Hurricane 3 Comparison

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
1. Which version do you play? DHS H3 Neo Blue Sponge (#21) National
2. Where do you purchase? Hoping to find a legitimate shop to buy so I don't get fake ones. Secret source
3. Thickness and hardness of your rubber? 2.1mm 40deg
4. Do you boost or not (if so, which booster)? don't play any more, so don't boost
5. What's your experience with durability? don't play any more, so it will last me a long long time
5. If you have played several versions of H3/H3N, how do you compare the spin and speed between them? problem is not with H3 or H3N, but rather with the type of sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Has anyone tried the Nittaku H3 Pro (not turbo, the one with purple and black pacage)? Is it good with booster or is it made for speed glue? How hard is the sponge? (Nittaku says about 42.5 degrees, but how is it compaded with dhs h3/h3 neo?

Which supplier on AliExpress do you use? A link would be greatly appreciated.

So it seems like a newer packaging of provincial blue sponge. It had the shiny reflective purple packaging and no neo layer. I got it from Burn Store. They sell a lot of DHS stuff so seems legit. Haven't checked what they have currently in stock as AliExpress is convinced I'm a robot for some reason.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Reactions: vik2000
This user has no status.
No offense Mr. President, but I gotta be a little blunt here. Why even participate in this thread if all you can offer is telling me that I'm missing info about sponge hardness (which I believe is the information that isn't readily available to the public) without further providing any additional useful information? I will gladly accept any correction/additions to my original post, but you gotta provide more info. And to add a cherry on top, you follow up with a reply telling all of us that you obtain your rubber from a secret source (Boy, we got a badass here in this extremely globally popular sport called Table Tennis), that you play with 2.1mm 40 deg without any context of how it plays, and basically say that you don't play anymore. TT isn't exactly a popular sport where I'm from (North America) and I do my best in my local community to be helpful to anyone who's remotely interested in playing TT, which is why I hate seeing this type of smug attitude from anyone playing in this sport. I suppose it's a little different over there in South Africa Tony?

Last edited:
Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand
This user has no status.
Thanks, I've bought from these two stores on AliExpress before and was fairly happy with the experience. I do notice their price seems to be quite a bit higher than taobao.com but comparable to TT11. I'll likely buy from taobao going forward since I noticed they do ship internationally or I might just buy some when I visit my relatives in China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
No offense Mr. President, but I gotta be a little blunt here. Why even participate in this thread if all you can offer is telling me that I'm missing info about sponge hardness (which I believe is the information that isn't readily available to the public) without further providing any additional useful information? I will gladly accept any correction/additions to my original post, but you gotta provide more info. And to add a cherry on top, you follow up with a reply telling all of us that you obtain your rubber from a secret source (Boy, we got a badass here in this extremely globally popular sport called Table Tennis), that you play with 2.1mm 40 deg without any context of how it plays, and basically say that you don't play anymore. TT isn't exactly a popular sport where I'm from (North America) and I do my best in my local community to be helpful to anyone who's remotely interested in playing TT, which is why I hate seeing this type of smug attitude from anyone playing in this sport. I suppose it's a little different over there in South Africa Tony?

calm your tits please
if you have no interest in basic DHS sponge info, then don't use it.
I guess for your reaction of not even knowing the sponge version numbers means you must be so new....

I see no problem with me sharing info of what you lack in OP
Learn up or leave it, up to you

my rubbers is not from a shop, but from a Chinese provincial coach who is mates with a super league coach (best friends, and former team mates)
guess i'm just a little bit connected

Last edited:
This user has no status.
My tits are pretty calm. You left two zero value-added replies, so why even bother? Who said I have no interest in DHS sponge info? Why don't you provide more other than just listing some sponge hardness? I'm fairly certain that we have plenty of people on the forum who are confused by countless variations of DHS H3/H3N rubbers. And here, your answer to that is "you must be so new".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
My tits are pretty calm. You left two zero value-added replies, so why even bother? Who said I have no interest in DHS sponge info? Why don't you provide more other than just listing some sponge hardness? I'm fairly certain that we have plenty of people on the forum who are confused by countless variations of DHS H3/H3N rubbers. And here, your answer to that is "you must be so new".
okay, lets leave my zero value replies alone then
good luck in enhancing your knowledge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks, don't let the door hit you on your way out. We do have some key takeaways from your posts though, that you are "connected" and you don't really play anymore. Cheers mate.

