Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Some kind of polarizing glasses because he said he couldn't see the ball due to the strong lighting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Here a link for matches of Harimoto vs Mizutani, Ito vs Hirano, Ishikawa vs Kato and Ito vs Ishikawa, but only up to 480p quality

https://youtu.be/MiwhsjuYSXY
Thanks for the link, great angle. Ishikawa looked very focused andconfident in the final. She changed her serves and hide them more, Ito had a lot of problems answering them.

Harimoto has improved a lot his FH for sure. And he was very confident in this match.
But Mizutani wasn't really there, he shawed just for a while.
The match was somewhat pathetic and humiliating for Mizutani and I feel pity for him. Reminds me the loss of Ma Long when he looked like he ddn't know where he is and what to do. And it reminds me the early FZD and the way some players hated not his wins, but the way he wins.
For sure Harimoto is going better and better - technically, physically and mentally.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I'm still upset and grieving about the Hayata's Hina tripping. She had several match points, how can one match decide about your overall condition and predisposition to perform. She was one of the 3 (in recent history) Japanese players to beat the top CNT member ... Can not understand the JNT. So the wild card was released before the top 12? Can't get my head around this ...
I will need to take a picture with Hayata (if she's going to be in Budapest for wd or md) for some form of consolation ... ech ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
It is a pity Hina Hayata ....
For March, May, June, July, she will have a total of more than 4,000 points deducted ...The total reserve for this period is only 900 points ...
Of course, while the games are declared in Oman and Qatar .....But in April, there will be no place to get points - the Asian Cup, WTTC ....May - four challenge tournament, where a maximum of -850, and they still need to get ....

The main tours of ITTF - Hayata will have to pass qualification, that in the presence of Chinese women of the second - the third team is already a serious problem .....
New algorithms for calculating the ITTF rating have greatly complicated the ability to earn points .....
It is possible that in the August 2019 rating, Hyata will be in the 5th top ten .....

Although she herself understands this .....In her interview after the sad defeat of Kato, she mentioned this ....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm still upset and grieving about the Hayata's Hina tripping. She had several match points, how can one match decide about your overall condition and predisposition to perform. She was one of the 3 (in recent history) Japanese players to beat the top CNT member ... Can not understand the JNT. So the wild card was released before the top 12? Can't get my head around this ...
Need to make a picture with Hayata (if she's going to be in Budapest for wd or md) for some form of consolation ... ech ...
Well Liu Shiwen is not top CNT nowadays, she is out of form recently, she lost 5 matches in marvelous 12, which is quite sensational. So this win for Hayata is not as huge as could be. Anyway she improved a lot since I saw her in T2 and probably should be at top 4.
Of course chinese system of play is more fair if you play all opponents. But I have to admit that japnese system is also good for mental toughness, if you want to be in top you have to be concentrated all the time and of course beat lower ranked opponents like Kato. The way Hayata lost is worth considering if she can finish important match...

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Well Liu Shiwen is not top CNT nowadays, she is out of form recently, she lost 5 matches in marvelous 12, which is quite sensational. So this win for Hayata is not as huge as could be. Anyway she improved a lot since I saw her in T2 and probably should be at top 4.
Of course chinese system of play is more fair if you play all opponents. But I have to admit that japnese system is also good for mental toughness, if you want to be in top you have to be concentrated all the time and of course beat lower ranked opponents like Kato. The way Hayata lost is worth considering if she can finish important match...

Sure, but I think the knock-out system suites well for the tournament purposes, not the selection process. Just this draw randomness is not necessary. I would not agree she can't finish an important match, having (what was it) 10:6 or 10:4 and than loosing seems like tripping rather ... also she had lots of pressure, I would imagine.

Liu ended up 5th just behind Wang Manyu and Ding Ning, so maybe not her greatest time, but still top 5 ... The psychological effect of beating the CNT star should also be not underestimated. Just have a look at Zeio's girl ;) Kasumi, she can be dominant on the domestic scene, but when facing say Liu I'd still place my bets on Hayta rather than her ... would you? : )

Reactions: mrk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sure, but I think the knock-out system suites well for the tournament purposes, not the selection process. Just this draw randomness is not necessary. I would not agree she can't finish an important match, having (what was it) 10:6 or 10:4 and than loosing seems like tripping rather ... also she had lots of pressure, I would imagine.

