How to run small to medium club table challenges

This user has no status.
A question: is it all match play in most clubs in the US? I.e. can you not go to a club with a partner and rent a table if you want to do drills?

You can't at the moment in Ohio. Samson Dubina is opening a full time club and that may allow for it, but you can't at the small clubs.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
A question: is it all match play in most clubs in the US? I.e. can you not go to a club with a partner and rent a table if you want to do drills?

In my limited experience, yes.

Jan 2018
Well, they treat it more like a workout there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
So you basically pay to enter the club. Stand in line to play a match. You win and get to stay at the table until you loose and then back to the end of the queue? It must be really hard to "develop" as a beginner.

If I play a beginner, rather than just beat them, I coach them during the match to improve their skills. Most don't do that.

This user has no status.
So you basically pay to enter the club. Stand in line to play a match. You win and get to stay at the table until you loose and then back to the end of the queue? It must be really hard to "develop" as a beginner.

That's about right other than the long line. Unless it's an exceptionally busy night you may have 5-10 minutes max between matches.

Jan 2018
I remember paying 9 bucks only to play 2 matches because the lines were so long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Some times we allowed people to practice but a time was set. So you get around 10 to 15 minutes, same length as the average match depending where you are

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
We have seven tables and it varies. On slower nights, we dedicate a table to training. On steady nights, its 10 minutes of hitting around and then a best of 5. Winner stays on. On busy nights, 5 minutes of hitting around, best of 5, and we dedicate one table to doubles.

Are tables segregated by skill level ?

Is there a match limit for the table winner ?