Best rubbers for 5-ply OFF- Blade

This user has no status.
I have an OFF- blade (Virtuoso) currently with Xiom Vega Euro DF. Offensive player.

I’ve enjoyed the combo (many thanks to recommendations here) but would like to go a bit faster now.

Any rubber recommendations for a low-intermediate player ready to speed up a OFF- wood blade?

Rasant 42? Rasant 47? (Those Rasants are nice and light like my Vega Euro. )
Fast Arc G-1?
Rakza 7? Tibhar EL-S? Omega VII Euro?

Last edited:
I have an OFF- blade (Virtuoso) currently with Xiom Vega Euro DF. Offensive player.

I’ve enjoyed the combo (many thanks to recommendations here) but would like to go a bit faster now.

Any rubber recommendations for a low-intermediate player ready to speed up a OFF- wood blade?

Rasant 42? Rasant 47? (Those Rasants are nice and light like my Vega Euro. )
Fast Arc G-1?
Rakza 7? Tibhar EL-S? Omega VII Euro?

If you are used to this setup and you feel good with it and you need a bit more speed, Vega Asia DF or Vega Pro
would be a logical choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I also play with virtuoso off- and i have used with
- Rakza 7 : I found it too fast, after having played with rakza 7 soft for a while
- H3N : Good but didn't liked a lot
- Rasanter R42 : I find it works well together and i played 2 sheets of it for my FH. But i will stop using it because i find it lose his gripness too fast
- Mantra S : I played it on my BH and i'm about to put it also on my FH. It works well for me

In short 45/47° was a too big gap for me and something like 42° was nice

This user has no status.
Thanks for all the replies!

After researching your recommendations, I am considering:

Xiom Vega Pro (concerned it might be a little advanced for me)
Rasanter 42 (I like everything I've read about it and agree the 47 would be too much for me)
Andro Hexer Grip (or maybe the Power Grip?)

for others:
Sigma 2 Europe is too pricey for me. Read it doesn't last long.
Vega Asia DF - maybe, but people complain about its low throw.
Stiga Mantra S - i'd like to read more positive reviews

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Ginjaninja could you upload footage a rally? Would be good if you have the foundation, btw I play with a Korbel MX-P FH and EL-P BH, and those are great! But rubbers has been burned, time ago I was using H3N FH and MX-P BH, nowadays I've been switched to Yinhe Jupiter II 38 FH and Vega Euro BH. The previous combi MX-P/EL-P are faster, I'm forcing myself using less bouncier and less spinnier, to get more effort with my body, yesterday I was using with the new combi and darn man! It were awesome! YJII was faster than H3N and equally spinny and Vega Euro was softer than EL-P, less spinny and less bouncier so was more controllable, on my opinion could offer you a great cheap and effective rubbers

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies!

After researching your recommendations, I am considering:

Xiom Vega Pro (concerned it might be a little advanced for me)
Rasanter 42 (I like everything I've read about it and agree the 47 would be too much for me)
Andro Hexer Grip (or maybe the Power Grip?)

for others:
Sigma 2 Europe is too pricey for me. Read it doesn't last long.
Vega Asia DF - maybe, but people complain about its low throw.
Stiga Mantra S - i'd like to read more positive reviews

I don't know which complains you have in mind but Vega Asia DF is with a higher throw than Vega Europe.
Vega Asia DF is harder than Vega Euro and just a tad softer than Vega Pro because of the new top sheet. The older version Vega Asia /no Df/ is a tad harder than Vega Pro. The DF version of Asia has more spin and it benefits the arc with well brushed loops. V Asia DF works better than V Pro over the table, the same at mid distance and better at longer distance if combined with midhard midflex blade. For close-mid distance offensive players with hard and stiff blades its a good BH for a Vega Pro FH.
In your case I would consider Asia DF as first ckoice over the Pro.

Reactions: kneckedeck
This user has no status.
Thanks for your input about the Vega Asia DF. I don't have a hard/stiff blade though right? it's the OSP Virtuoso wood blade with nice touch.

As for the throw angle, on Revspin the Euro DF, Vega Pro, Andro Hexer Grip, and Rasanter 42 ALL have a listed throw angle that is *higher* than the Asia DF. Also, in a TableTennisDaily video review of the Asia DF they showed us how the Asia has a lower throw than the Euro.

This user has no status.
I'm leaning towards Rasanter 42 or Andro Hexer Grip since they're faster but the hardness isn't too far off and the weight is pretty close to what I currently have (Euro DF). The Asia DF is close in those categories too, but the Asia DF also ranks the lowest in DURABILITY (doesn't last long) next to those other ones and lowest in throw angle. I like the high durability and throw of the Euro DF. (According to Revspin, which I should take with a grain of salt, I know).

