Help finding a Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Sorry, my info on Adidas may be a few years old haha. If you can't find it, just look for a Clipper/Samsonov/SK7/Andro CS7 Tour/Joola Viva. None of them are particularly expensive.

Do you have any thoughts on Speedy PO? Im looking at the reviews and stats on it at revspin and I feel like it may be something I want to try out. I'm looking for a harder rubber with good pace, control...I'm not worried about a ton of spin at the moment. I fell like this is the point where everyone judges me but I want a 1.7mm rubber. I like the thinner much more than the thicker. I tried to go up to 1.9mm last year and it drove me crazy!!!

Thank for all the help so far!!

I ordered the clipper yesterday :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Haven't tried Speedy PO, so can't help you.

But, Igorponger posted a nice table here: http://mytabletennis.net/FORUM/topic67167_page1.html#1058260. I haven't tried most of the pips listed, but from the ones I have, the judgement is about right. Nice empirical comparison of speed, spin, hardness, but control is completely subjective.

Do not trust the tables on Revspin, I've never seen a more biased list.

The Spectol Blue might interested you. I'm using the Spinpips Blue version (same sponge) and place it as medium-hard, relatively fast, good control. But fellow member Lula hated it, so YMMV.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019

But, Igorponger posted a nice table here:
http://mytabletennis.net/FORUM/topic67167_page1.html#1058260. I haven't tried most of the pips listed, but from the ones I have, the judgement is about right. Nice empirical comparison of speed, spin, hardness, but control is completely subjective.

The Spectol Blue might interested you. I'm using the Spinpips Blue version (same sponge) and place it as medium-hard, relatively fast, good control. But fellow member Lula hated it, so YMMV.

Thanks sooooo much for all the helpful advice and sources. Seems how you have been so helpful I have one other question. :) I'm looking for a stiff rubber with a low throw angle. (Pips out obviously) Do you have any thoughts. Maybe you or someone knows handy sites that display stats on different rubber throw angles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hard, low throw? I thought your Flarestorm fit those descriptions. Throw angle is dependent on grip+speed, something with low grip and high bounce should do it. Personally I prefer high grip pips, so haven't tried many in that area.

Most short pips tend to be soft, so your choices are limited. The Spectol Blue still comes to mind (medium hard sponge).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How Do you play? Do not know about thickness of the sponge. But i think if you play more blocking and counterattack like the old penhold chinese a thinner sponge can work okay. I also think they have more control. I think atleast that i prefer thicker sponge, have not Tried thinner sponge. I think thicker sponge suits better if you play more aggressive yourself, easier to create spin at the first loop and is proably easier to use if you are a somewhat tall Guy like me and need to stand not superclose to the table. Also more effect with thinner sponge. Atleast if the short pimple have little grip.

Getting more and more used to the spinpips blue so can smash harder now than the first training But i still prefer Haifu dolphin. Think dolphin had much more punch to it, better if you want to be able to kill the ball. But the control is so-so. If you want ro get more spin and base your game around control or need a rubber that helps you to put the ball on the table i think a rubber like spinpips blue would work well. So i think it works well for some thing and not so well for other things. Like all rubbers. Softer pimple rubbers suit control more But can play harder with harder short pimples if you have good technique i think. Feels like spinpips blue bottoms out for me.

I Will proably use this for a while then look for a rubber similar to dolphin. In my opinion spinpips blue are not hard at all, But Maybe i am used to dolphin that is very hard from What i have Heard. So i Will proably also try to find a rubber harder than spinpips blue.

I was very surprised have different the spinpips blue felt compared to dolphin. So it seems, atleast for me diffixult to read about the rubber. Need to try it to be able to make up your mind about it. Proably the same for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

But, Igorponger posted a nice table here: http://mytabletennis.net/FORUM/topic67167_page1.html#1058260. I haven't tried most of the pips listed, but from the ones I have, the judgement is about right. Nice empirical comparison of speed, spin, hardness, but control is completely subjective.

What others pips have you used? I have Tried rakza po, 802 40, a victas short pimple, dolphin and spinpips blue. Or i have hit with them atleast. Find that the feel of spinpips blue very odd and hard to make powerful shots compare to the above. What are your opinions?

Pretty funny i wrote that i hated it haha, you helped me with answers and then you actually use the same rubber i Do not really like. Strange that We can feel so different about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Lula, in the past I've mostly used Chinese pips including most variations of 802 and 802-40 (my longest running rubber). Others include: Legend 105, 889, 889-2, 651, 652, Spectol Speed, Waran, Hexer Pips, Superspinpips 21, Spinpips Red, Spinpips Blue, Dolphin, and for a period 802/802-40 topsheet over many different sponges.

Back in the speedglue age, 802-40 was perfect, but we are long past that now (boosting does not feel the same). I got the Blue because I wanted something harder than the Red but not quite as hard as the Dolphin, and for me its so far very good. As mentioned before, the rubber on different blades will feel very different, and I can understand and relate to the "dull" feeling you are currently experiencing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hi Lula, in the past I've mostly used Chinese pips including most variations of 802 and 802-40 (my longest running rubber). Others include: Legend 105, 889, 889-2, 651, 652, Spectol Speed, Waran, Hexer Pips, Superspinpips 21, Spinpips Red, Spinpips Blue, Dolphin, and for a period 802/802-40 topsheet over many different sponges.

Back in the speedglue age, 802-40 was perfect, but we are long past that now (boosting does not feel the same). I got the Blue because I wanted something harder than the Red but not quite as hard as the Dolphin, and for me its so far very good. As mentioned before, the rubber on different blades will feel very different, and I can understand and relate to the "dull" feeling you are currently experiencing.

I think i will use spinpips for a while. I am very much forced to use the body more to be able to kill the ball, so maybe this can be good for my technique. Or am i just stupid to change something that have worked really well for the last ten years? maybe my forehand can become even better. Then i will try 802-40 from a friend, then try 802 if 40 is to soft and then try some victas short pimple or spectol speed.

Tried victas 102, vera soft sponge but much easier to kill the ball compared to spinpips blue. The sponge of victas felt more firm. So the sponge hardness is apparently not the main issue? why can i get a more dolphin, short pimple feel with the softer victas compared to the harder spinpips?

I do not think it has anything to do with my blade. If i try in example the victas rubber on my blade it would work very well. Maybe better on a wooden blade, but i think ZLC is hard and fast enough. Not as much feel, but i think have enough feel on my own.