MXP hard 50 degree

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
After a period of injury my level of play and fitness fell, and I replaced T05 by Rozena when it was spent.

Before injury I had set my eyes on Gold Arc 8 (at 50º), and had even bought a slab of that. Since that I've been surprised to see an onslaught of relatively hard rubbers hit the streets. Now my Rozena is nearing its end of life, and so far (knock on wood) I've been free of injury for the last few months.

Maybe I should give that Gold Arc 8/50 a go. Does anybody have any idea how it compares to T05H, MX-P50, Omega VII, Hybrid K's at that same hardness?

My special point of attention is the touch game. That's where I think it helps me to have a rubber that jumps into supersonic mode less eagerly.

There is also a "China Version".. with even harder 52.5 degree sponge.

QQ图片20190322102819.jpgQQ图片20190322102845.jpg

Reactions: Cornerer
This user has no status.
After a period of injury my level of play and fitness fell, and I replaced T05 by Rozena when it was spent.

Before injury I had set my eyes on Gold Arc 8 (at 50º), and had even bought a slab of that. Since that I've been surprised to see an onslaught of relatively hard rubbers hit the streets. Now my Rozena is nearing its end of life, and so far (knock on wood) I've been free of injury for the last few months.

Maybe I should give that Gold Arc 8/50 a go. Does anybody have any idea how it compares to T05H, MX-P50, Omega VII, Hybrid K's at that same hardness?

My special point of attention is the touch game. That's where I think it helps me to have a rubber that jumps into supersonic mode less eagerly.
Didn't test T05H and MX-P 50, but Omega VII requires more digging of sponge than Hybrid to be spinny, and VII's bounciness across series also certainly makes it less favorable than Hybrid in short games (although it's still more than good enough to me).

Regular T05 and MX-P are certainly not best ones for touch games. Maybe just wait for D05 instead? :p

EDIT: I don't recommend Gold Arc unless u're into boosting. Very stamina-demanding and isn't really in the same league as those 4 u listed.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Where are gonna be the difference between the 50° MX-P in compare to MX-S?
Even tho both and others are in the 47.5° league, the MX-S feels much harder than the others, also I read about MX-P50 should have similar sponge composition (more forward speed) as MX-S while MX-P is more focused on spin generating.

Wonder how Fastarc G1 suit into that comparison. While it's also 47.5 it is stated to be softer than MX-S.

Where are gonna be the difference between the 50° MX-P in compare to MX-S?
Even tho both and others are in the 47.5° league, the MX-S feels much harder than the others, also I read about MX-P50 should have similar sponge composition (more forward speed) as MX-S while MX-P is more focused on spin generating.

Wonder how Fastarc G1 suit into that comparison. While it's also 47.5 it is stated to be softer than MX-S.

Its "should try yo define".
Results and feeling will depend on objective factors as: sponge hardness, sponge dynamics, topsheet structure hardness and dynamics, the ratio between sponge and topsheet hardness, the performance of sponge/topsheet dynamic sinergy ; all these with regard to their sinergy with the blade properties. Subjective factors: playing style, hitting style, spin generating style, and much much more, as the human system is countless in peculiarities and variations. The area where all these meet and mix with both sinergy and conficts, defines the shivering projections of our endlesly evolving feelings.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Interesting.

I heard it's the other way around. The MX-P(ower) and the MX-S(pin).
Where did you read that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Size: 168x178mm
Weight: 75gr uncut, 55gr cut on Vioncello or Violoncello, it has a bigger head than normal blades on which I think it is around 50gr
MX-S has exactly the same characteristics.

I used it a few times, at first try it feels better than Nittaku FastArc G1, much more predictable and consistent. My partners told me that I'm doing fewer mistakes than before and I feel the same. Is good in short game, doesn't pop the ball too high. Most probably the blade helps too.
You can keep the ball low on the table even when you are in difficult situations. It feels grippy and can impart a lot of spin, I don't know how long it'll keep its properties.
Compared to G1 I don't feel it throws higher the harder I hit, this is very important for me.

I have MX-S on backhand, but I haven't switch sides to make a comparison.

I'm just an amateur so take what I wrote with a grain of salt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Thorntons are selling this rubber at the same price of normal MX-P. It's top sheet is 100 % same and has no sign of difference.