Crazy ball catch skill by Xu Xin!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
It has been 13 days, no Pongfinity challenge yet, maybe they can't do it.

Another episode of Pongfinity just released, the Xu Xin catch not done yet.

The challenge was the same type of catch, except using Tenergy 05 without any top sheet modifications. They did confirm receipt of the challenge back to me by messenger on Facebook.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Another Pongfinity video released April 1st Hands tied ping pong.

Still no high ball catch using non modified Tenergy 05 !

Can you do it ? Take the challenge !

Loopadoop, I don't want to be annoying but this is already the 4th time you post basically the same thing.
You can make public requests for them on their Youtube channel or another social media where they are active. No reason to do it here.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Loopadoop, I don't want to be annoying but this is already the 4th time you post basically the same thing.
You can make public requests for them on their Youtube channel or another social media where they are active. No reason to do it here.

Pongfinity did take my challenge by Facebook messenger reply to me, which I had stated here a 2-3 weeks ago.

Now I am updating for every video they release to see if they tried the challenge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Pongfinity did take my challenge by Facebook messenger reply to me, which I had stated here a 2-3 weeks ago.

Now I am updating for every video they release to see if they tried the challenge.

So it is probably more effective to ask them directly by facebook messenger then, since they already replied to you once.
You can update this thread when they release the video.
This is just an idea though, since obviously I'm not a moderator...but I feel this way would work better for every forum reader.

This user has no status.
Not sure if anyone here remembers another challenge video, posted by ITTF a couple years ago. They asked some top players to bounce a ball on top of their racket handle. I think XX and FZD did the most on the first try. It almost looked like XX could've kept going forever, but decided to stop on his own.

Here's a link of that video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHEgZUQdGbY&ab_channel=OfficialITTFChannel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
He was gonna rest the ball on the handle like the showman that he is. The bouncing itself isn't too hard if you practice it for a bit, my record is 90 something and I didn't spend that much time getting there.

Difference is that Gauzys ball is not that high, and no spin.
the height is enough for the ball to reach its terminal velocity which is not that high. Also, when the ball hits an edge of the racket like that it retains most of its spin, in my experience at least. And Xu Xin hits the ball flat. If anything, Gauzy's catch is more impressive.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
the height is enough for the ball to reach its terminal velocity which is not that high. Also, when the ball hits an edge of the racket like that it retains most of its spin, in my experience at least. And Xu Xin hits the ball flat. If anything, Gauzy's catch is more impressive.

The height def. is a factor here, even though max velocity is reached in less height. You're basically saying that it doesn't matter what height you are doing at; cause it's already at max velocity. Thus me doing it with a height of 2.5m is as "impressive" as Gauzys shot? Cool!

Also, you can clearly see that there's no spin on the ball Gauzy is catching (might be some top spin, but not much) by the way he catches it. I prefer Xu Xins shot cause; it's higher, more spin, and he catches it reversed (with his BH).

This user has no status.
The height def. is a factor here, even though max velocity is reached in less height. You're basically saying that it doesn't matter what height you are doing at; cause it's already at max velocity. Thus me doing it with a height of 2.5m is as "impressive" as Gauzys shot? Cool!

Also, you can clearly see that there's no spin on the ball Gauzy is catching (might be some top spin, but not much) by the way he catches it. I prefer Xu Xins shot cause; it's higher, more spin, and he catches it reversed (with his BH).

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Also, XX's BH is RPB, which adds extra difficulty.