Adidas P3 Review!

Rubber: Adidas P3 red
Thickness: 2.0mm
Blades used: Stiga Ebenholz 7 & Adidas Challenge Speed

tested an adidas p3 red 2.0mm rubber a few days now on those 2 above mentioned blades. ive been an acuda s2 user in my backhand for the past year and i wonder what is the fuss about this rubber. People say that this is Adidas' version of the Tenergy 64 and I think is very close to it with a few differences. the 2.0mm version was still versy fast when i was drilling with both in the fh and bh. the rubber was very bouncy with lots of control. The sound was also loud when i hit through the sponge. The throw was medium a bit lower than t64 with more or less equal spin. It takes about 1-2 days to break in. For advanced players i would recommend the max version in order to fully utilize the speed. intermediate players can enjoy the 2.0mm which will give them ample speed while maintaining a high degree of control. Countering and smashing with this rubber is tops. It is not sensitive to incoming spin which is an essential to those shots. this is also one of the best blocking rubbers i have ever tried. control is very good on passive and active blocking plus punchblocks.

IMG_1131.jpg

yosua, yup, ive tried the max nianmor twice from 2 different players, both were using carbon blades (1 has a t-11 and the other has a donic carbon blade which i forgot0 i only used an adidas challenge speed all wood blade ( 7 ply) and a 2.0mm p3 at that time and the p3 was faster still if you hit the ball through the sponge. Both were at the same level of spin though but i dont like the durability of the nianmor. saw 2 nianmors of those 2 players got bubbles after 2 weeks of intense playing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
yosua, yup, ive tried the max nianmor twice from 2 different players, both were using carbon blades (1 has a t-11 and the other has a donic carbon blade which i forgot0 i only used an adidas challenge speed all wood blade ( 7 ply) and a 2.0mm p3 at that time and the p3 was faster still if you hit the ball through the sponge. Both were at the same level of spin though but i dont like the durability of the nianmor. saw 2 nianmors of those 2 players got bubbles after 2 weeks of intense playing

Regarding durability I've used it for 5 months and its still very good. I used it frequently until last month because I changed to chinese rubbers for my forehand.
The Nianmor is rather uncontrolled on a carbon blade. I wonder how uncontrollable would adidas P3 would be. Definitely not for me :eek: