Hello from Poland !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Welcome

So you started at age 13.
did you play in school or club when you started?
eager to learn more about TT structure in Poland in general

Well ... our men division has become more professional and stronger in the past few years, I think. There are quite interesting players participating, Wong Chun Ting or Paul Drinkhaul (last year at least).

https://www.superliga.com.pl/component/joomleague/finalranking?sezonid=14

On the women side we have "KTS Enea Siarka Tarnobrzeg" dominating the scene since about 90'ties, 27 times the National Champion, 1 ETTU winner, 2 times Women Champions league finalist ... actually when you look at their lineup it's quite impressive, Viktoria Pavlovic, LI Qian, Samara Elizabeta, Han Ying ... so one current and two former European Champions.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well ... our men division has become more professional and stronger in the past few years, I think. There are quite interesting players participating, Wong Chun Ting or Paul Drinkhaul (last year at least).

https://www.superliga.com.pl/component/joomleague/finalranking?sezonid=14

On the women side we have "KTS Enea Siarka Tarnobrzeg" dominating the scene since about 90'ties, 27 times the National Champion, 1 ETTU winner, 2 times Women Champions league finalist ... actually when you look at their lineup it's quite impressive, Viktoria Pavlovic, LI Qian, Samara Elizabeta, Han Ying ... so one current and two former European Champions.

Yeah, but I'm not really asking about the top end level
i'm asking about how a 13 year old kid can start
there is 2 streams, 1 is through school, 2nd is through club.
Its seems to me most of Europe only have the club route, while Asian is school.

So it sounds like the foundation of schools is more solid - as it is more continuous (you won't have so much of a generational gap like Sweden)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yeah, but I'm not really asking about the top end level
i'm asking about how a 13 year old kid can start
there is 2 streams, 1 is through school, 2nd is through club.
Its seems to me most of Europe only have the club route, while Asian is school.

So it sounds like the foundation of schools is more solid - as it is more continuous (you won't have so much of a generational gap like Sweden)

Not sure if the school classes are very common, maybe @kingslayer will have something more to say. The club route is the main one I think although coaches from our club do have lessons in the nearby schools. Sometimes in our club there are Cadet or Junior Nation wide tournaments. I can observe quite a variety of different clubs from many regions of the country, those kids are representing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Andrzej Grubba was an absolute legend!

Yeah Andrzej Grubba and his racket switching from one hand to the other ... I got into tt about 2008 and he died 2005 so never knew him in person, but many people tell me they have good memories from the times when he was playing. He used an all+ blade ... seems quite slow for many of us ... ; )

This user has no status.
Yeah Andrzej Grubba and his racket switching from one hand to the other ... I got into tt about 2008 and he died 2005 so never knew him in person, but many people tell me they have good memories from the times when he was playing. He used an all+ blade ... seems quite slow for many of us ... ; )

ALL+ blade and Srivers :D , I started with this setup but I like much more my current set up

Last edited: