BTY Alc blade alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I'm looking for an alternative to Viscaria/TB Alc. My price range is around 100$ or cheaper

and also, is Victas firefall AC a good alternative?

Firefall series is Innerforce-type...so a little different constructionwise compared to Viscaria/TB ALC
Alternatives might be either Yinhe V-14 or Gewo Force Arc.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm looking for an alternative to Viscaria/TB Alc. My price range is around 100$ or cheaper

and also, is Victas firefall AC a good alternative?

Well, I have an Andro Treiber K (FL) blade lying around gathering dust. It has the very same composition, and I chose it because for me it felt the best in that class. Handle comfort, balance, control.

I stepped down a notch when I realized that age kicking in also means development changes. New limits impose themselves.

Anyway, it’s available to a player that is up for mastering it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
From what I've read, Donic Ovtchariv True Carbon is probably the closest alternative you can get to a Viscaria.
It's the closest non-Butterfly blade in my experience. Compared to Viscaria, the True Carbon I tried had a smaller flared handle and felt very slightly harder and faster. But other than the handle really difficult to tell the difference. Excellent blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Timo Boll Spirit i think is basically the same blade as timo boll ALC. I think you can get it cheaper than the ALC. but not sure. Look it up!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Andro Treiber K, Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon (similar ST handle like ZJK ALC) and Geworden Force Arc (a little bit slower and more control) are good alternatives to Butterfly Boll Spirit, Boll ALC, ZJK ALC or Viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Okay.
Treiber k is Ok blade
Powerspin drinkhall is awesome
But u will still like more Viscaria than both
I found that ALC is wavy and plays beautiful with harder rubber
This Blue kevlar is stiff... has more vibration, bad vibration, the material is softer than alc but when you match the same rubbers you will feel more hardness (wtf)
If you have 100€ i really Love my victas AFC blade. Limba + wannabe zylon + limba + Blue kevlar + koto
I found this blade has perfect balance and beautiful grip with harder rubbers. And its slower than Visc/K/drink.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
i have tried all yinhe v14 pro (limited edition) and viscaria on a training day. those have the same handle, the different is very small. I see the thickness off yinhe pro is a more bit than viscaria - because of the core. and try them, i see yinhe is a bit harder, bounce more than viscaria. timoboll alc has the smaller handle....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
If you have 100€ i really Love my victas AFC blade. Limba + wannabe zylon + limba + Blue kevlar + koto

That "wannabe zylon" is actually Fleece-Carbon. Fleece and Zylon are very different from each other; Zylon being harder and more responsive than Fleece (Fleece is more like a "control" composite). The Victas AFC also uses Aramid and not Kevlar, although both are similar in their properties (Kevlar and Arylate (for example) are subgroups of Aramid). Koto as a core ply? Ahemm, no...

Alc is woven of kevlar and graphite
This is the biggest difference

No, Arylate Carbon is not Kevlar and Graphite.
Aramid Carbon can be Kevlar, or any other trafe mark name of a particular aramid fibers producer, and Graphite.
Some brands use the trade mark name of the compound, some don't.