Dhs National blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I just got my national w968. I previously used HL5. w968 has a lot more feeling and control and is a very linear blade. But when using full power away from the table it has plenty of it.On the other hand HL5 feels more stiff. Does this mean that pro players specially in the CNT who use dhs w968 prefer blades with more feeling and control cz they can compensate for power with there technique ? Would love to hear your thoughts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hi,

I just got my national w968. I previously used HL5. w968 has a lot more feeling and control and is a very linear blade. But when using full power away from the table it has plenty of it.On the other hand HL5 feels more stiff. Does this mean that pro players specially in the CNT who use dhs w968 prefer blades with more feeling and control cz they can compensate for power with there technique ? Would love to hear your thoughts.
Where did you get the w968?

Speaking if DHS national blades, has anybody tried an original DHS 08? I have tried my coach's 30 yr old blade which was given to him when he trained in Chine and the speed is quite fast like a carbon blade but the shots are very controllable.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
no never tried that. I have tried my w968 and it is a great blade. Lot of dwell and control and lot of power when u use full swing.
Speaking if DHS national blades, has anybody tried an original DHS 08? I have tried my coach's 30 yr old blade which was given to him when he trained in Chine and the speed is quite fast like a carbon blade but the shots are very controllable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

I have a friend who also has got one of those.
Excellent blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
So, balde and rubber is about 220 > 230 gr? I've tried total combo 215gr but so heavy but incredible power, full stroke always over shot, not controlable, loose balcane. I think CNT don't use blade (115gr), 94 or 95 gr is reasonable

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Yogi,

I have 4 similar blades (Meteor, Friendship, and 2 Double Fish, 7-ply all basswoods), but never came across a pro quality "genuine" DHS 08 at a reasonable price (the 7 uniform layer version). I remember you had an old post about the anniversary addition. Theoretically it is the same composition and construction, can you do a detailed review/comparison? I'm on a vintage blades kick at the moment and basswood feels like smashing perfection.

Sorry if this is derailing the topic.