I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hi guys.. i know a lot of people in here is an expert
I just really need help, because i know i’m in the wrong path of my equipment.
I’m already play table tennis one year and i don’t see much progress on my technique, my stroke and everthing. I just feel to fast to learn with my blade i think. My first setup i’m use carbon blade sanwei cc and i don’t feel comfortable and I bought yinhe n9s with h3neo commercial max and yinhe mars max and i feel h3n too hard can’t control it. I’m still can’t have better feeling with my game and i’m not comfortable. Just can’t have a good feeling. That’s why i think i’m not improve a lot. I know my game it’s not like day one i play table tennis, but i just don’t see much progress and improve. I’m learn a lot of techniques from youtube and my friend. I play and train like 8-10 hours a week. But i just feel can’t improve and not comfortable with my setup. I’m still play like allround

I searched and i think i need a allround control blade to learn basic techniques again and i want better feeling and a lot of control

I searched and i found:

Yasaka sweden extra/classic (I don’t know the different)
Donic allplay appelgren
Sanwei fextra

And advise for the rubber...

I open any suggestions that best and suit for me

Under 75$ setup or cheaper

Thanks before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Hey man where are you located? There's a lot of good options out there for control rubbers and I typically recommend different things depending on where you will be shipping to.

I do want to say that your current N9s will definitely work to learn the strokes and feel of the ball. Usually H3 neo works pretty well to learn too. But you might want to look at Dawei 2008 XP. It's very cheap and it's definitely softer feeling than H3 neo. Still slow enough for control and spinny enough to learn to loop well

Reactions: guedir
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I've heard Mark V is amazing for all-round control style.

Is’t controlable? I need to know more about this rubber and what blade suit mark v? Or someone already use this rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hey man where are you located? There's a lot of good options out there for control rubbers and I typically recommend different things depending on where you will be shipping to.

I do want to say that your current N9s will definitely work to learn the strokes and feel of the ball. Usually H3 neo works pretty well to learn too. But you might want to look at Dawei 2008 XP. It's very cheap and it's definitely softer feeling than H3 neo. Still slow enough for control and spinny enough to learn to loop well

I’m at singapore, yea some people sait it to, but i don’t know it’s feel hard and can’t feel the ball at all for me.. no feeling. Or maybe i need flexier blade do you think?

Fextra is too fast for yourself you want an all+ blade. Get the Xiom All Around S or Stiga Azalea ALL

Azalea a bit expensive

Do you already use Xiom allround s? How about the feeling of this blade? And how you compared to yasaka sweden? About feeling and control?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hello Adni,

I've used the Yasaka Extra 3D blade. Due to the anegre top plies, it gives off a feeling where the blade "holds" the ball. Dwell time is longer on the blade. Speed wise, it is definitely controllable. The blade gives out a soft feeling on contact, which might be what you prefer for the moment. It is also reasonably priced. Try to get the blade around 85g, and not too heavy (above 90g).

For rubbers, I would suggest the Nittaku Factive, TSP Ventus Basic or the Xiom Vega Intro.

However seeing that you've played at least one and a half hours daily for the past year. And daily now. Maybe you can start on softer sponged rubbers (40°) for your stroke development and feeling?

In this case, I would suggest the TSP Ventus Spin and/or the Xiom Vega Elite. In max sponge thickness. If paired with the Extra, this is a pretty forgiving setup. Good price, and pretty nice feeling overall.

Cheers!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Don't get Sweden Extra. Horrible blade.
Wow.. Really? I never saw anyone make bad review of yasaka sweden extra.. what make you say this blade horrible?
Hello Adni,

I've used the Yasaka Extra 3D blade. Due to the anegre top plies, it gives off a feeling where the blade "holds" the ball. Dwell time is longer on the blade. Speed wise, it is definitely controllable. The blade gives out a soft feeling on contact, which might be what you prefer for the moment. It is also reasonably priced. Try to get the blade around 85g, and not too heavy (above 90g).

For rubbers, I would suggest the Nittaku Factive, TSP Ventus Basic or the Xiom Vega Intro.

