
Omega VII Pro 5.4
Xiom Vega Asia DF 5.3
Nittaku Fastarc C1 5.2
Vega Japan 4.7
Xiom Vega Europe 4.5
Omega VII Asia 4.0

Durability
Nittaku fastarc g1 8.9
Xiom Vega Euro DF 8.5
Andro Hexer Grip 8.3
Andro Hexer Powergrip 8.1
Omega V Euro 8.1
Tenergy 05 8.0
Andro Rasanter R42 7.9
Donic Bluefire M3 7.9
Rakza 7 7.9
Xiom Vega Pro 7.7
Rakza 7 Soft 7.6
Vega Japan 7.6
Donic Barracuda 7.6
Nittaku Fastarc C-1 7.3
Xiom Vega Asia DF 7.0
Xiom Vega Europe 6.9
Omega VII Pro 6.1

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
I have the same blade (virtuoso off-). I have been using vega europe for bh for probably 2 years, it is good with excellent control but I always felt it was too soft, I am moving to bluefire m3, not a drastic change but it feels better with the same control and more spin.

On the fh I used tibhar aurus soft for a year, i liked it because it is very linear with good speed and control, and easy to use on the short game too maybe it lacked a little on the spin department.

I am now using nittaku c1 it plays very similar to the aurus soft, it is more dynamic and easier to lift backspin.

I have tried in the past vega pro and vega japan, but felt that pro was too hard and very unforgiven with your movement and technique. japan was too bouncy with a lot of catapult for me, what I am using now is easier to play and more forgiving than both of these rubbers.

good luck with the search

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk