I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

This user has no status.
Mark V has me in mental splits. I've started out playing with it when young and could spin the ball like nothing else with it back then.

I tried it again when picking up a blade again 30+ years later, and was severely disappointed. So much so that I cannot reconcile my memories of days past with my experiences in the present.

Naaah, you just didn't get a fresh sheet :D I'm joking of course but the fact remains that out of the old generation non-tensor European rubbers Mark V and Sriver remain the most linear, spiniest option for a beginner.

This user has no status.
Yes I have one of those and also a 2005 but I prefer the Banda Offensive similar to this one:
cache.php

(Picture stolen from eBay).

I have one ST completely new in the original packaging and a used AN in fairly good condition. Amazing quality.

I am currently playing with the Donic 2016 version of that and it's a great blade. Fast when you need it, controlled when you want to play more passively/slowly! Great blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

For reminding, i’m already had yasaka sweden Ekstra and primorac.

I just need a new rubber, I’m intermediate beginner

I need a new rubber for my first tournament next month I don’t need to EJing a new blade, i just want to maximize my blade that’s all

Please just focus to my questions don’t OOT

My question is:

1. Do i better use primorac or yse on my tournament?

2. What rubber can you suggest? With superb control and spin

I’ve some rubber in mind

Xiom intro
Xiom sigma europe
Rakza 7 soft
Acuda p2
Nittaku fastarc s1

I don’t know, too much options.

I know i’ve never play with tensor before, that’s why i can learn and adjust in this month to prepare

I don’t care about people who say, it’s not for beginner or it’s difficult something like that

Every pro ones a beginner, that’s why we always practicing. To get used of new rubber to get improvement. If stuck in beginner mind, when you will get such a good improvement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For reminding, i’m already had yasaka sweden Ekstra and primorac.

I just need a new rubber, I’m intermediate beginner

I need a new rubber for my first tournament next month I don’t need to EJing a new blade, i just want to maximize my blade that’s all

Please just focus to my questions don’t OOT

My question is:

1. Do i better use primorac or yse on my tournament?

2. What rubber can you suggest? With superb control and spin

I’ve some rubber in mind

Xiom intro
Xiom sigma europe
Rakza 7 soft
Acuda p2
Nittaku fastarc s1

I don’t know, too much options.

I know i’ve never play with tensor before, that’s why i can learn and adjust in this month to prepare

I don’t care about people who say, it’s not for beginner or it’s difficult something like that

Every pro ones a beginner, that’s why we always practicing. To get used of new rubber to get improvement. If stuck in beginner mind, when you will get such a good improvement?

I am going to suggest you start a new thread of your own. To tell people to respond to you and how to respond to you in someone else's thread seems a bit odd to me. Perhaps you didn't intend that. But it seems like you may not have understood this thread started as someone else's inquiry.

==
BTW: I do think it is good in todays game to learn with a middle of the road, control oriented tensor type rubber. But to tell people how they should advise you when nobody has even seen footage of you playing seems a bit odd. :)

Please just start a new thread. Good luck.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I would recommend Yasaka Sweden extra with Mark V on both sides for developing feeling and technique.
Or just take yogi bear's advice. He really knows what he's talking about.

Better yet, if you can make a short video of yourself playing and post it here, many experts here could give you pointers on how to improve your game/technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
As there’s plenty of talk about mark V and striver in this thread- I was wondering how they compare if speed glued against the modern tensor or Tenergy rubbers?

This user has no status.
Hi ..I'm really appriciated for you guys, such a kind people all of you

i just want say that i choose yasaka sweden extra, already play almost 2 month since i ask for advise

This blade does all round job perfectly.
Due to semi hardness and good flexibility topspin, chop, push , block
all are reasonable. good quality for the money.

Lighzy said horrible blade, this blade is not horrible! i don't know why you said that.

I put palio ak47 blue and 729 2000 tackspeed,
speed-control is well balance
A little bit too soft for me i think with ak47 blue but great rubber. just when i meet pips rubber, i've difficult to lift underspin balls

I can win with a friend that i almost never win in a year! so much improvement

In next month i've my first local tournament, my rubber now already worn out... because i train a lot
i need to change the rubber

I need suggestion for the rubber, i like medium hard rubber and soft but not too soft i think with superb control and spin.. speed not too fast

FYI, i have a primorac. someone gave me as a gift. but i'm not try yet

So a litte bit confuse, should i use primorac for a tournament or use YSE all with new rubber

ALL+ (YSE) vs OFF- (Primorac) isn’t that big of a difference.

What exactly are you looking for? Do you feel that you are consistent and skilled enough to use a faster setup? Is that your goal? Lifting backspin against pips is probably more of a technique issue, but maybe using a rubber that’s less reactive to spin would be slightly easier.

