MXP hard 50 degree

This user has no status.
Is anybody using the new mxp hard rubber that has been just released.
if so how does it compare to other hard versions like 05 hard, z1 turbo.

Attachments

• A31306D6-566C-43E2-91B1-D25F50719201.jpg
    A31306D6-566C-43E2-91B1-D25F50719201.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,440
Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
From the above web page:

Evolution MX-P 50 HARD (50°) TABLE TENNIS RUBBER
£54.99 £42.99

Evolution MX-P 50 HARD (50°) TABLE TENNIS RUBBER

AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW

The latest development in the Tibhar series of rubbers will be available to you from the end of March. Take advantage of our special introductory offer.

The rubber surface of the MX-P50 HARD version is identical to the rubber surface of the already familiar Evolution MX-P (47.5°). The Pro Tension rubber sheet gives excellent sensation and extended ball contact time to increase spin generation. The Tibhar professional players have already had this high-performance harder sponge available to them and due to the new generation of plastic balls it is now being made available for all players.

Spin 116

Speed 119

Control 70

It´s the same as on "regular" MX-P, if that helps you predict a performance.

Ok, then its somewhat following the modern tendency for harder sponge and softer top sheet. Though the topsheet is the same as the regular MX-P, the topsheet to sponge hardness ratio is different, and that changes the overall performance - mainly different feel with softer touch and over the table, different way the spin is generated, more power with heavy shots and at longer distance. Just assuming.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I am more concerned if the MXP 50 would be so heavily boosted as the previous onel? I have just glued a MXP on my Foco off+ and while liking it I wonder how long this nice feeling will last?
Second, it isn't clear for me what happens to the tunning if let's say the rubber was produced an year ago and I cut it now, would it be still tuned? We all know that booster lasts no longer than 3 months

Generally the harder sponges keep the tuning for a longer time. But maybe it depends a lot on the particular way of tuning.
Afaik ESN uses different agents to incorporate different gases in the sponge, and it may be different for each brand too.
I don't know about the Evolutions, but the harder Omegas 5 and 7 keep the tuning for very long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi,

Just as a side note: I've noticed for some time now that Samsonov's offensive shots - forehand and backhand - seemed decidedly stronger than in the past. It seemed very distinctive to me.

Thanks.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
Is your pro mxp at 50 degrees?
Yes pro MX-P with a different package is readily purchasable in one of our local stores. Seems hard to find on 'net though.
I never tried myself but there's 47.5 and 50degree to choose for. Also quite a bit more expensive than norm ver. (although still cheaper than tenergy) so I do have doubts whether what Airoc said was true or not.

EDIT: I'll just gonna try and confirm the truth eventually. One of my many friends are probably going to grab it sooner or later.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
so I do have doubts whether what Airoc said was true or not.

?
I said Tibhar supplies varying hardnesses to pro players. No doubt about that. This goes up to 55 degrees, but only in individual production for the chosen few ...

I see no necessity for a 47.5 degree PRO version more expensive than the regular (in that case you´d just pick regular and select from the harder end of the spectrum) and while I´ve known the 50 degree version for a while it was never meant to be sold.

So, either your shop has an exclusive contract or has taken the liberty to fabricate something that doesn´t really exist outside their own world.

With a picture of rubber and packaging this should be easy to answer.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
?
I said Tibhar supplies varying hardnesses to pro players. No doubt about that. This goes up to 55 degrees, but only in individual production for the chosen few ...

I see no necessity for a 47.5 degree PRO version more expensive than the regular (in that case you´d just pick regular and select from the harder end of the spectrum) and while I´ve known the 50 degree version for a while it was never meant to be sold.

So, either your shop has an exclusive contract or has taken the liberty to fabricate something that doesn´t really exist outside their own world.

With a picture of rubber and packaging this should be easy to answer.
Package is same as the one shown in ProTT website, and with the labels of hardness & color written in simplified Chinese I guess this version might be more of an Asia thing. And at a price of almost twice the regular version I would guess the topsheet should have at least some sort of difference as well.
https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=EVOLUTION
There's detailed description about this version at lower down of page.

Last edited: