Xiom - What’s the diff between Omega & Vega rubber lines?

This user has no status.
I’ve been getting confused reading all the Xiom rubber reviews.

Can someone describe the general differences between the Xiom Omega and Xiom Vega lines of rubbers?

(I’m an offensive pkayer currently looking for a rubber for my OFF- wood blade. I’m ready to advance past my Vega Euro DF. Looking at Omega VII Euro, Vega Europe, Omega VII Pro, Vega Japan, Vega Pro. My head is dizzy.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
It's just marketing. In general the Omega rubbers are the newer and more expensive ones mostly but Vega Intro is quite new too, so...
Vega Japan could actually be an Omega rubber considering its properties but they wanted to sell it cheaper so it became a Vega :)

Just consider things like hardness, spin, catapult etc and you will find the correct rubber for you. Maybe just describe what you need/like.

Reactions: TheGinjaNinja
Having the same color for sponge and topsheet does not equate being the same rubber. The asia df is nowhere near Omega VII's speed and spin. Also, the Omega VII rubbers are much more durable.

Yes - marketing!

Speaking of that, do you think the Omega V Euro DF might be the same rubber as the Omega VII Euro - just different names? haha!

I’m looking for a step up in bite and speed from my Vega Euro DF which has taught me how to spin!

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
As for my 2 cents, the omega VIIs cost almost as much as tenergy and are nowhere near as spinny or durable. I asked about them at the local shop and they said they stopped ordering them because nobody was buying them.
T05 for the win :>

Reactions: Zaid323918
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
In general the Omega rubbers are the newer and more expensive ones mostly but Vega Intro is quite new too, so...

Both series are developed in parallel. I even think Omega II and III were available before the first Vegas.

But these days it seems the Omegas are the high end series and Vega more "for everyone".

Yes - marketing!

Speaking of that, do you think the Omega V Euro DF might be the same rubber as the Omega VII Euro - just different names? haha!

I’m looking for a step up in bite and speed from my Vega Euro DF which has taught me how to spin!

Vega and Omega are different rubbers both in sponge and topsheet, thats for sure, and because of that all these rubbers have different performance.
Vega Japan could not be situated in the Omega family for two reasons - it has a sponge of the Vega tensor generation, not of the Omega IV, and its topsheet is of different concept than the topsheet of Omega IV.
Omega V is with improved spin and control compared to Omega IV and Vega, and the difference between Omega V and Vega is greater than between Omega IV and Vega.
Omega VII is not only with different sponge and topsheet, its a different structure concept, and the differences in performance are more than just a little step-up.
The differences between the different tensor generations are real, and the differences between the rubber topsheets are real.
Looking at sponge hardness is not enough to desribe the actual performance of different sponge generations.
Topsheets differ in hardness, thickness, pimple structure and grip. The combination between different sponges and topsheets make the differences greater.
So all this is NOT a marketing trick, its real.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
This is confusing. Lightzy said tenergy is much spinnier than o7s while langel said there's a big step up in spin with o7 vs o5 AND o5 is noticeably spinnier than vega series. Seems a vega pro would be like a slick rubber but I own one and I can assure its spin is extreme, maybe close to t05 in higher gears.

This is confusing. Lightzy said tenergy is much spinnier than o7s while langel said there's a big step up in spin with o7 vs o5 AND o5 is noticeably spinnier than vega series. Seems a vega pro would be like a slick rubber but I own one and I can assure its spin is extreme, maybe close to t05 in higher gears.

Vega Pro is good rubber, but even the Vega family there are rubbers, capable to generate more spin, in different way with different styles. So its not very adequate to say it has "extreme" spin, because it hasn't.

BTW, have yoy ever played with other Xiom tensors and with Tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I've played t05 soft on 2 different blades and found it nothing special but maybe they were a little worn out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews

totally agree about Vega Pro. I am using it more then year and I had T05 before. I like Vega Pro more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Vega Pro is in the top 10 selling rubber in Japan
If i recall my memory correctly, of the other 9, there is 4 Tenergy, 1 (or 2 Nittaku), 1 Yasaka and the rest I can't remember.

Vega series and Omega series is very different.
Omega has Omega, Omega 2, Omega 3, Omega 4, Omega 5, Omega 7.
Xiom still sells the older Omega in some markets

The top players tend to go with Omega 7, which is they "top of range" product lineup.

I would say, amateur players (ie forum members) should be more than happy to use and adapt to Vega Pro in comparison with the expensive Tenergy 05