Replacement for a Korbel with thinner outer limba ply

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I would listen to Carl's advice, he knows what he is talking about. I made the mistake as a beginner using a fast carbon blade, although it wasn't entirely my fault as I was given it when I broke my old bat. Then when it came around to getting a new bat I thought I liked carbon so once again I bought another very, very fast carbon blade. I have now switched to a Korbel this season and it is still quite a fast blade despite being being a 5 ply all wood. I have now been playing for 6 years and play in top division in local leagues and a fairly high level in England so if at my level a Korbel is quite fast then at your level it is too fast.

In fact I would be perfectly happy playing with a Primorac or the Appelgren allplay that Carl recommends and it would be fast enough for me to hit winners. It is not the blade but your technique.
There are differences between primorac and Korbel, as there are between primorac and allplay, all play is slower than primorac, so if you attach slow rubbers you will be forced to get a lot more effort in every stroke, is not same use H3N than MX-P and Mark V, now I have Yinhe Jupiter II for FH and Yinhe Saturn Pro as BH, both slow rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
What's wrong with getting a Korbel again? Great blade. Doesn't feel quite as nice as some other Limba all woods to me but one of the best all the same. If you want thinner and slower can't go wrong with Applegren Allplay. Best feel of all the all-round Limba blades I have tried.

There are no stock locally, and I want to try something different, not necessarily slower but either faster, and buy a new blade is slow and expensive, 85 bucks is not a low price, and I'll try other blade, in fact Korbel with Hurricane 3 Neo is not fast as ESN rubbers, so I'm graduating to slower.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
There are no stock locally, and I want to try something different, not necessarily slower but either faster, and buy a new blade is slow and expensive, 85 bucks is not a low price, and I'll try other blade, in fact Korbel with Hurricane 3 Neo is not fast as ESN rubbers, so I'm graduating to slower.

Just to make clear:

You want specifically a 5ply all wood?
You want something like the Korbel or something totally different?
It has to be limba outer ply but a thin blade overall?
It has to be faster? Or slower?
And what's the budget?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hi guys, the last week i borrowed to a beginner dude my blade Korbel with Jupiter II and Vega Euro, this artist broke the blade and the vega euro rubber :mad:, now need a replacement for the Korbel, can you recommend some blade similar but thinner outer limba ply please?

Back to your very first post. Why do you want a thinner outer limba than Korbel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Just to make clear:

You want specifically a 5ply all wood?
You want something like the Korbel or something totally different?
It has to be limba outer ply but a thin blade overall?
It has to be faster? Or slower?
And what's the budget?

I'll explain you, I want a 5 plies allwood as Korbel, could be limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba or limba-spruce-ayous-spruce-limba, definitely not anegre or koto, the thinner outer ply is because I want more spin, thin blade overall is good too for the feeling, as I said before I'll attach chinese rubbers which are slow, Yinhe Jupiter II FH and Yinhe Saturn Pro BH, some as*hole broke the vega euro and the Korbel blade, so no more ESN rubbers, it doesn't have to be faster, Korbel is enough, if it's slower will force to use my whole body to hit a smash, if it's faster just I need to master.
I can afford till 50 bucks, just last week I bought the vega euro, jupiter 2 and Saturn Pro, so I don't have much more money. :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Back to your very first post. Why do you want a thinner outer limba than Korbel?
Thinner outer ply gives more dwell time and the sink sensation is better, I realized when I tried a Stiga Offensive NCT it felt different giving more dwell time than Korbel, is a matter of feedback, the blade was cpen I mean the SO NCT, so I prefer to ask experienced people about this issue. Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
My 2 cents - If you prefer more dwell time and more feedback, then I must say OSP V- is wonderful. Yes it is more expensive than some other 5-ply all wood blades but consider how much you usually pay for rubbers in a year, then the cost of blade itself is FAR less than that. The blade itself is very sturdy and I don't think one could break it easily.

Otherwise consider buying Primorac that you had used before - cheaper and thinner than Korbel and with same kind of wood composition, therefore I expect more dwell time. If you pair it with fast rubbers then it could be as fast as Korbel pairing with slow rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
The new Korbel have 1st and 2nd play equal plys in measures
Not really, the top ply on the Korbel is almost half the thickness of the second ply.

- Primorac and it was awesome, but sold years ago.
If Primorac was awesome for you, and you are receiving lots of recommendations to get it, why don’t you just go with it? You would also break the cuuuurse and save some money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Not really, the top ply on the Korbel is almost half the thickness of the second ply.

If Primorac was awesome for you, and you are receiving lots of recommendations to get it, why don’t you just go with it? You would also break the cuuuurse and save some money.
Thanks for your advice, may be you're right in your sample, primorac is a good blade, it felt awesome with 2 MX-P, but I'm using chinese rubbers now, so I don't know if it suits with this kind of rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hmm now that you mentioned that it is not necessary to be limba-limba, then stiga azalea offensive or xiom offensive s.
Yeah, just not koto or anegre, but limba-limba or limba-spruce could be ok, thanks, azalea is too pinky for my taste, here people is very annoying and love to tease men which use pink things :/