• Welcome Guest

1. Top | #1
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Italy

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Forehand rubbers in China

Hi there! Since i am a big fan of chinese tt and i try to play with the chinese philosophy (e.g. Power from the ground, hit by your legs etc.), i would like to know what rubbers do medium/high level players use in china on the FH (i mean national, regional and provincial level) and what are the ones that can be used without booster.
      Do they all use boosted hurricane/skyline or something else?

2. Top | #2
      says all about Chinese equip

Advanced TTD Member Country: China
      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Orange Sponge)
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Orange Sponge)

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 246 Times in 124 Posts
      Yes they all use Neo(factory boosted) Hurricane / Skyline
      Feel free to ask me anything about Chinese equipment... Hurricane, w968, 506, n301....

3. Top | #3
      says Nothings Impossible

TTD Member Country: Pakistan

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by G_ZHANG View Post
      Yes they all use Neo(factory boosted) Hurricane / Skyline
      you mean they dont boost their rubbers?

4. Top | #4
      This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 892 Times in 486 Posts
      I think he mean that they are boosted at the factory, and they do not do it themselfes.

I do not think power from the ground and legs are something specific for the chinese. Everyone does that in my opinion, it is just that the chinese is very good at. Proably because they start with proably unboosted hard china rubbers and the coaches focus alot on that. With hard china rubbers they do not get much help from the sponge so they really need to learn to use the body to get power in the ball. When they learn this i think they boost the rubber more to get somewhat more help.

So if you really want to learn power from the ground and the body i think you should start with unboosted china rubbers. It will be very hard to play with but proably good for your technique i think. If you just use the arm the ball will barely move forward.

I use short pimple on my forehand and want to have a pretty hard short pimple rubber so i can not cheat with the stroke and need to learn to move well. With a softer sponge i can proably play as good, but it is not as good for my technique because i proably could play wrong strokes and still get good results because of the help from the soft sponge.

5. Top | #5
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade Gambler carbon
      Forehand Rubber RH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
      Backhand Rubber RH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 489 Times in 366 Posts
      Young kids being trained do not hit with power from the ground up. They get their power from technique.

6. Top | #6
      This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 892 Times in 486 Posts
      I would consider using the body and getting power from the ground as technique. They need to use the body to be able to get power. Even more if they use hard china rubbers.

7. Top | #7
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,059 Times in 583 Posts
      "Power from the ground" is the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopadoop View Post
      Young kids being trained do not hit with power from the ground up. They get their power from technique.

8. Top | #8
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Yes, i think that the power from the ground was developed by chinese and then many people all around the world starded using it.
      I've been using H3 non Neo for 1 year and a half right now, i don't like tensor rubbers.
      But also, for the right loop, i think you need also to use the hip, the shoulders and the wrist. The main difference between the asian style (and modern) topspin is that it incorporates the whole bode in the stroke, while old European technique says that you topspin by just snapping your forearm

9. Top | #9
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      European players also use the body rotation (hip) in their shots. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gugdigrazia View Post
      Yes, i think that the power from the ground was developed by chinese and then many people all around the world starded using it.
      I've been using H3 non Neo for 1 year and a half right now, i don't like tensor rubbers.
      But also, for the right loop, i think you need also to use the hip, the shoulders and the wrist. The main difference between the asian style (and modern) topspin is that it incorporates the whole bode in the stroke, while old European technique says that you topspin by just snapping your forearm

10. The Following User Likes RidTheKid's Post:

Suga D (03-10-2019)

11. Top | #10
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      @RidTheKid keep calm bro, i just said "old", not actual technique. But right now there still are some differences btw european and Asian topspin. Europeans are taught to topspin "with the arm" and then add the rotation of the body as a consequence. So the main muscle used is the one of the shoulder. In asia kids are taught to not swing back the arm like in europe and topspin with the hip, so the main muscle used is the one of the hip that is more powerful and explosive than the shoulder.

12. Top | #11
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Who said I wasn't calm? Why, are you so easily excited? There are certainly differences between chinese technique and European, but Europeans certainly play using the torque of the hips as well. It also has to do with getting in sync with your equipment, chinese rubbers are almost impossible to play with success if you don't incorporate the whole body. And "Asian" topspin isn't a good teminology to use, since japanese players don't have the same technique as the chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Gugdigrazia View Post
      @RidTheKid keep calm bro, i just said "old", not actual technique. But right now there still are some differences btw european and Asian topspin. Europeans are taught to topspin "with the arm" and then add the rotation of the body as a consequence. So the main muscle used is the one of the shoulder. In asia kids are taught to not swing back the arm like in europe and topspin with the hip, so the main muscle used is the one of the hip that is more powerful and explosive than the shoulder.