Replacement for a Korbel with thinner outer limba ply

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm on a budget now, LSW is expensive now :(, some similar?

Yeah all those ZLF blades are ridiculous expensive.

Why not a new korbel btw?

Just wondering, the korbel if I'm not mistaken has the same blade dimensions as the LSW (oversized at 158x152), a feature shared only by the new Harimoto blade, but the LSW is about 5.6, very thin, while the Korbel is slightly fatter at 5.9.
Seems to be a perfect match to what you're used to, only thinner as you requested. Shame about the price though :/

I honestly can't think of any blade that'd be more similar to what you're used to, only also thinner as you specify, while being a solid OFF- blade with very surprising speed and ridiculous spin.
Sorry :/

Perhaps someone else knows a cheaper similar blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Wow, did you just break two Korbels? What did they do to you?

What is it with the thinner top ply that is more important than the second ply being limba or spruce?

Doesn't the Yinhe Earth 3, that you already had, fit your requirement?
Nope, I didn't break it, it was other one, I'm not rude with my things, E3 was sold, almost all blades were sold, just I have a Viscaria almost new, used by 3 trainings but, as several guys recommended me avoid using that blade till I get solid my technique, then I will keep insisting on 5 ply,
The new Korbel have 1st and 2nd play equal plys in measures, and I have to buy a new vega europe too, because the other has 3 breaks going to hole

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
The Korbels breaking is a curse from Carl, for not following his advice:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...Korbel-(Hungary)-vs-Tibhar-Stratus-Power-Wood
Hahahahahaha, I tried the Yasaka Sweden Extra, and was the worst blade, now I know because the anegre ply, then I realized that I prefer limba-spruce or limba-limba,
- DWSC didn't fits either, the feeling was weird
- Primorac and it was awesome, but sold years ago.
- Korbel unusable.
- Viscaria not recommended yet.
- V16 sold.

So I invoke your wisdom about thin outer limba ply.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Forgot if xiom offensive s is limba-limba-ayous.

I believe Offensive S is Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba. It is not a Stiga blade but that is like the construction of many Stiga blades. My memory from when I last used one and what it feels like is that. Offensive S is an excellent blade.

I actually think Dominus would REALLY like the Offensive S. But I think, like the Korbel, it may be a bit too fast for him.

Still, if he got one, it would be less expensive and better than a lot of other things he might be considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I believe Offensive S is Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba. It is not a Stiga blade but that is like the construction of many Stiga blades. My memory from when I last used one and what it feels like is that. Offensive S is an excellent blade.

I actually think Dominus would REALLY like the Offensive S. But I think, like the Korbel, it may be a bit too fast for him.

Still, if he got one, it would be less expensive and better than a lot of other things he might be considering.

I'm going to attach a Jupiter II in FH and a vega euro BH, which add control to the control blade. By the way, I was checking stiga blade as Offensive Wood NCT, I'll seek about offensive S, thanks a lot Carl

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Any reason you are not considering a Stiga Offensive Classic. The NCT has an
NCT layer so that it is harder. I would avoid that. Offensive Classic is:

Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba

I would say that one is a bit faster than you would want too. But I know you don’t seem to want my recommendation of the Appelgren Allplay. That one you would be able to put good rubbers on and it would be the right speed for you.

But of course, you would think it was too slow since it actually is the speed you need. If you used it for 6 months to a year without using other things, then you would be able to feel why I am recommending it. And then you would be able to feel when a blade is faster than is good for you.

But, since you are going to get blades that are Off speed instead of All, All+ or Off-, Offensive S and Offensive Classic would both be good choices.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I would listen to Carl's advice, he knows what he is talking about. I made the mistake as a beginner using a fast carbon blade, although it wasn't entirely my fault as I was given it when I broke my old bat. Then when it came around to getting a new bat I thought I liked carbon so once again I bought another very, very fast carbon blade. I have now switched to a Korbel this season and it is still quite a fast blade despite being being a 5 ply all wood. I have now been playing for 6 years and play in top division in local leagues and a fairly high level in England so if at my level a Korbel is quite fast then at your level it is too fast.

In fact I would be perfectly happy playing with a Primorac or the Appelgren allplay that Carl recommends and it would be fast enough for me to hit winners. It is not the blade but your technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
But if you insist on having something like a Korbel but with a thinner limba outer ply then you could always contact one of the blade makers on here and I am sure they would be able to make what you are looking for

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Any reason you are not considering a Stiga Offensive Classic. The NCT has an
NCT layer so that it is harder. I would avoid that. Offensive Classic is:

Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba

I would say that one is a bit faster than you would want too. But I know you don’t seem to want my recommendation of the Appelgren Allplay. That one you would be able to put good rubbers on and it would be the right speed for you.

But of course, you would think it was too slow since it actually is the speed you need. If you used it for 6 months to a year without using other things, then you would be able to feel why I am recommending it. And then you would be able to feel when a blade is faster than is good for you.

But, since you are going to get blades that are Off speed instead of All, All+ or Off-, Offensive S and Offensive Classic would both be good choices.

In fact if appelgreen allplay it has thinner outer ply, for sure I'll give a chance, curiously I was checking that blade too, same with azalea, but it's too pinky

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
But if you insist on having something like a Korbel but with a thinner limba outer ply then you could always contact one of the blade makers on here and I am sure they would be able to make what you are looking for
When I said something like Korbel I mean 5 plies, not necessarily as fast as, sorry if I wrote it wrongly.