Mr Adham Sharara caught out by the ITTF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Not allegations: "The suspension, which commences immediately, follows ITTF proceedings that found Mr Sharara had breached his fiduciary duties during his terms of office."

Allegation is still the correct term unless it is proven in court. I do believe the charges are true though.

Not allegations: "The suspension, which commences immediately, follows ITTF proceedings that found Mr Sharara had breached his fiduciary duties during his terms of office."

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
The ITTF statement does not mention any further proceedings nor penalties/fines imposed on Sharara. If he engaged in financial shenanigans and the punishment is only a limited suspension from ITTF, that is a very light response.

Regardless of the damages to the ITTF claimed in their statement, I wonder if they are just interested to sweep this away as quickly as possible without a public legal battle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I hope this goes to court to settle all things and to punish if allegations are proven true.

A 4 year suspension seems so mickey mouse
Yes, I agree they should search for criminal and civil court proceeding should any crime be committed and ITTF being defrauded

They should set a precedent to all staff to follow on the strict and tough measure the organization will take towards illegal activities

If they just leave it to 4 years suspension, then it is indeed a mickey mouse organisation
imagine if a player is caught doping, maybe the suspension will be longer than Sharara.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 3 reviews
A 4 year suspension seems so mickey mouse
Yes, I agree they should search for criminal and civil court proceeding should any crime be committed and ITTF being defrauded

They should set a precedent to all staff to follow on the strict and tough measure the organization will take towards illegal activities

If they just leave it to 4 years suspension, then it is indeed a mickey mouse organisation
imagine if a player is caught doping, maybe the suspension will be longer than Sharara.

4 years seems very strange. Surely he cannot show his face in table tennis anymore.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
IIRC, in one of the earlier EC minutes, it's actually stated the ITTF doesn't want to seek legal action because they don't have the financial resources to get dragged into a legal battle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
this affair is all very amateurish for people used to rule of law - this all looks too similar to political purges in communist / dictatorial regimes. I am not saying any party is guilty or not guilty - in the way it goes it might be that none is guilty or all are guilty or some are guilty. Only time will tell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews