BTY Alc blade alternative

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Nobody mentioned - Xiom Stradivarius. It is also a Koto top with Aramid Carbon and kiri core. I thought I will just bring it to OP kind attention. It is also in the price range which was mentioned in the initial post.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Nobody mentioned - Xiom Stradivarius. It is also a Koto top with Aramid Carbon and kiri core. I thought I will just bring it to OP kind attention. It is also in the price range which was mentioned in the initial post.

OP probably made his choice 2 years ago or so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
+1 For Tibhar Paul Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon .. However, it's price has increased, and may cost a wee-bit over your $100 budget limit

DHS Hurricane 301, though not the exact same composition as TBALC, is another sub $100 gem of a blade, you could opt for..

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Alc is woven of kevlar and graphite
This is the biggest difference

This is not correct. ALC is a cross weave of carbon fibers (not graphite) and Vectran. Vectran and Kevlar have quite a few similarities (they are both liquid crystal polymers with a property of damping vibrations) but graphite and carbon fibers are quite different (even though graphite is in fact carbon).

And I should have read to the end before posting on this thread that has been somehow exhumed from a musty grave.

Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Closest I found was Donic True Carbon.

I found the feel of DTC to be softish if I compare it with the crisp feeling of TB ALC. May be it is the underlying composite material or the rubbers. Not sure, but I also suspected the DTC felt a notch faster that my TB ALC/ZJK ALC.