Equipment advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hello,

I am an average to good recreational player in search for a new custom blade and would like some help in making a decision.
I have been using for the past years a YINHE N9 with a Gambler Reflectoid on FH and a DHS PF4 on BH. The paddle is pretty worn out and since I experimented a bit with some of my friends blades (some combos between Rakza 7/Rakza 7 soft on FH and Rakza 7/Tenergy 05 FX on BH) and could see huge differences between their blades and mine, I would like to upgrade to something different.

A bit of info about my playing style: I started playing pretty defensive with a lot of chopping, short pushes and occasional drives but have switched to a more offensive style with FH/BH topspins and lots of blocking. I still like to control the tempo from time to time with short/long pushes so control is important.

Browsing these forums as well as others, I made up the following list of blades/rubbers which seem interesting. I would appreciate it if someone could offer some advice on which combo is better.

Blades:
- Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
- Ma Lin Extra Offensive
- Yasaka Silver All Wood
- Nittaku Septear

FH Rubbers:
- Yasaka Rakza 7
- Tibhar Genius
- Tibhar Evolution MX-S
- Donic Bluefire JP 03

BH Rubbers:
- Yasaka Rakza 7 (played with this on BH and really loved it; since I saw a lot of people rank it high for BH, I don't know if I should look for something else or not)

Thank you.

Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I recently used Xiom omega VII on both bh and fh on a butterfly timo boll zlf blade. At least in this specific combination both heavy topspins and blocks was very easy to perform. It felt like the rubber "ate up" ALL the spin that was on the incoming ball and made it possible to place the blocks wherever I wanted to on the table. Don't know if this is a well known property with this rubber or if it was the combination with the blade but I just wanted to give an advice for a rubber that worked for me with a similar play style. However, if control is the most important for you I would choose a slower blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Thanks for the advice.
I know that the general rule is tho have a slower blade/rubber for control but as I said, having tried a Ma Lin extra offensive blade with Rakza 7 felt great as I didn't feel losing control of the ball. That is why I am exploring equipment along those lines since if it feels good why not have a similar blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
If you have already tried the Ma Lin Extra with Rakza 7 why not going for this combo? Your own experience is much more valuable for U than any opinion here.. Later you can upgrade to another rubber if you feel you need to change some aspects of your game