Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Oh, no. That's worse than my bashing Ishikawa.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
Because there are better players who deserved to be here instead of these two, and you know both of them will have no chance when facing a CNT player in the WTTC, same goes for the women's final. Hayata vs Shibata should've been the true final.

I guess I shouldn't have left out the sarcasm switch.

Whatever the case, I blame it on the rules and not the players here, even though I wanted Hayata to win.

Wouldn't it make more sense for CNT to decide the 4 who are picked first, and therefore don't need to play the Marvellous 12?

That way you wouldn't have a potential pick finishing 8th (for example), in the M12, yet still being picked.......

Appreciate it would seriously diminish the quality in the M12 event, but would potentially avoid the controversy of picking someone who didn't do that well (unless it's not particularly controversial)?

That's the opposite of what they want the trial to be. They want to determine "the undisputed one" in a real competition, like how LGY did in 2017, where no one could dispute his legitimacy.

Anyway. How has it been? The forum is just not the same without your precious input.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Yes, Kato is a good fighter ....But the Chinese are also good fighters ....
To resist the Chinese, one will to win will not be enough ....

However, that is, that is ....Hina Hayata has a chance to prove himself in Oman and Qatar ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
KATO wins it 4-1 against MORI. She didn't score many spectacular winners. Just some accelerations in the BH diagonal where she was dominating. MORI was making too many mistakes when trying to attack.

KATO will be in WS in Budapest

Miyu KATO (1).jpg

Jan 2018
Like it or not, Kato has been very consistent in past trials, too.

There's dedicated term for that in China, 內戰專家.

This user has no status.
Like it or not, Kato has been very consistent in past trials, too.

There's dedicated term for that in China, 內戰專家.
That's about the only thing she's been consistent in though. Her results in international competitions have been fairly average.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
That's about the only thing she's been consistent in though. Her results in international competitions have been fairly average.

Which leads to another infamous Chinese saying 內戰內行, 外戰外行.

Jan 2018
Hayata won against Kato in the 1st round of Qualifier in December 3-1 I think, and last month 3-0 in TLeague but today was the match to win...

That's why Hayata has to earn her spot at all cost. She has what it takes. This is the time to step up. Don't rely on luck and favoritism, or she'll end up like Ishikawa.

4042067108_b7317e80e8.jpg

Jan 2018
The men's side was quite even. I actually expected Oshima to reach the final.

Morizono actually responded in a recent episode of Takkyuu Japan about being labelled a doubles player, that he doesn't mind it and that he'd been working on his singles. So good change for him.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Beside Ito Hayata is the only player who could potentially challenge chinese players, what a shame she won't play WTTC. This trial system is so stupid.

Jan 2018
Curious about the past WTTC trials, I looked them up and voila! Ishikawa, Ito, and Hirano have never won.

Ishikawa qualified for 2007(doubles debut) and '09(singles debut) by recommendation, '11 by beating 3 top 20 players, '13-15 by All-Japan Champion, '17-19 by World Ranking.
Ito qualified for 2015(singles/doubles debut) by recommendation, '17 by World Ranking, '19 by All-Japan Champion.
Hirano qualified for 2015(singles/doubles debut) and '19 by recommendation, '17 by All-Japan Champion.

Masataka Morizono
Miyu Kato

Kenta Matsudaira
Miyu Kato

Masaki Yoshida
Sayaka Hirano

Kazuhiro Chan
Misaki Morizono

Kenji Matsudaira
Misako Wakamiya

Oya Hidetoshi, Kenji Matsudaira
Ai Fujinuma, Mikie Tasei

Yo Kan
Sayaka Hirano

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Beside Ito Hayata is the only player who could potentially challenge chinese players, what a shame she won't play WTTC. This trial system is so stupid.

But transparent, democratic and fair. Yet, folks aren't pleased here. Hmm, I think I've written this somewhere before.

Transparent, democratic and fair = undesirable and stupid.

Reactions: JesperStef
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Transparency and democracy is good ........ But there is common sense ....
In fact - Ishikawa, Hirano (now at least), Sato, Kato - to resist even the second Chinese team is not able to ....
Hayata could ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Curious about the past WTTC trials, I looked them up and voila! Ishikawa, Ito, and Hirano have never won.

Ishikawa qualified for 2007(doubles debut) and '09(singles debut) by recommendation, '13-15 by All-Japan Champion, '11 and '17-19 by World Ranking.
Ito qualified for 2015(singles/doubles debut) by recommendation, '17 by World Ranking, '19 by All-Japan Champion.
Hirano qualified for 2015(singles/doubles debut) and '19 by recommendation, '17 by All-Japan Champion.

Masataka Morizono
Miyu Kato

Kenta Matsudaira
Miyu Kato

Masaki Yoshida
Sayaka Hirano

Kazuhiro Chan
Misaki Morizono

Matsudira Kenji
Misako Wakamiya

Oya Hidetoshi, Kenji Matsudaira
Ai Fujinuma, Mikie Tasei