I don't see how any other equipment expert would even be bothered to entertain you anymore
I suggest you to change your username and come back with a more gratitude attitude

This user has no status.
Why still here? Care to explain how your original posts were meaningful in any way? I'd be happy to hear it. I seriously hope that you aren't so dense that I have to literally break down your post sentence by sentence so that you'll understand. I mean, let me just copy it here again:

1. Which version do you play? DHS H3 Neo Blue Sponge (#21) National
2. Where do you purchase? Hoping to find a legitimate shop to buy so I don't get fake ones. Secret source - Well, that's helpful.
3. Thickness and hardness of your rubber? 2.1mm 40deg
4. Do you boost or not (if so, which booster)? don't play any more, so don't boost - Ok, I guess you don't play anymore.
5. What's your experience with durability? don't play any more, so it will last me a long long time - Cool, you re-iterated you don't play anymore. No shit Sherlock it will last a long time.
5. If you have played several versions of H3/H3N, how do you compare the spin and speed between them? problem is not with H3 or H3N, but rather with the type of sponge. - Great, you pointed out the problem. Care to elaborate and impart your wisdom? Nope, you chose not to and your response was "you must be new".

Seriously, let us know what should our key takeaways be from the above post from an equipment expert like you?

I honestly hope to God this isn't the attitude you give in your table tennis club in real life. You are even wondering why TT popularity is declining in another thread. It isn't a popular sport to begin with, so perhaps check your attitude first?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I saw your post few times

I read "I appreciate everyone's input"
I guess typing in your thread was the biggest waste of my time the past few years on this forum

please allow other more helpful people to come and entertain your nonsense.
I don't owe you anything really

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
Tony drop it, you are well respected in the community and have ample knowledge. We know that. However your response to the Op. Didnt contribute much to the initial criteria why the thread was made in the first place. Lets leave it at that folks :) my experiences regarding h3 are going to follow

This user has no status.
1. Which version do you play?
I currently play the h3(non neo) national blue sponge in 40deg hardness and a thickness of 2.2mm, boosted with 2 layers of haifu seamoon
2. Where do you purchase? Hoping to find a legitimate shop to buy so I don't get fake ones.
I purchase my rubbers from prott, I can vouch for their authenticity. I also purchase some like nitakku h3 from tt11.
3. Thickness and hardness of your rubber?
2.2 and 40deg
4. Do you boost or not (if so, which booster)?
Some rubbers I boost, some I dont. I found, that n
The higher quality ones like national need boosting to fully unleash their potential.
I boost using haifu seamoon atm and am very pleased with the results. I also used falco long at some point.
5. What's your experience with durability?
Generally speaking these rubbers last quite long. I play a sheet of h3neo nat bs for about 1.5 months (with 1 reboost) although my last sheet of neo started to bubble at various places(never happened before) cant say much about the durability of the non neo nat bs since I just started using it a week ago. However with normal usage a sheet is still usable for 6 months. I have some old used sheets on spareblades for training and they operate at about 80% which is more than enough.

6. If you have played several versions of H3/H3N, how do you compare the spin and speed between them?
Alright so: I started out with the commercial h3 but I soon noticed consistency issues even with some boost. Speed is slow, spin is high, controll is meh. National h3neo is a decent rubber boosted although its throwangle is too high for my liking. H3neo nat bs has perfect throwangles and is extremely linear when boosted. Speed is on the faster side and spin is very high. Pretty much the perfect rubber. H3 national bs is till now my favourite, its very fast, a little spinnier than neo and very controllable.
Then theres the nitakku h3 neo.... that rubber is the spinniest mf I ever played. Its so tacky that it doesnt drop the ball at all. But its also veeeery slow so fullpowered loops drop behind the net with unbelievable spin. Serves are also out of this world. If you want a rubber to mess with your opponent, its the one for you. I dont know how it plays when boosted though.
I hope I could shed some light on the mistery that are the h3 rubbers,

Peace

This user has no status.
Mumon, much appreciate your valuable input.

I have no doubt TT11 is a legitimate website and my experience with them has been very positive. The only issue for me is that H3 prov/national rubbers are sure priced much higher than what you would otherwise pay in China. Based on speaking with some Chinese players, they mentioned that taobao.com is a fairly safe place to buy (of course pick the right supplier) with a great place. The link below, for example, sells H3 Prov BS for $249 CNY which translates to about $37 USD, much cheaper compared to other TT websites.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...35569ed55e27b&abbucket=10&skuId=3317485569546

I have not tried the Nittaku version before so it's interesting to hear your thought about how spinny it is. I think their characteristic is quite different from DHS H3 so it could be that your stroke is more suitable Nittaku H3?

You mentioned you've boosted with FTL before seamoon. How was your experience with FTL? I've used FTL before and the only reason I haven't used other boosters is because of how frequently they need to be re-applied. But I do know that certain other boosters like Kailin, Dianchi and Seamoon are better than FTL for H3 rubbers.

This user has no status.
The site I meant is ProTT.vip I get my h3 national bs for 50€ there

My stroke is generally suited to chinese rubbers, becausedass I started out with those, so my game adapted...I can play esn, but its not the same.

Ftl is fine but the effect, like you said, with lets say seamoon is greater with the downside, that you will need to reapply the booster more often

Peace