However seeing that you've played at least one and a half hours daily for the past year. And daily now. Maybe you can start on softer sponged rubbers (40°) for your stroke development and feeling?

In this case, I would suggest the TSP Ventus Spin and/or the Xiom Vega Elite. In max sponge thickness. If paired with the Extra, this is a pretty forgiving setup. Good price, and pretty nice feeling overall.

Cheers!
Hi Chewy.. Thanks for the input, i will look in to it.. maybe that what i'm looking for.. Great control, feeling & Not too fast

Markv is a proven rubber through the ages. Can not go wrong with it.
Are you already used it before?

Mark V on Appelgren Allplay. Except may cost a little more than $75.
Are you already used it before? or already try it? i need more information this is suit for me or not. i look for Great control, feeling & Not too fast

Stiga All around classic blade is slow enough to learn with and it doesn’t cost all that much.
I know, are already use it? how you compare with yasaka sweden extra or classic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
i really need more input guys.. i look blade&rubber for Great control, feeling & Not too fast. suit for learning all technique with good durability for the rubber.. and what should i choose for rubber thickness? please give me more information

i know you all already pass this phase and booring to answer the beginner question about this i think, not spend much your time to sharing good advise from your own experiences. not i heard from or i read it's good.. naah. from your own experiences

now i look it in to stiga allround classic, yasaka extra 3d, yasaka sweden extra, donic allplay, xiom allround s.. still waiting more suggestion.. and your experiences
and the rubber maybe chinese i think.. they more cheaper like 729, lkt, palio or other else

Last edited:
Yinhe 896 + Palio AK47 Yellow - at half of your budget. Good to begin and develope basic techniques.
Xiom Allround S + Xiom Vega Intro - around your budget. High quality, perfect not only to begin with, but to continue to improve the techniques, until ready to switch to faster OFF setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Adni! I would say that almost everyone that have played for over ten years have Tried mark v. Proably one of the most popular rubbers ever. The most popular in the speedglue era?

Everyone used it in my club since We are a yasaka club. All the beginners that want to develop their strokes get mark v and it works really well.

If you Do not want a rubber with inbuilt speedglue effect i think markv Will be one of your best options.

If you are a beginner. As long as There are grip in the rubber and it is not to fast you are good to go. So basically alot of rubbers would suit you fine.

Reactions: NextLevel and JMC
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Adni! I would say that almost everyone that have played for over ten years have Tried mark v. Proably one of the most popular rubbers ever. The most popular in the speedglue era?

Everyone used it in my club since We are a yasaka club. All the beginners that want to develop their strokes get mark v and it works really well.

If you Do not want a rubber with inbuilt speedglue effect i think markv Will be one of your best options.

If you are a beginner. As long as There are grip in the rubber and it is not to fast you are good to go. So basically alot of rubbers would suit you fine.

Noted lula! so if i use mark v with water based glue it will be fine right? not using speed glue.
what thickness i should choose? go to max or maybe 2.0MM?

and do you have any suggestion for the blade like i want it? Great control, feeling & Not too fast

Yinhe E3 and Jupiter II both sides, very good feeling, will help you develop your technique and getting better, by the way, try to attach same rubbers on your blade

thanks for the input.. i will consider for the blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What you should use depends very much on your level and how good your technique are and what your goals are. If you are a beginner, or need to develop the strokes more it is better with slower stuff. If your goals are to become really good in the long run i think it is better with slower stuff so you can learn the strokes better. But it is proably more fun and easier to win now with faster stuff. So it is hard to give any advice really.

It would be easier if you could explain your level or post a video.

But if you consider yourself as a player that need to develop the strokes better i think it is best with slow stuff like markv, Or maybe rakza soft that is faster. And a controlled allround wood blade. No much difference between rubbers like markv or rubbers like rakza. The same for allround wood blade. So you have alot alot to chose between, and wht you chose will proably be pretty similar to other stuff. In example sriver and mark v is very similar. Rakza and all other in bulit glue effect rubbers i similar. all wood blades 5 ply is also very similar.