Any Stiga blades not have hollow feel?

This user has no status.
I have tried Infinity, Celero Wood, Allround Evolution and Clipper Classic.

They all feel hollow and annoying.

Are there any Stiga woods that don't feel like this?

Maybe Rosewood or Eternity or Artic Wood?

That's a good question. I own an Infinity and can't deal with the hollow feel and sound. I thought WRB was the hollow handle option but Infinity has definitely hollow handle and so far as I know Stiga Ebenholz as well. I'm not sure, but I think this hollow thing is a kind off hallmark of Stiga blades. And also, many blades from other brands have hollow handles although it is not declared. (I bought recently a Sanwei Fextra and I'm really surprised with the feel and performance of this affordable blade, so I think Infinity is gonna get out of game).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I modified my Allround Evolution by taking off one of the handleparts and fill the space with woodglue and six one inch nails. This improved the balance very much and the hollow feeling disapeared. Becouse the balance improved I don't feel the extra weight. Yes, the Sanwei Fextra is a great 7ply.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A600FN met Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I wouldn't buy Stiga without the hollow feel. I feel reassured knowing that the blade is genuine.

mUcVPx.gif

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

This is EXACTLY what motivated my Beast Mods.

My first public one was a Stiga Allround Evolution.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Der Echte, it's no coincidence that my Allround Evolution is called the Linseed Beastmod Evo! Thanks a lot man! You're awesome!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A600FN met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews

Just curious: why limit yourself to Stiga? Do you have a sponsorship?
From experience, I can say that the Tibhar Stratus Powerwood (an inexpensive, OFF- / low OFF all-wood blade with limba outers) does not feel hollow. Of course, it does not feel as solid as a carbon blade, either.

BTW: some carbon blades with ayous core (like the IF-ZLC) feel hollow to some players. So do some DHS carbon blades (like some Fang Bo Carbon blades - not all).

This user has no status.
I just read Stiga Nostalgic series have solid Wenge handle. I just ordered a Sanwei Dynamo blade (yes, I'm starting to be a Sanwei fan) which has also outer wenge layers, to give it a try. But the Nostalgic VII looks very attractive to me...

Please let me know how your Dynamo feels. I tried my friend's Dyanmo (Battle II FH and BH). His setup was much slower than I expected. I'm not sure if it was just bad rubber combination or a slow blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

I have the same issues. My Intensity NCT and Celero feel hollow when looping hard.

However, my much slower Stiga Hans Asler OC feel much more solid. It's hard to explain it in words. My Hans Asler is slower yet the strong kick when looping hard gives you the solid feel.

Dynamo feels like an off and not an off+ blade. Do not expect much speed from a non carbon balsa blade even if the outer is wenge.

Please let me know how your Dynamo feels. I tried my friend's Dyanmo (Battle II FH and BH). His setup was much slower than I expected. I'm not sure if it was just bad rubber combination or a slow blade.

This user has no status.
Dynamo feels like an off and not an off+ blade. Do not expect much speed from a non carbon balsa blade even if the outer is wenge.

Ah, ok. Thank you for the explanation! That makes a lot of sense. My friend has since moved on to a sanwei blade.