Zhang Jike Super ZLC Handle

Hi Everyone,

Today I fell in love for the second time in my life. I tried/played with Zhang Jike Super ZLC. The feeling, control, power, everything was amazing. The only problem is that the blade is not mine. Switching from DHS Hurricane Long 3, which is also a very good off+ but all wood blade, it made me think about trying carbon blade.

However, since ZJ Super ZLC costs 439, I am looking for alternatives. One of the things that I absolutely loved about this blade is that the handle fit in my hand like it was made to be there.

So here is the question: is there a blade with the same handle? Viscaria's handle is a bit larger, but I've read that Timo Boll ZLC has similar slightly smaller handle. Anyone has experience with it?

Thx.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have TB zlc. Nice blade. ST feels good in the hand.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Why TB ALC and not TB ZLC? And the question was about the handle.

Honestly..... Just get the ZJK ALC or T5000.

If the handle is the most important thing, that is the way to go.

99.9% of people won't be able to utilise the ZJ SZLC (or even the other ones) to their potential, so the comfort of the blade is important.

Honestly..... Just get the ZJK ALC or T5000.

If the handle is the most important thing, that is the way to go.

99.9% of people won't be able to utilise the ZJ SZLC (or even the other ones) to their potential, so the comfort of the blade is important.

Its not just the handle. I played with it yesterday for about an hour, and my consistency improved a lot, the trajectory of my shots got lower and more direct, the whole feeling was just amazing. Looping back spins was just effortless.

As someone who never used carbon blade before, I read about ALC and ZLC carbon, and their characteristics are different. So I was wondering why people would recommend to get TB ALC instead of TB ZLC if I go that rout, because ALC and ZLC should play differently. That was my question to you I think.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Its not just the handle. I played with it yesterday for about an hour, and my consistency improved a lot, the trajectory of my shots got lower and more direct, the whole feeling was just amazing. Looping back spins was just effortless.

As someone who never used carbon blade before, I read about ALC and ZLC carbon, and their characteristics are different. So I was wondering why people would recommend to get TB ALC instead of TB ZLC if I go that rout, because ALC and ZLC should play differently. That was my question to you I think.

Ah, OK.

Well I find ZLC to be quite bouncy - Great for looping backspin, amazing away from the table and the TB ZLC will be much more similar to the ZJSZLC because of this.

I find ALC a little more crisp, lower trajectory and better close to the table for the short game and counter looping.

I don't know what your level is, but I think you'll find the fact you feel your consistency improved a lot, is likely down to the psychological effect of playing with a super expensive blade.

I've used the JM SZLC and I didn't notice a huge difference over the non super ZLC blades.

I'd imagine you'll get a similar feeling from any ZLC blade - You definitely don't need to go "super".

I have the Garydia ZLC, and it's one of the nicest blades I've ever used - But my short game struggled a little, as it was a bit too bouncy (using Tenergy 05 on both sides).

But away from the table, it was an absolute dream!

The reason I said TB ALC is because the speed and gears are more similar to the SZLC than the TB ZLC. I have used the TB ZLC and in my experience the blade was just too fast and stiff with no slow gears. At the same time, its weight was more than the SZLC blades. It was also an older one (without hologram) and those tend to be faster in general (You'll see this trend with basically all Butterfly blades). Also, if you're worried about fakes you can verify the serial number of the blade.

Ah, OK.

I find ALC a little more crisp, lower trajectory and better close to the table for the short game and counter looping.

I don't know what your level is, but I think you'll find the fact you feel your consistency improved a lot, is likely down to the psychological effect of playing with a super expensive blade.

My first thought was about the psychological effect, but during that hour I was flipping from SZLC to my own blade to compare, and there was a difference every time. My blade is a looping blade, higher arch on shots, heavier as well. The only other thing that could effect what I felt was that on SZLC the rubber on both sides was 2.1, same as my BH Gewo but on my blade it is max on BH and Rasanter R47 on FH max as well.

Regarding counterlooping, I had no problems with SZLC being 2-3 meters from the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Why TB ALC and not TB ZLC? And the question was about the handle.

I have used both blades. Good handles, feel the same. Good blades.

If you want to play a little bit further away from the table and mostly loop. Go for the ALC.

If you want to play closer to the table and play more counter, smash and counterloop. Go fort the ZLC.

Of couse it is possible to do both of the things with both of the blades.

I use ZLC now instead of ALC because i think it suites me better.