Liu ended up 5th just behind Wang Manyu and Ding Ning, so maybe not her greatest time, but still top 5 ... The psychological effect of beating the CNT star should also be not underestimated. Just have a look at Zeio's girl ;) Kasumi, she can be dominant on the domestic scene, but when facing say Liu I'd still place my bets on Hayta rather than her ... would you? : )
All that is ture, but sometimes what happend 2 months ago is not valid today.
Watching final I saw totaly different Kasumi, she was well motivated, confident and changed her serves first this short to the FH side (little bit hidden) and also fast long to the mima BH. In my opinion besides 4th game lost completely she was always putting pressure to Ito. Watchin Liu shiwen these days is really not her, she is far from where she was las year or before. So I am not that sure she can beat Kasumi today, and probably we will not find it out soon.
Hayata win over chinese is of course very motivating, but you must be aware that all young girls are fighting for tokyo 2020 and probably sleeping in traing hall doing all effort to beat higher ranked JNT girls.
I think both hayata and kato are on good way to enter top 3 in japan, but for now Ishikawa with her experience is better selection for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Watchin Liu shiwen these days is really not her, she is far from where she was las year or before. So I am not that sure she can beat Kasumi today, and probably we will not find it out soon.

Wow, now that is a bold statement right there Sali, hope Zeio wont find this one ... ;)

Hayata win over chinese is of course very motivating, but you must be aware that all young girls are fighting for tokyo 2020 and probably sleeping in traing hall doing all effort to beat higher ranked JNT girls.
I think both hayata and kato are on good way to enter top 3 in japan, but for now Ishikawa with her experience is better selection for me.

Well yes, you are right here, maybe I was in a way, too results vs. the CNT ... oriented. But I have a suspicion, Liu Guoliang took a deep breath after Hayata's departure ... unfortunately ... of course, I have nothing against the CNT, just this rivalry vs JNT would only do good to tt imho ...

Reactions: BlipBlop575
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well yes, you are right here, maybe I was in a way, too results vs. the CNT ... oriented. But I have a suspicion, Liu Guoliang took a deep breath after Hayata's departure ... unfortunately ... of course, I have nothing against the CNT, just this rivalry vs JNT would only do good to tt imho ...

Yes I want that too. Difference now is that JNT grew up and the selection is not obvious:
1. Ishikawa - I think she developed and can be competitive even to chinese players - hope I am right :)
2. Ito - already defeat top chinese players, so she can be main threat for CNT
3. Hirano - starting climbing up again, changed serves, maybe she can come back to Times where she took down all chinese players
4. Hayata - already beat two chinese players, she is good moitvated - can be also a threat
5. Kato - chinese do not know her, so she can be some surprise
6... there are many more to come

The other thing is the top chinese player in team competition LSW is beatable now, co the team championship for china women is not that obvious for me.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
It should be assumed that Maharu, Oshima and Hayata, although they are not officially declared as part of the JNT in Budapest, will be there?

This user has no status.
Hayata did not just beat LSW in Portugal.
She is 11-0 in TLeague with some very good wins
She won 10 straight matches in round 1 of qualifying dropping just 1 set (to Kato)
She won in Portugal...
Before losing to Kato, the only match she lost in recent times was her SF to ITO (0-4) in National Championships

Besides LSW, among her victims during her run: ISHIKAWA (total domination), SUH Hyowon, LEE Hoching, FENG Tianwei, CHENG I-CHING, and all Japanese B-team... dropping very few sets.

I think its very very impressive but that one match brings a terrible result...

KATO may deserve her win, but 100% sure HAYATA is by far the stronger player, i think she is N2 in Japan now after ITO

But she lost the only game that mattered because of the pressure. she was 2 sets up, Kato didn't exist and then she started showing nervousness. And she choked at 10-5 in the decider... and now her career might be already over at 18 ? if not over, its taking a huge hit

Its almost as if the JNT staff made everything to make sure she isn't in the team

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
She won 10 straight matches in round 1 of qualifying dropping just 1 set (to Kato)
She won in Portugal...
Before losing to Kato, the only match she lost in recent times was her SF to ITO (0-4) in National Championships

Besides LSW, among her victims during her run: ISHIKAWA (total domination), SUH Hyowon, LEE Hoching, FENG Tianwei, CHENG I-CHING, and all Japanese B-team... dropping very few sets.

KATO may deserve her win, but 100% sure HAYATA is by far the stronger player, i think she is N2 in Japan now after ITO

But she lost the only game that mattered because of the pressure. she was 2 sets up, Kato didn't exist and then she started showing nervousness. And she choked at 10-5 in the decider... and now her career might be already over at 18 ? if not over, its taking a huge hit

Its almost as if the JNT staff made everything to make sure she isn't in the team

I'm with you. I meant not to take anything away from those girls occupying the spots, but ... simply put, it's a mistake on the JNT part ... after Portugal she was mentally on a peak performance. How come CNT gives only 1 (one) spot for "Marvelous 12" and the rest is decided. And Cheng Meng + Fan Zhen Dong would have been in Budapest anyways ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
She won in Portugal...

Agreed..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
It should be assumed that Maharu, Oshima and Hayata, although they are not officially declared as part of the JNT in Budapest, will be there?

I just noticed .... Qatar Open - Ishikawa-Harimoto (XD) ...I do not remember exactly - in this line-up have they played before?