Is T05H or T05 closer to MX-P?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
But I'm happy to spend twice as much on something that gives me 10% (at most) more, whilst lasting twice as long.

Perhaps, due to VAT, things are different in the UK. Out here, in the US, T05 / T05H are $80. MX-P, effectively, can be had for $30.

The most economical solution for near-T05 like characteristics is a boosted Donic Baracuda - even cheaper than MX-P.
Other MX-P substitutes: Gewo EL Pro 48 (similar throw and dwell as T05).

For me, T05H lasts significantly longer than T05 (and hence, is a much better buy). However, I have switched back to H3 Natl for more control - let us see if my shoulder holds.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Maybe UK has a special price on T05. But otherwise I don't see how there can't be much difference. For example you can buy MX-P from Dandoy in belgium for 33euro per sheet if you buy 4. As England is still in the EU right now there is no added tax etc. Shipping is free as well.

If someone has a shop where they buy T05 from in UK for around the same price please let me know as I will order all of them...

NDH

says Spin to win!
Tenergy is £56 in the UK, EVO rubbers are typically £40.

For me, the extra £16 is worth it.

Having used MX-S for a few months, I liked it on the forehand, and would have no problem using it.

I just prefer the overall feel of Tenergy, and I’m happy to pay the extra.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I understand that people prefer T05. But as you can get EVO rubbers for £28 if you just order it on a website with free shipping and 1 week delivery. Then you are paying £28 extra.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Yeah, I get that, and for people who are money conscious, EVO rubbers would be a great option.

I’m luckily not needing to count the pennies right now, and can afford to pay that little bit extra for Tenergy.

Plus, given the fact it lasts longer (in my opinion), you are probably only saving £10 over a whole year, as you’ll have to replace EVO rubbers more often.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree. It's about priorities. I value quality, and it costs more obviously.

Yeah, I get that, and for people who are money conscious, EVO rubbers would be a great option.

I’m luckily not needing to count the pennies right now, and can afford to pay that little bit extra for Tenergy.

Plus, given the fact it lasts longer (in my opinion), you are probably only saving £10 over a whole year, as you’ll have to replace EVO rubbers more often.

Reactions: NDH

Ok, I get your point.
But as others said, its not £10, but £28, and £56 for a pair. So if you change rubbers once per year its £56, and having in mind the galloping prices in GB its really not a big deal. And yes - to everyone using only 1 set of rubbers annually I would higly recomend Tenergy. For 100 hours of passion annualy its really worth to pay the double price. I see it here the same - almost all of the guys, playing once weekly for an hour and a half, use Tenergy and don't bother about the price at all, as they change rubbers once per year or two.
But if you play 300+ hours annually and you change rubbers every 3 months, than the extra cost is going to £224 and begins to matter.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I was playing 100+ hours a month in Korea. One month was it for Tenergy rubbers, 3 months was it for Aurus, MX-P has same durability as Aurus.

I was using an $8 rubber on BH and after a year in Korea, I realized I could afford one sheet of T05 a month at $50 USD in 2010... since my BH rubber lasted 3 months... so a change of rubbers was $50-58 USD... reasonable... but then price jumped to over $70 USD a sheet and that was it for me.

That was my price point analysis breaking point.

Reactions: langel
My calculation - while I change Omega rubbers /pairs/ on every 4 months, 3 times per year, they cost me £183 annually.
But with T05 I have to change on every 3 months, 4 times per year, and they will cost me £412 annually.
The extra £229 is equal to my annual club tax, or more than to double the Omega pairs, or to please myself with some good portion of EJing.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Sorry, but you are missing my point about it lasting longer.

It’s not as drastic as this, but for arguments sake, say I change my Tenergy rubbers twice per year, but I’d have to change EVO rubbers three times.

Tenergy = £112 * 2 = £224

EVO = £80 * 3 = £240

Now, it’s not quite as bad as that, which is why I said it would be roughly £10 more per year.

But due to the fact I can play with Tenergy for longer, the extra cost is decreased when compared with other rubbers over a whole year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
But now to have real quality rubber you can't even have T05 anymore. As more expensive = more quality, So now it's 100 dollar per sheet as everyone will have to use Dignics 05. :)

NDH

says Spin to win!
Haha - I'm not sure Dignics will be on my blade anytime soon.

But..... If Dignics lasted longer, or genuinely felt better for me - I may try it.

It's like when you go into a supermarket and look at the prices of things.

You'll see the headline price £5.00, and then underneath you'll see the "price per XXX" - This is usually in weight, so it would be "price per grams" for example.

The cheaper stuff is generally more expensive "per gram" - So you may think you are spending less, but you'll have to do it more regularly.

In these instances, it's better to spend more, and your overall spend will be less (as you'll need to buy less of it).

Now, I don't see Dignics being this for the record - I see Dignics as a marketing exercise to see just how far Butterfly can push the boundaries!

I also don't see how it can be the much better in terms of quality/speed/spin over Tenergy - The ONLY reason I'd buy it is if it lasted a month longer than Tenergy.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
MX-S feels much harder than T05 Hard IMO (well, maybe not much, but it feels harder).

They are all great rubbers though - No complaints at all.

NDH how do you find T05H compared to T05 or more Chinese style rubbers? Im thinking of trying a sheet on my FH as my battle II is coming near the end, but I don't know anyone who has it to try it out. So seems like a bit of a gamble but I prefer a harder rubber on my FH.

NDH

says Spin to win!
I like it, but I've always been a Euro/Jap rubber user.

I've tried Chinese rubbers (to test), but it's not what I use regularly.

T05 Hard, really isn't much different from T05.

If you don't like T05, I'd hazard a guess you probably won't like T05 Hard.

I personally found MX-S to be a little closer to a Chinese rubber, although others may disagree.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I like it, but I've always been a Euro/Jap rubber user.

I've tried Chinese rubbers (to test), but it's not what I use regularly.

T05 Hard, really isn't much different from T05.

If you don't like T05, I'd hazard a guess you probably won't like T05 Hard.

I personally found MX-S to be a little closer to a Chinese rubber, although others may disagree.

Ahh cool makes sense. Am thinking of experimenting a bit over the summer league, so might not be for now.