Playing left handed advantage vs rh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hmmmm. My team mate and training partner is a LH and I don't suffer against him, I even win more in rallies and friendly matches than he does against me, but in the real life he is the the higher ranked player cause he causes more havoc among the dominant RH crowd around us and I win easily against equally and even higher ranked LH opponents.....see what I mean

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Kolev, it sounds to me that you win against him because you are used to playing against LH players. Your friend's elevated ranking (above you) might have more to do with LH advantage than him being a better player than you... but that advantage is lost against you because you are used to it. I could be completely wrong here, but it seems to make sense.

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I would say the advantages cut both ways. But as most people are used to RH, L'handers' fast pendulum serves to the far forehand can easily pull someone out of position.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
It's all speculation, my guess, based on their are more rh than lf, therefore more familiar, 1-3 points per game.

I think I agree with Loopadoop, 1-3 points, depending on your and your opponents level and how often you are playing with left handed players, seem plausible. Recently I played with a left-handed player (who is, in general, a better player than me) and I think I lost at least 2 or 3 points per game because I am not used to playing left hand players and I always gave him the ball to his stronger side then I wanted because everything was in reverse