Here's what I copied form Revspin:

SPEED

Andro Hexer Powergrip 9.4
Xiom Vega Pro 9.2
Andro Rasanter 42 9.2
Xiom Vega Asia DF 9.0
Andro Hexer Grip 8.8
Xiom Vega Euro DF 8.4

WEIGHT

Xiom Vega Pro 5.6
Andro Hexer Power Grip 5.6
Andro Hexer Grip 4.4
Xiom Vega Asia DF 4.0
Andro Rasanter 42 3.6
Xiom Vega Euro DF 2.4

HARDNESS

Xiom Vega Pro 7.0
Andro Hexer Powergrip 6.4
Andro Hexer Grip 5.4
Xiom Vega Asia DF 4.3
Andro Rasanter 42 4.2
Xiom Vega Euro DF 2.2

Durability

Xiom Vega Euro DF 8.5
Andro Hexer Grip 8.3
Andro Hexer Powergrip 8.1
Andro Rasanter R42 7.9
Xiom Vega Pro 7.7
Xiom Vega Asia DF 7.0

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Revspin reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, because "durability" or "control" for different people is not always the same. In my opinion, most important factor for choosing rubber is "does it fit my playing style ?". If you want more speed, I'd say choose Hexer Grip, since hardness of Rasanter R42 (42 degrees) is similar to Xiom Vega Euro DF (42,5 degrees).

Reactions: JMC
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Thanks for your input about the Vega Asia DF. I don't have a hard/stiff blade though right? it's the OSP Virtuoso wood blade with nice touch.

As for the throw angle, on Revspin the Euro DF, Vega Pro, Andro Hexer Grip, and Rasanter 42 ALL have a listed throw angle that is *higher* than the Asia DF. Also, in a TableTennisDaily video review of the Asia DF they showed us how the Asia has a lower throw than the Euro.

Don't trust much in revspin, there are many variables in every review, the best you can do is try directly the rubber, borrowed or so, and the blade affects the throw too, I hope you find the one which fits at your play style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hexer Grip and Powergrip also have a softer version released this year, they have the "SFX" written on it. Powergrip SFX is 42.5 hardness degree, so you may want to consider it too since it seems to have similar sponge hardness to R42 (I haven't played with neither though, so I can't help on playing characteristics, I'm just throwing at you more possibilities to think about :p)

Revspin reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, because "durability" or "control" for different people is not always the same. In my opinion, most important factor for choosing rubber is "does it fit my playing style ?". If you want more speed, I'd say choose Hexer Grip, since hardness of Rasanter R42 (42 degrees) is similar to Xiom Vega Euro DF (42,5 degrees).

I couldn't find an oficial information, but some very experienced users believes that Vega Euro DF is 37.5 degrees or something very close to it (Dan, yogi, AndySmith). Dan and Andy wrote that sponge hardness is very similar to Rasant beat.

The original Vega Euro (without "DF") is 42.5 degrees, which makes sense since their reviews indicated that the DF version feels softer than the regular version.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hexer Grip and Powergrip also have a softer version released this year, they have the "SFX" written on it. Powergrip SFX is 42.5 hardness degree, so you may want to consider it too since it seems to have similar sponge hardness to R42 (I haven't played with neither though, so I can't help on playing characteristics, I'm just throwing at you more possibilities to think about :p)

I couldn't find an oficial information, but some very experienced users believes that Vega Euro DF is 37.5 degrees or something very close to it (Dan, yogi, AndySmith). Dan and Andy wrote that sponge hardness is very similar to Rasant beat.

The original Vega Euro (without "DF") is 42.5 degrees, which makes sense since their reviews indicated that the DF version feels softer than the regular version.

My bad, I got them wrong. Either way, I'd still recommend Hexer Grip.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I'd say do not go with Rasanters as they will be quite an upgrade in speed and won't help you develop your strokes.

Vega Euro will be the first best candidate as Vega Euro DF is 37.5 degree soft and Vega Euro is 42 degrees soft

Second best candidate will be Omega IV elite as that is around 40 degree hardness and will be quite an upgrade in speed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Rasanter 42 was the worst rubber I ever tried. Personal experience but there you go. It seemed to fight against the blade rather than bite into the ball and spin it properly. Also seemed much heavier than a 42 hardness rubber should have any right to be. Just a really weird and horrible experience, it was for me.

A step up from Vega Euro is Vega Asia or Japan, the DF version (newer) is better.
It's good to stay in the same family of rubbers if you enjoy what you have but want just a little more speed etc. Rasanter42 and Vega have almost nothing in common besides being table tennis rubbers.

BTW those aggregate scores you pulled from revspin were surprisingly accurate in relative terms, in the comparison between those rubbers. Again, from my experience. Wisdom of the Masses at work there.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Rasanter 42 was the worst rubber I ever tried. Personal experience but there you go. It seemed to fight against the blade rather than bite into the ball and spin it properly. Also seemed much heavier than a 42 hardness rubber should have any right to be. Just a really weird and horrible experience, it was for me.

A step up from Vega Euro is Vega Asia or Japan, the DF version (newer) is better.
It's good to stay in the same family of rubbers if you enjoy what you have but want just a little more speed etc. Rasanter42 and Vega have almost nothing in common besides being table tennis rubbers.

BTW those aggregate scores you pulled from revspin were surprisingly accurate in relative terms, in the comparison between those rubbers. Again, from my experience. Wisdom of the Masses at work there.
It was rasanter v42 or r42?