If AK47 blue is too soft than my first recommendation is to switch to AK47 Yellow which has a harder sponge.

As far as forehand... are you a tacky rubber guy? I’m not familiar with 2000 tackspeed. Are you looking for more speed? Or control / ease of use?

My spare setup is a Xiom Fuga (OFF-) with Yinhe Jupiter II (38 degree) on forehand and AK47 blue on backhand.

I love Jupiter II (38 degree) because of it’s ease of use. Not sure how I feel about AK47 because I’m used to using very fast tensor rubber on backhand and non-tensors seem way too slow for my backhand stroke.

Jupiter II + AK47 is only $30 USD on eacheng.net (that’s the cost of one sheet of Mark V. LoL). Just slap it on your Primorac as an experiment to see how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I was in the same boat as you, I've been using the Sanwei Fextra (FL) for 2 months. On vacation from school, so I've been playing 2-3 hrs daily plus my dad's robot.

I started with and Andro Temper Tech ALL+ (ST) which was around ~65$. Then switch to Fextra (budget awesome), but its fast IMO although Sanwei recommends it as an ALL+. Just now got a classic Stiga Clipper which is the blade I'm going to develop my game with.

TBH Andro Temper Tech ALL+ is truly AWESOME, feels good in your hand, and of course rubber depending, for the most part excellent control. It think the Sanwei Fextra is a great blade, and great segway to Stiga Clipper Classic IMO. But for more control I would go with the Andro.

This user has no status.
Hi ..I'm really appriciated for you guys, such a kind people all of you

i just want say that i choose yasaka sweden extra, already play almost 2 month since i ask for advise

This blade does all round job perfectly.
Due to semi hardness and good flexibility topspin, chop, push , block
all are reasonable. good quality for the money.

Lighzy said horrible blade, this blade is not horrible! i don't know why you said that.

I put palio ak47 blue and 729 2000 tackspeed,
speed-control is well balance
A little bit too soft for me i think with ak47 blue but great rubber. just when i meet pips rubber, i've difficult to lift underspin balls

I can win with a friend that i almost never win in a year! so much improvement

In next month i've my first local tournament, my rubber now already worn out... because i train a lot
i need to change the rubber

I need suggestion for the rubber, i like medium hard rubber and soft but not too soft i think with superb control and spin.. speed not too fast

FYI, i have a primorac. someone gave me as a gift. but i'm not try yet

So a litte bit confuse, should i use primorac for a tournament or use YSE all with new rubber

Nice one. How would you describe your playing style? Based on what I've read in this thread you could go with most of the popular suggestions - In my opinion, you may be overthinking the rubber :) You've already been training with the AK47 so as another person suggested, just get the slightly harder version so you don't end up having to spend time adjusting strokes for another rubber (not helpful at this point of your development).

Many of us like to try different setups because it's fun to find out considering the metric ton of variables. At the end of the day, the best thing for development is to stick to a setup for a good amount of time. In my view, the time to change would be once that setup is no longer competitive or no longer suits the style you have. For myself, I switched away from a Yasaka Extra Offensive chinese penhold blade that was paired with a Rakza 7 soft FH and a Donic Acuda S3 BH because I wanted to develop my looping game and reverse penhold backhand and found the setup was too fast for me. So I switched to a Yasaka Sweden Extra (great blade with high levels of control and good flex) with a Sanwei Target National FH and a Globe 999 National BH. Over time, I was getting bad shoulder aches from the effort required for the reverse penhold backhand with the hard Globe rubber, so I switched to a Xiom Vega Pro. That made it MUCH easier to practice my backhand without over straining my (relatively old) body...

Tldr - Stick as close to your current setup as possible unless it no longer meets your needs.

This user has no status.
I first used the Stiga Clipper Wood with tibhar 5q on both sides when I started.

Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood
Rubber: Tibhar 5q (1.9 on bh and 2.1 on forehand.)
The Clipper Wood is a off+, but the 5q is a soft rubber so you can alot of control and the ball won't pop out to quick. Its a good blade to also learn with. With the plastic ball 7ply is better than 5 ply.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I started playing TT 2 months back with Stiga All-round Classic blade with Mark V Max thickness on both FH and BH. This setup helped me improving my game quickly as compared to others who started with Off setup.
My setup cost me around 80 dollars. It is bit expensive for me though, but I will be keeping the blade atleast for many years to come.
About uping your game, focus more on footwork, using your lower body more, spend some time on strength training. Observe pro players footwork, position ing more than their setup and strokes for the start.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Don't fall in the common EJ phase, rather use your existing Yinhe N9s setup which looks decent to improve. Spend your money instead on coaching.